If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I wonder if anybody here could beat Alex in a sword fight?

edited 2012-01-27 18:45:02 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star
Anybody want to try?

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'd beat him the pirate way.

Sheer force of numbers.

• From what I've heard about combat, and I think he'd agree with this, extensive training and knowledge isn't a guarantee of victory over a less skilled opponent. People make mistakes and get lucky. It'd be less likely, but I think it's not impossible for one of us to beat him in mortal combat.

• No rainbow star
    So we should train a rabbit that is wearing a four leaf clover to use a sword and fight Alex?
  • You can change. You can.

I'd just shoot him after I'd draw my sword because why not

• Obligatory Indiana Jones reference.

• edited 2012-01-27 19:04:25
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Makes me wonder what Alex thinks of the idea of a gunsword :D

If he's a thinking human being, the answer is "lolno"

• No rainbow star
    ^ Hey, it has uses!

For example, you can use a knife to stab the guy to death once they start laughing at your gunsword

• In Dissidia Final Fantasy, Squall Leonhart's use of the Revolver is refined beyond the normal slashes seen in Final Fantasy VIII, incorporating the use of the gunblade's recoil for a unique combat style. Using the Heel Crush and Rough Divide techniques, Squall triggers a round while holding the gunblade behind him, the recoil pushing him forward. Using the Solid Barrel and Beat Fang techniques, Squall thrusts the blade into the enemy, triggers a round (which also damages the enemy), and the recoil of the shot pushes the blade back, where Squall immediately thrusts again, repeating the process several more times.

lol 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^That reminds me with a conversation my dad had with the owner of a gun store, regarding pink guns. The owner had this to say about them: "I actually prefer them. I figure if I ever need to point it at someone, they'll laugh, and while they're doing that, I'll shoot."

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

hellokittyassaultrifle.jpg

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ ...What gun could have enough recoil to move a sword THAT big?
  • It is the Gun, silly.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

From what I've heard about combat, and I think he'd agree with this, extensive training and knowledge isn't a guarantee of victory over a less skilled opponent. People make mistakes and get lucky. It'd be less likely, but I think it's not impossible for one of us to beat him in mortal combat.

This is certainly a thing. Plus, numbers overwhelm -- if all of you decided to fight me at once, I'd have to play with terrain and find ways to harm your morale to have any hope of winning. There's no way I can take the twenty-whateverish regulars of IJBM head-on atop flat, even terrain. Twenty dudes (and dudettes), man. That would be a battle worthy of song and all, but it's kind of impossible.

As for gunblades and stuff, I remember thinking of one way it could work -- the magazine sits along the riccasso of the blade, with the crossguard being the barrel. This would be excellent for binds, because you could lock an adversary's weapon in place with yours and then shoot freely.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

you could lock an adversary's weapon in place with yours and then shoot freely.

So it would work well with a sword-breaker sort of weapon? Especially a shorter one, like a parrying dagger.

• No rainbow star
    I wonder how you'd screw with our morale?
  • edited 2012-01-27 21:07:25
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Well, since the gun is on the crossguard, it doesn't need a sword-breaker accompaniment. Your gunshots are attacks of opportunity whenever that presents itself. I mean, if you were to capture an enemy's weapon in an off-hand weapon and then shoot them, there's no real point in having a gunsword -- may as well have a gun.

^ With bloodshed, I'd expect. If I had to fight a group, I'd make certain to find some narrow ground where I can't get overwhelmed. Then I'm free to fight small numbers while the rest of you watch and listen.

• No rainbow star
    And then Juan shoots you :D

I'd probably let him kill some of you because why not. 

Then I'd shoot him, give him a high five as a way of saying thank you. Because, you know, we'd still be best bros.

• Depends on where you shoot him.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind being a eunuch for the rest of his life.

• edited 2012-01-27 21:15:13
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^ SHOOTER NO SHOOTING

• edited 2012-01-27 21:15:47

I don't know, if you shot him in his high-fiving hand he might not be able to high-five you properly.

Or if you shot him in the head he might not be able to live properly.

That assumes I wouldn't be a dick and aim for the...you know, dick.

• True, that is more likely. But in the unlikely event you actually manage to hit him, I doubt even Alex's sheer GAR would be able to ignore the fact that he just got shot in the gentleman's region. I doubt he'd be in a position to high-five you for several hours at least.

• I thought bayonets were amusingly analogous to gunswords.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Yeah Juan you would probably not be getting high fives forever if you shot me in the dick. Jus' saiyan.

• No rainbow star
    Nah. Bayonets are more like swordguns if anything
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

dickgirls, all of you.