If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

1811 Dictionary in the Vulgar Tongue (NSFW?)

edited 2012-02-23 17:48:55 in IJAM
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Want to know a lot of vulgar (for 1811 that is) language?
Then this is the perfect dictionary. 

BITER. A wench whose **** is ready to bite her a-se; a lascivious, rampant wench.

TO BOX THE JESUIT, AND GET COCK ROACHES. A sea term for masturbation; a crime, it is said, much practised by the reverend fathers of that society.

Etc.

(A lot of entries have CANT written in them which basically means slang.) 

Comments

• You still find some of these expressions used in English, British English at any rate. Although some seem to have changed meaning e.g. "blackleg" now means a strike-breaker, not a gambler as it seems to have done in 1811. I vaguely remember my grandma talking about "going to Bedfordshire" for going off to bed.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Cant is a bit more than slang; it was the jargon of thieves, hustlers, low-lives and scrappers. Basically, the language of the Old World ghetto.

A lot of modern words are from cant, like "pal" and "camouflage."