If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ok, Gamefreak, NOW you're milking it

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Yes, but if they're going off the wall now that they're going for a sequel, why can't they go off the wall in terms of what they aim to do with a sequel?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

They're not going off the wall- they're going back to basics. That's their goal, and it has been stated since before Black and White were released. That's shown by things like them not using any old Pokemon in the main story and all.

Similarly, the other thing that makes me doubt it is that they have already introduced mechanics that were hardly used in the previous games- like triple battles, which there were what, five of? I'm fairly sure that they're going to use the new mechanics a lot more, rather than introduce even more mechanics and leaving the old ones barely used.

• No rainbow star

Cygan, this is the first time they've skipped a third version and gone and made direct sequels. We don't know for certain WHAT they'll do

Although yeah they're likely just to use the current mechanics

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's still not that far off what they normally do. It's certainly different, but it's not game-changing.

Well, I guess it is game-changing because there's, you know, changes to the games, but it's not so significant as to mess that up.

• They'll probably add one or two features the way they did with Yellow or whatever.

The features added for Yellow were added because it was based off the anime. Thus why no Pokemon except Pikachu follows you around.

They may add a gimmick like Heart Gold's Pokemon following you, though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Note that Heart Gold wasn't a third release, though.

I'm still sad they took that out for BW :<

No, but it was a fourth-gen game.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Y'know what would actually have been really interesting?

If, instead of making just two different main versions of each generation, they made one game, but with each cartridge having some mons semi-randomly unavailable for capture.  So you would actually have to hunt out other players that had the mons in question.

...I said interesting, not good.

And a trash monster! And a water ghost with a mustache! And the Three Musketeers as legendary quadrupeds! And some sort of psychic fetus thing!

Is this serious or just a mockery?

It's true, but phrased ridiculously.

• edited 2012-02-25 21:58:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

Is this serious or just a mockery?

I probably sound like a parody at this point.

I actually like the new Pokemon, but it's funnier to just crudely break them down into their core concepts, because, really, there are some pretty off-the-wall ideas here.

• edited 2012-02-25 22:02:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>They should stop making new Pokemon/new Pokemon designs are lame.

notthisshitagain.jpg.

I think they finally understood that throwing more pokemons at people is not creative game design.

1. They do way more than that each generation, as Cygan said.

2. Would you like it if Magic stopped releasing cards and just adjusted the rules every once in a while?

• No rainbow star

Y'know what would actually have been really interesting?

If, instead of making just two different main versions of each generation, they made one game, but with each cartridge having some mons semi-randomly unavailable for capture.  So you would actually have to hunt out other players that had the mons in question.

...I said interesting, not good.

Yes, but would they make as much money? :P

I always find it odd how people complain about an ice-cream pokemon, but not about a used-chewing-gum pokemon.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Which one's the used chewing gum pokemon?

• You can change. You can.

Ditto?

• No rainbow star

^^^ Or a trash bag and not a pile of sludge

• edited 2012-02-25 22:11:45

Or call new evolutions lame when we had a purple blob evolve into a bigger purple blob in the first gen.

• Or a floating magnet evolving into 3 floating magnets.

Which then evolve back into a huge magnet.

• edited 2012-02-25 22:13:21
    No rainbow star

^^ Hell, even Klinklank is more creative than THAT

In firstgen, I prefer a lot of the unevolved pokemon to the evolved ones.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I keep reading this as 'Malking it' 

and a pokemon game with vampires in it would be pretty boss.

• edited 2012-02-25 22:19:21

We have a family of bloodsucking bats already.

Gastly?

I want to see an actual Vampire pokemon now. And some Werewolf pokemon. More Alternate Forms!

Hmm . . . Dark/Poison/Flying (some combination of that) Physical Sweeper with some status moves? Actually, a vampire pokemon could probably become broken pretty easily.

• No rainbow star

^ Dark/Poison with Levitate :D

Possibly, possibly.

• edited 2012-02-25 22:24:17

I wouldn't like out and out vampires honestly, it's too cliche. Pokemon should stick to real life vampiric animals.

You know, a flea Pokemon with stuff like Bounce, High Jump Kick, and Giga Drain would be interesting.

• Sunny Day should weaken it by a lot. [/2 cents]