If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Casey Anthony found Not Guilty

edited 2011-07-05 18:19:58 in General
CRIMINAL SCUM!
Bullshit. That case had guilty written all over it.

A mother leaves home for a month, takes her unwanted child, lies about the whereabouts of said child to family, admits said child was missing the entire time without filing a missing child notice until mother's car is found in a tow yard smelling like death, then said child turns up dead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anthony Wiki page for explanation of the case.

Comments

• She's a wimmin, and we all know wimminz would never do evil things.

That's probably their stance.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    There was practically no actual evidence. Sure, she did it, but reasonable doubt. It's the price of innocent until proven guilty.
  • Why do you care?
  • Can't win them all, I guess.
  • edited 2011-07-05 18:28:02
    CRIMINAL SCUM!
    ^^^ I've read cases of people convicted for less. The circumstantial evidence was pretty damning, even if they didn't "Lift a bunch of prints that proved she did it" off the corpse.
  • Why is this a national news story again?
  • edited 2011-07-05 18:31:08
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Well, people shouldn't be convicted on less. Thats the basis of our justice system. The only real evidence is her behavior, and that could be handwaved as denial or something.

^Because white woman in a major city.
  • I'm finding it weird that they didn't at least manage to pin her with neglect/abuse. Even if you dream up some hypothetical where the death wasn't intended, her level of irresponsibility seems pretty criminal.
  • They found her computer had searched how to make and kill people with chloroform, and her car had decomposing hair and chloroform IN it. After she'd lied and lied and lied about her kid, her job, and the nanny.

That just spells guilty right there. Means, motive, and opportunity.
  • Yeah, I guess that if somehow she didn't do it, she'd have to have some sort of alibi, right?
    Not if her claim is accidental death.
  • *shrug*

She obviously wanted to kill her kid, and the kid died, but that doesn't mean she did kill her kid.
  • Glaives are better.

She's a stupid, lying harlot who should be stoned to death. At best, she was a neglectful mother who accidentally killed her child. Worse - and more likely - she murdered her child so she could slut around town some more. 

Yes, I mad.

• edited 2011-07-05 19:13:25
    [thump]
    Bear in mind: pretty much the entire county despises her now. Being her still won't exactly be pleasant.
  • She really doesn't have anything on Catherine Pelzer.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Her social life will be now non existent, as will possibly her home life. If she's not killed by a mob, she will starve to death by inability to find a job.

Go forth, Karma, and kill.
    Isn't she just a gender flipped Geraldo Riviera?
  • edited 2011-07-05 19:28:20
    ^^^Nah, she'll make a bundle on interviews and maybe a book deal or something. But she won't be able to buy the ability to have civil social contact with other people.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^She could use the money from said interviews and book deals to change her identity and slip out of the public's eye.
  • edited 2011-07-05 19:37:36
    Loser
    Schtizo,
    Her social life will be now non existent, as will possibly her home
    life. If she's not killed by a mob, she will starve to death by inability to find a job.

Go forth, Karma, and kill.

I cannot say I care for that kind of talk. I think that punishment should be handled by the law, not by random people. That way it can at least seem somewhat blind and not become disproportionate as easily. Your mileage may vary there though. 

As for what Funnyguts said, I do believe that Nancy Grace committed an offense that would even be considered a capital crime somewhere in the U.S. I find it silly to want people to die solely because they are annoying. At least, I do not think that kind of standard is a good basis for any kind of good justice system.
  • edited 2011-07-05 19:34:41
    They're somethin' else.
    ^^^ and ^^ Knowing how utterly, utterly fucked up this world is, that actually does seem plausible.

Why can't bad things happen to bad people?
  • edited 2011-07-05 19:34:39
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^^^^ No, she's a gender flipped Glenn Beck. Except less of a nutcase and more of a cunt. Seriously, look at this:

^ YESHYESH.avi
  • So the chloroform thing sounds like bullshit, the citation leads to msnbc citing "news reports" for the claim. "news reports" which is the reporter version of "I wanted to cause shit or heard it from somebody and thought it sounded good. So lack of concrete evidence, no real motive and no explanation for the death leads to enough reasonable doubt to acquit her. Of course Nancy made it impossible for this girl to lead a normal life under her current name. Nice job, bitch. 
  • edited 2011-07-05 20:43:19
    ^^I disagree; even in the presence of reasonable doubt in the legal sense, she pretty clearly did it. Nancy's crime here is using shit like this to profit.

Ninja'd.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    TL;DR

So I've been hearing about this case for a while now.

And I've been wondering: WHY THE FUCK DO I CARE?

Seriously, I care more about whoever the fuck Mel J. Vanette is than about this case.
  • To quote INUH
    Because white woman in a major city

Now I'm going back to barely giving a shit about this.