If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• edited 2011-08-08 18:47:14
    You can change. You can.
    You can't overcome everything. You can't be a superhero toughass mothafucka. Nobody can't.

What you can do is learn from past mistakes and embetter yourself everyday. What you can do is to try and be a better person. Not someone so selfdeluded who just..."believes in himself", but someone who can see at himself and see both the good and the bad and have the willingness to cut out the bad. 

@Ninjaclown: Hollering is not working out for me and the site's connection is being fucktarded. Lemme give it another try.
  • then the world is meaningless.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Kamina's philosophy only worked because he lived in a world where willpower is an actual universal force.
  • You can change. You can.
    then the world is meaningless.

The world is meaningless if you want it to be meaningless.

Everybody makes up their own meaning and their own interpretation of the world and reality.
  • edited 2011-08-08 18:50:35
    You have to give it a few tries, it worked after a while with me.

^^ Basically. In the real world, believing in yourself is a vague generic excuse for self delusion for those who find it to hard to think about how to achieve their goals realistically.
    But then, there's also the FUA guy, who believes in something like that.
    EL FUA

• edited 2011-08-08 19:10:30
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Juan: Yeah, fans ruin everything. A lot of people miss the point of Kamina's bombast, in that he himself is very insecure and acts like that inspire those he finds much more capable than him. I'll agree that it's come under 'knights who say nii' syndrome though.

The show, though, I watched it at a hard time in my life and it helped me get through.
  • I think Raw successfully made a few people hate TTGL.
    Landstander comes to mind.
  • I'd say that's a pretty lousy reason to hate something.
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:36:07
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Landstander is that kind of person.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Is that fua guy some Latin American meme we superior Europeans haven't heard of?
    It's a drunk guy who ranted about the Universal Applied Force, or by it's acronym in spanish, FUA. The Police picked him off the streets and then some news network decided to make a report of his rambling and then youtube.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Look!

It is his project over the universe!

(Did I get it right?) 
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Project works as a verb here,not a noun but yeah
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    So it's like some guy yelling, "YO SOY HE-MAN!" in the streets.
    It's like a guy who thinks he is a jedi.
    Is that fua guy some Latin American meme we superior Europeans haven't heard of?

I'm just gonna say that the guy has a KYM page, so...

Yeah, you Spaniards suck donkey balls

• edited 2011-08-08 20:17:27
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    FYI, the crowner has dropped down to 2.59:1.

EDIT: Fuck, it's down to 2.56:1 now.
  • Inside, too dark to read
    I don't care about TTGL because I haven't encountered a fan who will answer the question "So what does this do that G Gundam didn't do with more heart?"
  • Silly Rottweiler, expecting Gurren Lagann fans to be familiar with other super robot anime.
  • G-Gundam was my favorite hsow growing up.
  • Gundam Wing for me.
  • edited 2011-08-08 21:14:01
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    What does it do? It was made to be even more ludicrous.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Also Super Robot shows tend to age badly, so a more recent anime like TTGL would be noticed more. Though to be fair, G-Gundam has aged better than most Super Robot shows.
  • I disappear for an hour and it drops to 2.55:1?
  • I hope this is taken as a case-by-case judgement.

As in, Hundreds of people are coming out of the wood-works to close Troper tales down wash their hands of it.

It's like, if we get 600 votes to close it down, but because 301 want it, are they really going to keep it because

"Omg not 2/1"
  • Clean your room little Billy

13:1 - 2:1 drop.

budddwyerheadshot.gif

This discussion has been closed.