If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Indeed.
  • You can change. You can.
    How about this one? From here

So here's mine:
    • Liked to draw fantasy battle scenes and write violent works of fiction.
    • Plotted bloody vengeance against bullies.
    • Once wondered aloud why more suicides weren't carried out in a quick and clean fashion.
    • Once wandered around a party, taking sips out of the grown-ups' wine glasses and getting tipsy. At the age of five.
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:37:46
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • Why does Madrugada have such a vested interest in keeping Troper Tales? I thought she was cool. :c
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:37:50
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • Dark Skinned Red-Head.

1 tale, read a little bit of the introduction, had no clue what it was from the tale though.

Cargo Ship.

5 tales. Only one of them could be said to be an example of even trying to represent the trope..

Oblivious to Love.

2 tales, One vaguely linking themselves to the trope, the other trying to set up some sort of subversion.

Video Game Cruelty Potential.

"Playing Star Trek: Birth of the Federation often brought this out in me (especially if I was playing as the Cardassians). I would subjugate minor races for no reason but to do it. In fact, on more than one occasion, the Mizarians would surrender themselves to me, offering to let me become the ruler of their system. I would turn down their offer just so I could subjugate them."

"Mario Kart can bring out the worst in me. If I'm doing truly horribly, then I'll occasionally just fling my driver off the edge of the course in as many new and interesting ways as I can. "

Ehhh, second one is Iffy, but first one sounds alright.

"Since I was but a lad, I found joy in ruining the lives of NP Cs. Not just killing them, anyone can do that. I broke all their stuff, dragged their friends over to their corpses and burned their car up. I throw them at other people on the street. I even made up a game in Prototype that I call "Leapfrog", which involves activating Armour and Musclemass at the same time, and seeing how many times he can jump and land on an innocent civilian in a row without actually touching the sidewalk. My current record is 47 times. That's a lot of Gibs."

This one had 5 articles, One of them was about a friend and a -So, yeah- explanation levels, the other was about killing players in a game where you kill other players, so I'm not gonna count that one.

Gaiz, don't post them just here.

POST THEM THERE
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:37:54
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    "Super Robot shows tend to age badly"

You shut your whore mouth! Mega XLR is eternal!
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    "2.37"

>mfw the ratio keeps falling

http://i51.tinypic.com/2pq1c78.jpg">

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Eternally cheesy.
    And eternally fun. That's the purpose, ya know. 

anyway, if Forzare's post doesn't win them over, then I'm done. 
    I didn't deny its hilarious potential.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I am not pleased that the ratio keeps creeping down.  :l

I think you're right.  The people voting aren't even looking at the thread.
    And that's the worse part, yanno.

Blugh, I'm sick of this, really. The site's problems would be fixed if there wasn't such a big ass divide between what an editor and a forum poster are and what they do.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    2.27:1 and falling. Yeah, I don't think this is going to happen.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Fuck.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Well, if it doesn't, that's my final cue that the site's not gonna change. If it doesn't go through, I guess I'll be leaving.
    Pretty much where I'm standing. Or at least, I'll stay over at the mega threads and go all "Fuck the wiki".

So...um...basically the position I held back before Nakama was renamed.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I don't think I'll completely let go of the site. I'll abandon the wiki, maybe still post here and the on the forums. Maybe jump ship to SA..
    Yeah, I'll probably still visit the Media boards, but that will be it. Fuck the Wiki if they can't even be bothered to delete Troper Tales.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:10:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Same here.

I think that'll also be my cue to remove the site from my adblock whitelist.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:10:43
    Inside, too dark to read
    Ugh, the ratio is down to 2.28:1
    I would jump ship to SA if I had a way to pay the fee without going through my parents.

But I'll definitely abandon TV Tropes if this doesn't go through.
  • Jump ship to SA? I would but I'm too poor >_>

But yeah, This is disheartening, People keep shouting and yelling about everything that's wrong but no one listens.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:14:21
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I would jump ship to SA if I had a way to pay the fee without going through my parents."

Same. Well, except I gave up on TVTropes ages ago and don't plan on leaving here, so I'm not jumping any ships.
    No one in power, to be specific.
  • I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    I have a decent job, I may jump ship anyway. But I can't figure out the account things.

It costs $10 to post, another $10 to remove ads and a further $10 to browse the archives?
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:15:23
    Poot dispenser here
    2.30:1 right now.

There may be hope yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back down to 2.28:1.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Leave the site? Concerning something you don't even read or look at? But Troper Tales doesn't make the Forum suddenly suck, does it? I am pretty sure discussions on Dr. Who and Game of Thrones wouldn't suddenly decrease in quality just because a very important part of the wiki isn't eradicated, right?
This discussion has been closed.