If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mystery Science Theater 3000

edited 2011-08-09 06:48:58 in Media
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
How do they eat and breathe and other science facts?

That aside, it annoys me how much of this show has been lost to copyright issues, legal binding, or just the sands of time. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and even stuff like the MST3K archive project which documents the episodes that can be found has things that can only be called torrents in the vaguest sense. The lost episodes just bug me as well as there seem to be people who obsessively taped every episode and yet there's still a good chunk unaccounted for.

At least The Hub's re-airing 1960s Batman...

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Do me a favor and get me subtitle for that bitch, because I'm getting tired of you gushing about it and me not watching. >:(
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Dude, finding anything for this show not on DVD is like questing for the golden fleece in the first place.

There might be DVDrips on places like Demonoid with built-in subtitles though.
    thank you. This info will be taken into account.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Man, I loved that show when I was a kid. It's always nice to watch again.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^ I saw some of it in Taringa a while ago, don't remember if it was subbed
    Me too. Taringa has it without subs, except for the movie. 
  • edited 2011-08-09 17:10:26
    no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    That aside, it annoys me how much of this show has been lost to copyright issues, legal binding, or just the sands of time.

You could always try hitting the L1 button.

MST3K was a very hit-or-miss series for me. Some episodes were just hilarious, but most of them were kind of dull. Usually the rule of thumb is that the shorts hold up better than the actual movies.

I remember back when I used to be really into it, finding a website where a guy had every episode and he would make DVD-Rs for you for a low price. I forget where it was and I never purchased a thing from him, but I'm guessing the episodes are available.
  • Inside, too dark to read
    Usually the rule of thumb is that the shorts hold up better than the actual movies.

"They're doing it clown style!"
  • They're somethin' else.
    I'll agree that some episodes are a bit dull. Not to the level of XKCD hit and miss, but up there. I do feel it's a hilarious show but not something I'll show friends.
  • Man, I thought this was gonna be about how you think MST3K sucks and I was gonna nerdrage so bad I blow a ventricle.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

^Don't worry, there are plenty of MST3K fans here to defend it.

• It was a pretty good show. Not as funny as Rifftrax or TGWTG, but pretty good.
    > Not as funny as
    > TGWTG

Those are fighting words, son.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Myrm: