If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The TVT Kingdom Hearts thread

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The KH Female in that video isn't fat enough, or have a stupid obsession with the Time Warp or Steam Punk. It's almost incorrect.
  • Plus she was sort of semi vaguely coherent.

Or at least she was in the second or so I watched before clicking off.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Well the ones I met WERE coherent, but they were just very annoying. And good at Math and drawing. But very annoying.
  • It makes sense they'd be good at drawing, considering how much time they'd spend drawing Sora and Riku/Roxas and Axel/Terra and Ven/Ven and Vanitas/any male character and any other male character fucking.
  • They're somethin' else.
    In person, Cygan. In person.
  • $80+ per session
    One of my female friends is as stereotypical as a female KH fan can be, personality wise. She's very attractive and peppy though. Too bad she's a huge slut and annoyingly stupid.
  • edited 2011-08-29 04:55:43
    "OH MY GOSH YOU LISTEN TO UTADA HIKARU TOO OMG!" *droolslathermoan*

KH fangirls are the grossest things ever.
  • ohai Electivirus
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Player: How come all of these "worlds" are pretty much on the same planet?

Game: Alternate universes?

Player: Aladdin/ Hercules crossover anyone?

Game: Shut up you!
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    How come all of these "worlds" are pretty much on the same planet?

Huh?
    Do I really have to explain this? Alright then....

Movie-General Location
    Aladdin - Arabia
    Hercules - Greece
    Cinderella - France or maybe Germany
    Beauty & The Beast - France
    Peter Pan - Spent some time in London.
    Tarzan - Africa
    The Lion King - Africa
    Pirate of the Caribbean - Duh
    The Little Mermaid - The Atlantic Ocean
    The Magic Kingdom - Florida
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I dated a girl who was a stereotypical KH fan. We eventually agreed to stop talking about it though I occasionally taunted her with things like 'Kairi's so hot.'
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Do I really have to explain this? Alright then...

No, I mean, they all look like they come from the same planet, but not the same world.
    You are suggesting Sliders then. I guess so. There isn't anything to say otherwise. Though, if that were the case of having parallel worlds like that, then it is possible to have parallel versions of the main characters. And I just predicted Kingdom Hearts 4.
    No, not even that.

It's more that each world just feels... self-sustained.
    I'm not sure I understand your thoughts on the issue of the nature of the worlds. Care to explain them a bit.

Despite my joke, I do think the Sliders theory to be the case.
    It's like, I think they're similar planets, but not similar worlds. While their composition might be the same, their cultures, countries, etc. are different.
    Hm, that works! I don't agree with the theory, but it works.
    Well, there's already precedent for many other worlds with similar composition (the original/Final Fantasy worlds of the game) as well.
  • You can change. You can.
    Cygan: I wrote that half asleep, so...feel free to poke holes at it all you wish.

Point is, I really dislike the spinoffs. Never could enjoy a single one of them, and with the exception of BBS (Which I haven's played, so I can't judge) they are all comparatively weak to the main seies.

Not to mention that it's annoying how the series is trying to distance itself more and more from the Disney side of things. Probably the reason that so many people got into the game and what separated it from your average run-of-the-mill JRPG.
  • They're somethin' else.
    ^ This, for me anyway.
  • $80+ per session
    Squeenix takes a backseat to Disney in BbS.
  • edited 2011-08-29 17:28:21
    $80+ per session
    The only games that can even really be considered spin offs are 358/2 days and Re:Coded. And even then, they are still part of the overall plot. Birth By Sleep was incredibly important to the plot, and from the trailer of Birth By Sleep Volume 2, it seems that will be as well. Dream Drop Distance as well.

So many annoying fans keep saying "Oh this means we wait even longer till KH3 blah blah blah" but what they don't seem to realize is that KH3 is gonna tie all this stuff together.
    Hence the problem at hand. Why should I play so many games for a story that just seems to grow up backwards (AKA: Pure backstory)?

I honestly don't care for any of the old keyblade wielders nor feel that the lore of the series is really that interesting. Then why should I even care about a story that is just all about that?

Not to mention the general inaccesibility of said games (Wanna learn the whole backstory of the series without a wiki? Get a DS, a PSP, an iPhone/iPad etc etc)

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yeah, the slapdash crossover releases on a dozen platforms were really annoying to me.
  • $80+ per session
    Then just forget about them. Don't play them and don't complain about them if they don't interest you at all. Just stick to playing the ones you like/tolerate.
    Don't play them

I already do that.

don't complain about them

I won't do that.
    Yen Sid looks fucking pissed all the time!
    Point is, I really dislike the spinoffs. Never could enjoy a single one of them, and with the exception of BBS (Which I haven's played, so I can't judge) they are all comparatively weak to the main seies.

-shrug-

It's fine if you don't like them. I just don't think you can go around saying 'I hope they die in a fire', because while you may not like them, many others do.

I mean, I really don't like Evangelion, or Homestuck, and I've listed reasons for both (mainly the second). Does that mean I have the right to complain about it every time the topic is brought up and say I hope it dies in a fire, or should I just back off and recognize that there are things in the world that I don' t like that others do?

Because your argument is sounding a lot like "I don't like the spinoffs, so IMO they shouldn't exist".
    I can understand other people liking them. I just don't feel they complement the original series enough to even deserve all the budget and time effort that is spent on them. Not to mention that I feel that the quality is abysmal. 

Sure, it's dislike, but I have reasons enough to think that they shouldn't have been made beyond the fact that the quality is not good enough (Whether this are valid reasons that's for you to consider)