If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Christmas Carols

edited 2011-09-03 16:48:15 in General
No rainbow star
They began infecting my brain back in mid August D: I now have Winter Wonderland memorized by heart

Comments

• Christmas Carols are basically the single biggest reason I'm very glad I don't work in a department store.  I would frigging stab something by the time December even rolled around.
  • You're a bum, you're a punk
    You're an old slut on junk
    Lying there almost dead
    On a drip in that bed

You scumbag, you maggot
    You cheap, lousy faggot
    Happy Christmas, your ass
    I thank God it's our last
  • edited 2011-09-03 17:33:16
    Loser
    Icalasari,
    UP ON THE ROOFTOP REINDEER PAUSE,

OUT JUMPS GOOD OLD SANTA CLAUSE

DOWN THROUGH THE CHIMNEY WITH LOTS OF TOYS

ALL FOR THE LITTLE ONES

CHRISTMAS JOYS

Seriously though, I think I know that feeling.

The beginning of that song has somehow been stuck in my head since at least April.
  • I am the only fucking person on the internet who likes Christmas songs.

What the fuck is up with the internet and souless hatred of everything?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    But Chagen, Christmas songs aren't everything!
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I like Christmas carols. Just not the ones played in department stores ad infinitum.

Dammit, I just remembered the local Border's played Trans-siberian Orchestra during Christmas time.

Aw man, I miss them... ;_;
  • I LOVE CHRISTMAS SONGS~! OF ALL SORTS~. ALL. YEAR. ROUND.

*total December-baby*
    I'll admit I just get freaked out by some Christmas songs.

• Also, a note to all the guys who produce anti-christmas songs:

You are not edgy or cool.

You simply sound like you're butthurt that your parents didn't get you everything you wanted.
    I'm pretty sure Weird Al doesn't hate Christmas, Chagen. He's just making comedy.
  • Aww, but those are so funny~!

To this day I cannot listen to this song without busting a gut at the poor guy putting up the lights. XD
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    This is my personal favorite.

• Well, I meant the abrasive "YAR FUCK CHRISTMAS MANG FUCK IT LIKE A BAWSSSSS ALL THE WAY DOWNTOOOOOOOOOOOOWWN" songs.
  • $80+ per session
    I've never heard a single song that sounds like that, anywhere, ever.
  • Just look at what Zabu posted above.
    The closest to that I can think of is NC's 'holiday clusterfuck' but even then it doesn't feel like 'HEY I HATE CHRISTMAS GAIZ!'
  • No rainbow star
    Chagen: I like Christmas songs

Just not when it echoes around in your head non stop during summer
  • Inside, too dark to read
    There are people who dress up in Victorian garb to go caroling. This alone makes Christmas carols awesome.
  • @Chagen: Don't diss The Pogues, man.

-is not Irish, so probably doesn't have much of a right to say that-
    1. I like Christmas songs
    2. Since 2007 I've had this weird habit of binging on them in September, getting tired of them by October, and then re-binging in late November
    3. Thanks to this thread, I'm tempted to go pull up my Christmas playlist and mess with it
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't see what's so wrong with a humorous abbrasive parody of a carol.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't really like the traditional Christmas music, but I do like stuff like Trans Siberian Orchestra and some parody songs.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Regarding retail work near christmas:

I used to work in a sweet shop, the only CD we were allowed to play was the 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' soundtrack.

So to have 'christmas' come round (At around about the end of September/midOctober ....) and mean a change in CDs was a breath of fresh air.

For the first day or so, then I hated that CD almost as passionately as the Willy Wonka one.
  • Sufjan Stevens makes some pretty awesome Christmas music.