If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who think stuff like this is funny.

edited 2011-09-10 23:34:46 in General
[tɕagɛn]
There's getting over a tragedy (something we should do), but being a tasteless sociopathic piece of shit is not how you do it.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'll admit that I chuckled, but then I felt bad.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    OP IS A 
  • edited 2011-09-11 00:39:21

If you think about it too much, that's pretty @#$% disrespectful.

Noticing the video poster's username, I'm guessing it's a one - trick - sockpuppet.

And that's all I have to say, about that.

• Man, that's just plane wrong.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    CARLOS

ELECTI
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    There is a video with it all slightly sped up and set to the Benny Hill song.

It most likely depends on humour/feelings regarding the attack.
    A lot of people like tasteless/sick jokes and so humour regarding 9/11 is no different to the humour regarding any other atrocity.

Although those doing it for a reaction will probably get more out of it due to how focussed America is seen to be on it. 
    -raises hand-
    Also videos/jokes like this occur due to the perception on America's focus on 9/11.

For example from someone who is on my facebook and posted a NYAN/11 image:

>Well I see then whole thing as a blazing example of the "non English speaking tragedy imbalance"

3000 people is a relatively small amount of people to die, when compared to other atrocities that happen around the world.

Yes it was a very bad thing, that is undeniable. 
  • Yeah, but everyone knows that Americans only care about white people
    ^
    No-one mentioned white people?
  • edited 2011-09-11 09:40:27
    [tɕagɛn]
    Some of the tragedies that were worse than 9/11 happened to non-white people. Any analyzation of American media will net you the knowledge that Americans only care about tragedies when they happen to white people. Hence, Americans only care about 9/11 because it happened to white people.
    So do you agree with that point then?
    (Can't tell if sarcasm etc.)

Hence, people only care about tragedies because it happened to people like them.
  • They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...
    A bunch of jokes similar to the OP's video got the Aflac duck fired, if you want to know what happened to it.
  • "So do you agree with that point then?
    (Can't tell if sarcasm etc.)"

Sort of.

It's more like that GL said.
  • edited 2011-09-11 10:06:26
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Methinks Gilbert Gottfried is known as more than "the Aflac Duck guy." Also, that's his comedic style; what were they to expect?
    Yes GL is pretty accurate.

However an important point to note that due to US media being very pervasive, what would be normally only seen in the country that had the disaster (tributes, TV shows, lots of coverage) is being seen around the globe.