If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Some prick locked all three stalls in the mens washroom

edited 2011-09-15 15:30:09 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
I think I put my arm in some urine when crawling under the doors to unlock them

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Don't you have urinals?

Or did you want to get involved in big business?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Needed to take a dump
  • I think I occasionally encountered moments like this in high school. The bathrooms never had that many stalls though. 

Oh wait, no, I remember! Someone had a habit of doing this in the men's room on my dorm floor freshman year. There was only that one stall. Considering that I had enough trouble dealing with it and I'm 5' 4" and skinny, I wonder why someone almost certainly bigger than me would go through all that trouble...

Then again this was the same bathroom where, despite being in pristine and newly renovated condition at first, by the end of the year the door was partly off one hinge and the auto-closer was broken, the shelf built into one of the sink mirrors had fallen off, and someone had punched a hole in the wall above the urinal. Yeah...
    Your dorm is...rowdy.
  • So, could we say that this guy...

*sunglasses*

pissed you off?

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
  • ^^^That's...was. Freshman year. I'm a junior now. That place is ancient history to me. Yes it was rowdy, but freshman floors often are. Then after that you self-select and find a quieter place if you can. And I did. It was a replica of a castle, it was the exact opposite of rowdy, and it was awesome. Now I also live on a very quiet floor, in a much newer dorm.
  • edited 2011-09-17 11:25:45
    Belief
    Technically, he handled the situation well, considering the circumstances.

Ica, you don't happen to be...

-sunglasses-

A wiz-kid, Ehhh?
    I read that as "exact replica of a castle" and I was like whoa.
  • edited 2011-09-18 20:24:55
    I know this thread doesn't have much life left in it, but I just have to respond to that.

The tour guides lie and say that it's an exact replica of a certain castle, although the myth is so vague than there seems to be no consensus on where said castle was. The story is that the building's builder, John Hall Smith, wanted to import a specific castle from Ireland or Scotland or something for his new university (the one that came before mine) but was denied permission, and was also denied access to plans for it, so he painstakingly sketched the whole exterior, recreated it back in Massachusetts, and then filled it in. And since of course it's completely illogical to build such a building from the outside in, that's why the castle makes no sense today!

Bull. Shit. Smith drew influences from many castles, and never had his eye on any particular one. He not only didn't build his from the outside in, he didn't even build the whole thing at once. He built it in sections, adding more and more as needed from about 1928 to about 1940. But the other story is quicker, funnier, and more attention-getting in the quick drive-by atmosphere of a campus tour. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's a massive deflection of responsibility from the university. We're the ones who made the castle confusing by gradually reconfiguring it to suit our changing needs. Smith built something quite logical.

Here's the castle plan as it was originally:

Here's a glimpse of part of the castle recently. The arrow points to where I lived last year. The big squat round tower more to the right was the first one built, then the box-shaped one, then the tall round one, and so on:
  • edited 2011-09-18 20:41:24
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You live in the histology lab.

Also, this is an exact replica of Dracula's castle.  Or part of it.  Seems like this was the science, alchemy, and necromancy wing.  However, Dracula's castle changes form all the time so it doesn't matter.
  • I lived in the histology lab turned infirmary in the early Brandeis days turned still more dorm rooms.

When Brandeis first got a hold of the castle, the only part initially converted to student rooms was the tall round tower. The old anatomy lab became a cafeteria, though the front wall reading room became a favorite breakfast hangout of the football team. (Then we got rid of the football team...)
    > anatomy lab became a cafeteria

LOL

In other news, I wonder if they served whole pan-fried fish there.  Fish anatomy lessons topped with soy sauce, ginger, and scallions.