If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fetishes got locked? WTF? (Now NSFW)

Comments

• I have a feeling it was the constant talk of the more off-kilter fetishes.
  • You can change. You can.
    I know he was, but I honestly think that the thread is too ciclical in its regular for someone to really complain about that and expect for it to hold much water.
  • Meh. The fetishes of Fetishes is really tame, so long as you don't mind the naked body.
  • edited 2011-09-18 21:13:24
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Okay, then at the very least it's possible that the most recent cycle of regulars drove him away.

^^^ Well, that might be it, too, for some--my list of fetishes is pretty small, as an example.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It was mostly the people. I stuck around to talk to Landy and when she asked for AIM info there went that incentive.
    Meh. The fetishes of Fetishes is really tame, so long as you don't mind the naked body.

there is  some furry talk. Or there used to be, anyway. Also, lol macrophillia and all that.
  • a little muffled
    @snowbull:
    Didn't fetishes derail in the second post?
    Nah, I think it was post 11 or something. First page, anyway.
  • edited 2011-09-18 21:26:32
    Has friends besides tanks now
    -looks at the last few pages of the Fetishes thread-

I see some of the people gained are very . . . confrontational. Or one would assume so from all the thumps.
  • They're somethin' else.
    RAPE. RAPE EVERYWHERE.
  • For me the 222,602 posts in one thread was a turnoff, so I never got into it.  ^^;

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So you're turned on by young threads with few posts?

Calling the Paedofinder General...
  • ^rotfl.

Well, I do tend to prefer threads that I can read in their entirety in a reasonable amount of time.

• Wouldn't they go to that forum Anonus made?
    Not if I can help it.

/mod-hat-on-the-wrong-forum
  • Exactly why talk about  pedophilia is worse than talk about guro is beyond this one's understanding. And it's not like anyone was advocating either in real life.

And if, when Fetishes thread returns, it would be only allowed to talk about innocent quirks accepted in polite company there, then frankly, this one does not see any point in that thread.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    And if, when Fetishes thread returns, it would be only allowed to talk about innocent quirks accepted in polite company there, then frankly, this one does not see any point in that thread.

Oi. Don't do that.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Apply the worst spin to it you can while remaining connected to the topic.

I'm sure there's loads of fetishes people can talk about that aren't accepted in polite company, yet are not viewed in such a light as paedophilia and the like.
  • There are plenty of fetishes you can't talk about in polite company and still aren't as a bad as being peado. 
  • Inside, too dark to read
    @Beholderess: Eddie is probably spooked by Something Awful's pedophilia accusations. Don't expect a general principle that extends beyond killing that topic.
  • Not that this one particularly cares. But if this thread ever returns, there should be exact and explicit rules about what can be talked about and what can't.

Exact content of the rules matters little for this one, all that matters for her is clarity.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Well, I came up with an idea on Tech Wishlist (having thread-specific rules when reading said thread), but only a few people really read it, it seems.

Eddie did read it, though.
    link
  • Here.

Tech Wishlist doesn't seem to get much attention from the admins lately, strangely.

And yeah, Vanilla doesn't allow NSFW stuff. Sorry.
  • Yeah, what bothers me about the Fetishes lock as that he locked it after everyone had already heeded Blackcat's warning. There was no reason to lock it because the pedophilia derail was over.

If he locked it over one poster jokingly making a sassy remark then that's just arrogant.
  • edited 2011-09-19 20:20:31
    Poot dispenser here
    Yeah, but who's gonna argue with Eddie?

Not defending Eddie, but it seems that he's pretty entrenched in his...vindictiveness.

Maybe if we got enough people to complain...worked before...sort of.
  • He'd delete the thread out of spite, probably...

But as long as it's temporary. It's not like I posted much anyway.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/818/okwiththis.png

This, and:

:D

I never thought I would see the day that fetishes would suffer such a fate. I feel like I have witnessed something epic.

That said, it isn't REALLY dead, as it is elsewhere. Fetishes has horcruxes.

I honestly dislike the gravedancing. I don't like the thread as much as many of the people here, but I feel that it's stupid to celebrate the locking of something that other people enjoyed just because you didn't enjoy it yourself.
  • If it helps I'm not very enthusiastic about the thread's absence.