If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My Little Pony: Friendship Just Bugs Me

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Something about Rarity, I think.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:19:01
    No rainbow star
    ...I still want to strangle Pinkie Pie. Holy shit. The fandom makes her sound awesome. The show makes her sound like an intolerable high pitched annoying twat who says random things and is clueless! I act like that sometimes, sure, but somehow they took that and made it obnoxious >.< (Maybe it's the being a defining trait instead of occasionally - I know I can be irritating as well sometimes if I don't time my behaviour right)

It's like... Some sort of chaotic character as a little girl plus hyped up on sugar 24/7! The chaotic character by herself? Great. Little girls? Cute. Sugar? Awesome! All three? Where the FUCK is the nearest machine gun!?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I am going to end you.

Pinkie Pie is best pony.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:23:14
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Pinkie's...kind of a hit or miss. She's either a part of a really great gag or annoying. Personally, I think the fandom handles her better than canon.

@The Pony Wright thing: Holy effing crap that is the best thing I've seen all week. Forzare, you are a Living Saint for bringing it to my attention.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:22:41
    No rainbow star
    ^^ She is an annoying little twat is what she is

>.< Her voice is the worst part
  • Element of Laughter
    Aww, sounds like somepony just doesn't wanna admit he loves me!!!! ^_^
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:25:15
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Pinkie Pie! Quick! He needs 50cc of PARTY, stat!

^^ no

^^^ You're welcome. That is the greatest thing and I had to share.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:30:02
    No rainbow star
    ^^ *stabs repeatedly with a rusty fork and ships to a glue factory*

Edit: God dammit I'm reading everything in her voice now >.<
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:32:18
    Pony Sleuth
    She bugged me too at first, but it was just another one of those things about the show that grew on me.

I still haven't managed to get used to the sappy bits, though. It does help a little to see Spike snarking about them.

@Pony Wright: It isn't bad so far, but the large number of typos and something about the voices is making me enjoy it less.
  • She is easily my favourite.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:32:46
    No rainbow star
    ^^ The sappy bit also irked me a bit

Was funny seeing the gryphon get hit by those pranks at that party though
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:35:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The sappy bits don't bug me all that much because... well, as awesome as it is, it's still a cartoon whose primary demographic is little girls.

And yeah, I didn't like Pinkie Pie all that much at first. But she really did grow on me quite a bit, because she is best pony.

Also, Giggle at the Ghosties and all of Party of One.

^ Oh, it was that episode? Meh
  • No rainbow star
    ^ So you're saying I should watch a different episode before judging the whole show?
  • Jegus, who wrote these conksuck subtitles anyway

imigrants??..
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:43:23
    I don't want to be that guy who keeps moving the goalposts, but you only saw the second half of the episode, and I wouldn't call that one of the better ones anyway.

^ Stephen Magnet says hi.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Well I'll give it another chance

...I still want to kill Pinkie Pie though. Maybe it's just that episode she is irritating in, but I doubt it
  • Naw, that episode might not have featured Pinkie in top form, but it's more or less what you could generally expect from her.
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:50:41
    So whats the best episode to show to a prospective brony to get them into the show?

Sonic Rainboom is a good one episode, I think. Or A Dog and Pony show. Or even Lesson Zero. None of those are particularly Pinkie-heavy, and they're good solid episodes.

What do you guys think?
  • edited 2011-10-26 21:54:53
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^I can't think of anything besides the one's you mentioned, maybe a Spike centered episode.

In general, the more an episode deviates from "typical girl's cartoon" stuff the better it would be for a brony.
    Dog and Pony Show has a lot of Spike, I think.

Lesson Zero is good because it's pretty batshit insane, and not really what you'd think of when you hear My Little Pony.

And Sonic Rainboom is just an awesome episode.

Hmmm... Ica, when you were watching, did you particularly like any of the main ponies?
  • MLP has some seriously disturbing moments for a childrens' cartoon. When "Party of One" finally aired where I live, my cousins' eyes kept bulging throughout the episode. XD
    Party of One is tied for my favorite episode, but it's about Best Pony Pinkie Pie, so I wasn't going to recommend it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ Not really. Didn't get enough of a feel of the others

I remember one of them seemed to have a more deadpan voice though that amused me
  • You remember what color it was?
  • No rainbow star
    I think she had a darker colour. Not sure though
    That was probably Twilight.

Lesson Zero is a good one that features her prominently.
  • No rainbow star
    Then I'll look it up and watch it
  • edited 2011-10-27 00:35:43
    No rainbow star
    Ok, I watched Lesson Zero

Still maintaining the same opinion:

Amusing show, would watch with my sister, but otherwise meh
    Eh, it's not for everyone.
  • http://www.youtube.com/user/GabuEx#p/a/u/0/-y_iHsLA55U

I like the Phoenix Wright crossover as a game better.