If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pumped Up Kicks

edited 2011-11-03 03:19:25 in General
They're somethin' else.
STOP FUCKING PLAYING THAT SONG IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING SHIT MAN

Comments

• edited 2011-11-03 07:35:06
    "mumble mumble mumble cigarette. mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble -- ALL THE OTHER KIDS..."
  • edited 2011-11-03 07:25:19
    ^Heh. Accurate.

If there's one thing I've learned from WFNX, it's that just because a station is "alternative" and not Top 40 or whatever, and just because in theory they have a huge catalogue to draw from, doesn't mean they will. They play the same group of songs every day, yes, but sometimes it seems more like every hour or two hours.

Part of what's happening is that they're trying to hype up a certain show happening soon by playing the big current songs by the bands involved.

Speaking of Foster the People, on WFNX you hear Helena Beat as much as the topic of this thread. By now I've gotten to like it, but I know I'll probably get tired of it...

And then again, WAAF, the station that basically gave the world Godsmack back in the 90's, plays Pumped Up Kicks regularly too. So yeah...
  • edited 2011-11-03 09:08:27
    They're somethin' else.
    Also: Every Day I'm Shufflin'

WORST! (chokeslam)

RINGTONE!
    (stomps thrice, winds up)

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Axe Shoryuken)
  • She gets the pills from her skills, and she gets her skills from the pills.
    I hear that song was about a school shooting.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, DAMN IT.
  • Poot dispenser here
    I like cs188's take on it:

"All the other kids with the f*****-up d****..."
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I feel kind of glad I have no idea what song you guys are on about.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    This is why I'm glad I don't listen to radio anymore...
  • I like that song.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I do too, but any song can be made annoying as shit by radio overplay.
  • @RocketDude: I have no idea who cs188 is, but my strange mind thought indeed that it would be funny to change the words to "fucked up shit", which isn't even supposed to mean anything...

Also, to be pedantic, people have noticed more similarities to a certain shooting at a mall than any real school shooting. But the band denies this, and also that shooter IRL didn't wind up shooting a bunch of "other kids". So whatever...

And yes, overplaying can ruin anything. Here I thought I could avoid Muse overexposure by not listening to my own copy of The Resistance too often...and then I come to realize that WFNX regularly plays "Uprising" and a slightly shortened version of "Resistance". So now I jump off to a different frequency when those come on. That's great stuff, and playing it every day can totally ruin it.

Speaking of overplayed by WFNX, I've gone from never having heard of Young the Giant to basically having memorized "Cough Syrup". It's starting to get a bit old...
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    I do too, but any song can be made annoying as shit by radio overplay.

Even Led Zeppelin? ;_;
    especially Led Zeppelin.

Shit, just look at all of the backlash against "Stairway To Heaven" if you want proof...
  • They're somethin' else.
    U TALKIN SHIT BOUT ZEPPELIN BRAOH?!
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    >Led Zep
    >Listening to just Stairway to Heaven

Good point - Radio stations only play what's popular, because privately funded media does that.