If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why would Santa go down the chimney?

edited 2011-12-04 15:27:29 in General
No rainbow star
It doesn't make much sense. Isn't there a risk of being set on fire?

Why not just try the door? =/

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Doors are usually locked.

Plus Santa's a showy asshole.
  • Also, he has to be stealthy. What if the door was equipped with chimes or a digital alarm or something?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Alright then. So he risks fire to avoid that

Except a lot of homes don't have chimneys he can go down

So how!?

...Now I want to do the Twelve Days of Logic where I look at twelve impossibilities of Santa, one for each day

Y/N?
  • No rainbow star
    But why not make him just magic open doors? :<

Also he's fat. How does he fit down a chimney? :<
  • How the hell does his sleigh fucking fly?

Answer: Magic.
  • No rainbow star
    I just want to point out 12 impossible things... :<
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I grew up in a house without a chimney, so I concluded that Santa came through the bathroom vents.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...That seems kind of creepy
  • It made more sense in the days when every house needed a (working) chimney, and plenty of them were big enough for people to climb up - think of the chimney sweeps.

Also, a lot of the modern idea of Santa is basically the 19th/early 20th century American idea, and apparently he comes down the chimney in the poem "The Night Before Christmas". That was the image that got sold by Hollywood, Coca Cola and so on.

• No rainbow star
    Ok, I guess it makes sense then

Still calling him out on the reindeer though
  • edited 2011-12-05 09:50:57
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    They're magical quantum reindeer.

They aren't just able to do anything, they're more than able to do anything.  I mean, they're magical and quantum.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I personally think he just keeps them as pets now and switched to a rocket powered sleigh a while back

Not only would it be faster, it would be awesome as well
    Nononono, you don't understand.

Santa himself is a magical quantum creature as well.

He can in fact be in different places at the same time, as long as you're not looking.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Which explains the chimney! He doesn't actually use it! It's just a clever ruse!
    He teleports himself down the chimney.
  • edited 2011-12-05 13:41:36
    Damn "quantum" misusers. Yes, I know there's no such thing as a part living reindeer. Tell me something I don't know.
  • Because he's Solid Snake
    @Abyss_Worm: It's being used in the same sentence as "magical".  Guess how much seriousness I attached to it.