If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Princess of Mars" renamed 'John Carter of Mars' then simply 'John Carter'

edited 2011-12-07 16:42:25 in General
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
The logic is that no boy is going to see a movie with the word 'princess' in it and no girl would go see a space opera action film in the first place which still doesn't explain why they dropped 'of Mars' from the title.

2011 folks!

Comments

• probably human
    This makes me sad. It's as dumb as hiding the fact that female authors are female so as to not scare off male audiences. T_T
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The crazy thing is that there are valid reasons to rename it John Carter of Mars, such as the fact that John Carter is the protagonist.

However going 'boys won't watch movies with princesses in them (despite popularity of films like The Princess Bride among boys) and girls won't watch adventure movies (despite the popularity of pretty much any decent Adventure movie among girls)" betrays an insane sexism.

Hell, girls will probably see it to see in attractive guy wear a non-shirt and tight leather the entire time.
  • With the cross-demographic popularity of Harry Potter, they could have named it "John Carter and the Princess of Mars".

• >Doesn't know much at all about this film so excuse me if I'm wrong.

I'm guessing this is the Disney adaptation? And if so, I'm guessing it's being made for kids. And if so, I think it's fair to say that little boys WONT want to see a film called "Princess of X". 
    Xena: Warrior Princess begs to differ.
  • You can change. You can.
    >Implying that kids don't like pulp fiction-y princesses.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Eh, when I was a little boy, there was no way I'd have been caught dead watching a movie called The Princess Bride or a show called Xena: Warrior Princess.

It's stupid to us now, but little boy logic doesn't always make sense.
    I loved the shit out of Xena as a kid.

It is now my headcanon that forz is the kid getting the book read to him in The Princess Bride.

Also this movie will be PG-13.