If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Relationships take work"

edited 2012-02-08 20:57:07 in General

I'm not sure "work" is the right word here so much as "cultivation" is. That is, you and your partner cultivate your relationship and mutual attraction, by paying attention to one another, treating each other well, taking them into account when making decisions, etc; in general, giving the relationship a reason to exist.

But such actions needn't be seen as labor, right?

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

Yeah, last I checked, you don't just push your partner across the floor. /lolphysicsjoke

• You do push your partner back and forth, though. ;)

• You can change. You can.

poni

you're not allowed to make sex jokes. >:|

• ^^^ well not with that attitude ;D

• @Juan_Carlos Not my fault certain things come to mind when I think of you...

• You're listing rather easy aspects. Compromising on bad habits, putting up with certain aspects of your partner, making up after bad episodes...those things require effort and discipline for most people.

• Yeah, last I checked, you don't just push your partner across the floor. /lolphysicsjoke

Some people are into that sort of thing :P

@Juan_Carlos Not my fault certain things come to mind when I think of you...

>_>

<_<

You know our love is forbidden, Poni. Butter would kill us. 

•  

One in the mano and one on the tableau.

now i can't help but see the art in that card as sexual

thanks, gelzo :|

• But such actions needn't be seen as labor, right?

Many people with a naive outlook on relationships need the emphasis. "Relationships take work" is an important phrase to have because it reminds them that it's not going to be all fun and sex all the time, because that aspect is balanced with having to, for instance, have conversations that are difficult and intense in order to repair misunderstandings.

Yeah, last I checked, you don't just push your partner across the floor.

Second panel. (Safe for work.)