If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ending a sentence with a preposition

2»

Comments

• I once asked my English teacher in 10th grade "is it true that a preposition is something you shouldn't end a sentence with?"

She said "yes," but didn't notice.

• This really pisses me off.

• ^^ Either that, or she just didn't want to rise to the bait. It is a well-known joke, after all.

"Irregardless" is a word I never heard mention of until I started on the internet, and even then only in complaints about how people shouldn't use it. I can only assume it's something some Americans say - I've never heard a British person use it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

One of my friends uses it, probably to troll me. 

What people are after is "irrespective". 

• French in Elementary wasn't nearly as complex as that Is it because that Canadian French is very different from French French?

I learned Canadian French (Being from Canada and all). They are 99.9% the same. Same grammar, same syntax, etc... The only differences are some words we use the French don't, and vice versa, as well as our accent and prononciation. We also tend to speak faster than the French (Something we share with Belgium and leads some French to confuse our accent with their's somehow). It's another reason reason having a central authority for a language sucks: they can't come with local dialects. It's why we got out own in Quebec.

And we have better swears.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm surprised this joke hasn't been cited yet:

Texan: Where ya from?

Harvard professor: I'm from a place in which we do not end our sentences with prepositions.

Texan: Okay, where ya from, asshole?

• They're somethin' else.

The variant I'm familiar with is

Where's the bathroom at?

Where I come from, we don't end our sentences with prepositions?

Yeah, okay, where's the bathroom at, asshole?

• edited 2012-02-11 22:15:27

"Where I come from" brings something entirely different to my mind.