If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This site is blocked at my school.

edited 2011-03-20 20:27:30 in General
[tɕagɛn]
Now what am I going to do before school every day?

God dammit. TvTropes isn't blocked (for some reason), so I went on there every day before school to pass the time (I get to my school about an hour-and-a-quarter before the classes actually start. But now I obviously can't go on there, and this place is blocked. And I don't know of any work-arounds at all. 

And my friend will be having fun on TvTropes while I just sit in boredom. Oh well, I can talk to him at least.

Comments

• Schools always aggressively block proxies. My school is draconian to the limit, so there's no chance I'd find one that works. Unless you know some hidden one that is way underground.
  • ...shouldn't you be doing schoolwork instead of posting on forums?
  • There's no schoolwork to do before class starts. Especially if I complete any homework the day before.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Is it vanillaforums as a whole, or specifically IJBM?
  • Use the WiFi of the nightclub next door. Or just go into your principal's office and beg her on hands and knees to let you go on IJBM.
  • Then you ought to learn how to just sit quietly for 5 minutes, or chat with people if you can't do that. This is what kids did before the Internet age, after all.
  • edited 2011-03-20 20:36:53
    [tɕagɛn]
    CA: I kinda made the principal look really bad for busting her when she disobeyed the rulings of her superiors. That's not gonna happen.

INUH: I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure it's all of Vanillaforums.

I wonder if the https trick will work though.

Abyss: I get to school over an hour before class starts. The library (where the computers are) opens an hour before school starts. 
  • https://ninjacloak.com always worked for me, signing into stuff can sometimes not work though. 
    Chagen, didn't you say you have an iPhone? Does it have a decent connection from your school?
  • edited 2011-03-20 20:50:18
    Then get some books or play some computer games. You'll be better off with the former.
  • Yeah, but they require you to log in to their network to use the internet on personal devices such as computers/phones/Ipods/etc. And they enforce the blocks after you've logged in. Like I said, draconian to the max.
    How would they know that you aren't logged into their network?

That said, given that the principal is likely actively seeking an excuse to expel you, I wouldn't risk it.
  • ...are you at school now?
  • I was joking, Chagen.
  • Could you tell us anything about the filter itself, like its name or what the blocked page looks like?
  • Rin: No, today is the last day of spring break.

Ink: The filter is custom made for the school district. It's not a generic one.
  • No rainbow star
    Easy solution: Proxy a proxy! :D

• I recommend books.  Anything your english teachers hate with a fiery passion is likely a good start.