If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    congratulations, malk

you're one year closer to death

Happy birthday.
  • I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

Well aren't you a happy person.

• I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

In news of my life, I'm reading House of Leaves as sumer vacation is winding down.

Doing SAT prep, I'm on track to land at least 90th percentile.

Summer vacation has been good, apart from meeting up with Bunny it's been uneventful.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Shitting Christ, Boston driving sucks. Thank God I'm not the one driving. Lunch with my stepbro was pretty cool, though.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Woke up at 1.

Today is off to a good start.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >driving in a city
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Exactly. My stepbro doesn't, and he's the one living here.

if you see my stepbro second semester, can you tell him i said hi
    So, last night I had to listen to my dad rant for 15 minutes about how Barack Obama is obviously an undercover CIA agent trying to destroy freedom or whatever.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Why would the CIA infiltrate its own country?

Because they're EEEEVIL.
  • Barack Obama went to Mars for the CIA, though.

• Malky birthday!

Shitting Christ, Boston driving sucks.

Man, the only time I drove in Boston, another car zoomed by and broke off our side-view mirror...while we were stopped at a red light.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Actually, no, Barack Obama went to Jupiter for the CIA.

Mitt Romney did better than that.   Mitt Romney went to Saturn.  And not just that.  He's from Saturn.  He was recruited by the NSA because of that special background.

• My parents say "We're not even considering getting you a car until you graduate from college."

After I graduate from college, I'm going to presumably be in the heart of Boston, getting my Master's.

I'm not sure if I even want a car right after college!

• Happy birthday, Milky!

• You can change. You can.

Happy birthday Malk. May you have many more and may you die by my sword.

Oh, hey, I missed that it's Malk's birthday. Happy birthday Malk!

>discover there's official apps so that I can read Higurashi on my iPhone/iPad

>get really really excited

>realize that they've only released up to Meakashi-hen

>get really sad

>start buying them anyway

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I'm trying to create a campaign setting for a D&D campaign (with some... simplified mechanics, for ease of play).

You'd be surprised at how fast the entire thing falls apart if you don't have a map of the continent it takes place on :(

I know a site that generates random world maps. I'm not at home though so I don't have the link.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Aw, too bad, that woulda helped :(

Also, is there anyone here who's more familiar with D&D's mechanics than me that would take some time out to try and talk mechanics with me, to help try and simplify/streamline them? I don't need them to be overly balanced, as it's not an official campaign setting or anything, just a campaign setting I'd use if I ever ran a campaign.

I would if I wasn't on my phone.

That's why I asked in general instead.

• Definitely not gay.

Hey guys, is there a term for a character that a large portion of the fanbase is fixated on for whatever reason?

Base Breaker is the closest I can think of, but it still isn't perfect. The fanbase doesn't have to be divided about this character.

• Er... a popular character?

I don't see why there needs to be a different term than that...

[charactername]ism?

Like, "Feitoism".

...no, I didn't make up that term.  Stop staring at me.

• Definitely not gay.

DYRE:

Yes, something like that. But more specific.

Usually, the reason for this character's popularity is his/her sheer character complexity. 

Magus of Chrono Trigger fame is an example of what I'm talking about.

• "Hey guys, is there a term for a character that a large portion of the fanbase is fixated on for whatever reason?"

Breakout character?

Isn't that one that gets their own series?

• No, just one that's considerably more popular than the rest of the cast.