If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-08-12 23:02:04
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yep.

Apparently different colors have different tastes. The one I tried was dark red.

• You certainly can eat roses. After all, people do make rose wine, rose water, rose icings...
  • No rainbow star

...And how did an edible flower get to become a symbol of affection and love?

• You can change. You can.

It's not really known as edible so there's that?

Plus it's pretty and the testicles of another species. So I'd say it's the perfect symbol for love.

• edited 2012-08-12 23:43:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's a flower that you can eat. I mean, symbolism-wise, that's pretty appropriate, I'd say.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    ^^ I am now acutely aware, that somewhere in this world of seven billion people, at least one man has had a rose tattooed on his testicles for approximately that reason.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Sorry I wasn't around, Nova. I was at a sleepover, and I just reawakened about twenty minutes ago.

That's cool.

• I depressed myself with random thoughts. A lot of people open accounts for stuff right? Sometimes, they talk, make friends, play games together. Then in real life, they go about their day when they are killed in accidents, or mass shootings or go missing somewhere. That's when you realize there are a lot of accounts where people you wait for will never come back...because they are dead.

Damn.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It sucks realizing your best friend for years is a borderline islamophobe.

• edited 2012-08-13 06:58:47
    You can change. You can.

Most of my friends are bigots in some way or another ._.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Welp, stuck in jury duty. Gonna see if they can let me go on Wednesday at the least.

sucks buddy

do try to call the accused an heretic for me, though.

• It's "a heretic", Juan.

But yeah feel free to shout "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

yeah well your face kraken

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey Alex! Quick question.

How impossible would it be to dual-wield a lightsaber and a double-bladed lightsaber?

Well a Jedi could use TK to wield one saber, but that would probably be a pointless drain on focus and concentration liable to get them killed more often than not. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Pretty impossible, at least in terms of effectiveness. Double-ended pole weapons (which double-bladed lightsabers are) are designed for two-handed usage. You could use them in other ways, but they'd be inefficient and silly. Even the standard lightsaber is pretty much a European longsword with lazors pew pew, which was predominantly two-handed, and trying to dual-wield longswords is only really good for a laugh. 

The most practical lightsaber stuff is one standard lightsaber or one double-bladed lightsaber, which correspond to longsword and staff respectively. Keep in mind that the purpose of an off-hand weapon is mostly defensive in nature, used for countering, trapping and attacks of opportunity rather than contributing to your attack rate. It's up to an individual combatant to decide whether they value the speed, control and power of a single two-handed weapon or the added benefits of an off-hand weapon (including shields). 

There's only one way I can see dual-wielding working with lightsabers, and that's if one of the weapons isn't a lightsaber. A blaster, perhaps, or some kind of short close combat weapon. But a lightsaber is so dangerous and precise that I expect no-one would actually dual-wield them, for their own safety and the safety of those they fight alongside. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> an heretic

an erratic heretic?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ But the Jedi have the force, which keeps them coordinated and not accidentally hitting themselves in the face. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The Force is a guide, not an AI-dependent mechanical harness.

Forzare - when people aren't being completely ridiculous, the force is more an intuition and occasional telekinesis, not an adaptive flight plan. It can warn them of danger, but without training and practicality to supplement it, that intuition can only take you so far.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

. . . Shit, I've spent a disturbing portion of the day drafting M:tG online, going between the Alpha set (which is hilarious) and a couple times for M13.

• Introductory week, day 2: off-day, so gonna hit the crew cabin for free booze, then move on to the frat's grass boat that's floating around in the gracht(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracht), since the temperature's pretty warm.

First day of Jury duty done; got to do jack shit.

• Has friends besides tanks now

>drafting again
    >four Gilded Lotuses in the same pool
    >lol'ing all day 

^ Ouch. Is the case at least remotely interesting?

^I didn't even get called to a case, I just sat in the assembly room for 6 hours.

At least they had food and free wi-fi.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Most of my friends are bigots in some way or another ._.

True for me as well, but my gripe was that I met him back in the last year of elementary school and just now I realized.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I am temporarily on-line. Can anyone tell me if there's been any drama going on, this or previous month, on sites of interest (here, BTL, SA, etc.)?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Don't know about BTL or SA.

Can't think of much here, except that CP got banned when we found sufficient evidence that he was GLORIOUSLeader.

• I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

Everyone died in a massive inter-site showdown with laser cannons & shit.