If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Nostalgia and things not holding up

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Errr how so?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Of course, I had the misfortune to grow up in the nineties.

Misfortune? NONSENSE! The nineties was a golden age for cartoons!

Animaniacs! Pinky and the Brain! Looney Toons! The Simpsons! said Batman!

On the other hand, ther was Dragon Ball Z! Saint Seiya! Ranma !/2!

• You can change. You can.

Ya forgot Freakazoid.

• I remember fondly the old Disney shows, such as Ducktales and Darkwing Duck.

Darkingwing Duck is my favorite cartoon, period. One of the first episodes I watched is Bushroot's origin. Even as a child, I was shocked at how dark it was. A funny animal cartoon by Disney features on-screen murder of two characters? By a sympathetic villain, no less.

The Bushroot eps made excellent Nightmare Fuel for me. Remember the one with the hat-like aliens? I thought he was dead for real.

• edited 2012-08-21 13:34:34

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Vandro: I meant in relation to Spider-man and comics.

I didn't watch Freakazoid in any details until years later since I wasn't allowed to watch it. I'm mystified as to why. It's not even violent.

• My arms are falling off!

> Play Darius Twin as a child
    > this game is the shit
    > Play Darius Twin about a decade later after having played other games in the series, i.e. G Darius and Darius Gaiden
    > Meh...