If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I avoid using the bathrooms in the......... hallways with dorm rooms, I guess... on weekends and Thursday nights for just that reason.  I instead use the bathroom that is presumably meant for guests or something that's near the front of my dorm building.  It's not near the rooms, so you don't have nearly as many drunk people making a mess of it.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I think the worst part is that the floor's gonna get charged for it if no one admits that they did it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

lol, externalities

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Man, for all my roommate problems, at least I only have to share a bathroom with 2 other people.

• No rainbow star
    Well

I accidentally swallowed sone foil (thought I got it all off the chocolate)

My digestive tract is not going to like me for the next while...
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I just want to say that Wreck-It Ralph is really great, and people should check it out if you haven't already.

It took me way too long to finally see it.

• >make jokes about Protocols of the Elders of Zion for years

>find out that you may be on a low-tier Mossad watchlist for unrelated stuff

Holy hell, I love my life.

• edited 2013-02-18 05:07:39

Nine-o-Clock?

ClockWorkNiNUHverest? (All Nines is Everst, right?)

@InsanityAddict How do you find out about Mossad watchlists?

• Part of the member council of local pirate party, tech-savvy peeps found out scanners of some sort(this part was too technobabble for me) which they traced back to an Israel-affiliated company, they theorized it has to do with some of the Eastern European PP divisions containing antizionist-verging-over-into-antisemite members, and they probably do a fishnet approach just to see what they can catch. I'd be surprised if there's anyone who is involved in activism or at least young parties who is not on some security service's watchlist, so this is nothing to be overly concerned about. It's just that in this case they were able to backtrace it.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

And I was just going to dox him. :(

• Aaaand now he's back.

I didn't look earlier because of the dissected hamster pics, but was his avatar a Nosferatu-style vampire baby before? Also, he appears to have gotten rid of all the incriminating pictures of his sick little experiment (except for that one that Milos linked to in his Facebook feed, apparently).

• edited 2013-02-19 01:33:45
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, I'm struggling to write a 1000-word paper (plus or minus 10 words) on The Aeneid. I was doing so well this week, too.

(I have to take one image/metaphor/theme that's "small enough" to write about. I'm going to feel like a prick if I have nothing to workshop, but I literally have nothing to go on. I'm really bad with matching symbols to supposed metaphors, and when we were reading this, I was too depressed to actually, like, do the reading a lot of the time, so I don't have as many notes as I should. I'd like to write about snakes or the people who are given names, but I feel like those are too small to write about, and I feel, as common as it is, that using flames is also a bit of a stretch, And given the small caveat, fate/free will is right out of the question)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I have to take one image/metaphor/theme that's "small enough" to write about.

Do the bit about Rumor (or Gossip, or however your version translated it). It's very straightforward, but self-contained and interesting.

Dunno if you can get it to length, but I always liked that bit.

• edited 2013-02-19 01:41:40
    Has friends besides tanks now

Ooh, that seems really good. It's just that for some reason three pages seems intimidating right now. If I write about that (if I write the first draft at all), I thank you.

When I was reading, I (as with many others who read this) caught onto the specific recurring manifestation of divine will in the form of weather, but I didn't initially think to take this as metaphorical or any of that crap, which means it isn't my idea, which means I'd feel like a cheater if I wrote about that.

You see this, kids? This is why procrastination is bad. Don't take the man with the dinosaur in his avatar as a good influence, it won't end well.

• edited 2013-02-19 01:42:04
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

@Hookah_Hashish: It used to be Mengele.

• No rainbow star

So

Rescreatu released a new feature. Get a One of a Kind effect for your pet... For $100

On the one hand, holy shit balls that's pricey for a pet site

On the other, it's... Actually sensical. This is art that only one pet on the whole site will have. So they can't reuse this art. The artist will be out of commission during this time. So not only do they have to take into account the value of the artist's time (how much per hour), but the value of the time lost that the artist could be spending on other features for the site

• edited 2013-02-19 02:00:53

It used to be Mengele.

Oh right.

Basically, there's this student of molecular biology with Mengele as his profile pic...

And I can see that you said so already and I just completely forgot. Hurr.

• Hamster gore violates Facebook's ToS. Whodathunkit.

In other news, quarterly chiptune stuff has now relocated to Amsterdam, and this edition has Anamanaguchi. Ordering up early as usual.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Laser Marker still has that workplace part, so I'd guess it's pretty likely second attempt to pull it down will be as successful. Looks like a second chance to dox, heh heh. 

• No rainbow star
    Is MPGA a lossless format?
  • edited 2013-02-19 11:47:40

Probably not, since apparently the .MPGA extension generally means MPEG-1 Layer III, so it's the same as MP3, which is lossy.

• a little muffled

Anything starting with MP is probably lossy.

• Apparently staying up to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special with Rifftrax is a baaaad idea. I was too busy laughing to see the time.

Got an 8 on the exam.

I'm gonna buy a ticket for the Rammstein gig in April to reward myself.

• a little muffled

8/10 or?

Yep. With this professor, it's the highest grade you can get without additional research.

• edited 2013-02-19 23:39:25
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Turns out the math exam I thought I completely bombed I got an 80%, and with quizzes and homework I should have a solid B in that course.

Yay for acceptable scores!

• edited 2013-02-20 02:38:12
    No rainbow star

I think I upset my girlfriend

It's been getting hard to guess what won't turn her off, let alone what turns her on beyond very specific things. I told her this while we were RPing, and then she said sorry before saying she should get off for the night, logging off before I could even say goodnight =/