If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"I love you, yet I will complain about you and make passive-aggressive insults towards you!"

edited 2011-04-30 11:28:22 in General
[tɕagɛn]
Dad, constantly complaining about having to pay for your family and then insulting them all day long does not endear you to them.

why dont you get this after 16 years

WHY

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The first time somebody uses this thread as an excuse to make passive-aggressive insults at Chagen, I'm calling for a lock.
  • edited 2011-04-30 11:49:39
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I thought this thread would be about Tsundere. Hm...

[wmg]Chagen's dad is Tsundere for him.[/wmg]

That sounds kind of creepy...
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Kind of?
  • Oh dear. That makes a creepy ammount of sense Nayarly.
  • I've yet to hear anything that would indicate any kind of 'deredere' side out of this asshole.

• ^I doubt he would be complaining about that.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^^^^ That kind of threat only encourages some people

Anyways, your father seems dense at times, Chagen
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    [chagenmadeanotherdumbthread.jpg]
  • Hardly. I don't find this thread dumb at all and I'm starting to notice a trend of insulting Chagen every time he decides to make a topic.

Anyway the idea of a father being tsundere to his child is bizarrely hilarious.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Hardly. I don't find this thread dumb at all and I'm starting to notice a trend of insulting Chagen every time he decides to make a topic. 

Indeed.

Everyone, please stop that. Insult the topic, fine; do not insult the OP.
  • edited 2011-04-30 23:09:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Thirding what AXavierB said. I don't see what's wrong with the thread.
  • edited 2011-04-30 23:11:04
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm pretty sure Anonym was the only person in here insulting Chuggles and/or the thread itself, and it was still unwarranted.
    Anonym was.

But it's representative of a larger trend.
  • Maybe he only read the title and original poster.

I have to confess, I had the same reaction before reading the OP.
  • edited 2011-04-30 23:18:48
    It's representative at a certain level, but the fact that there was only one insult in a Chagen thread means it's been going considerably better than usual. As long as there's no dogpiling, this thread could be considered successful and purposeful.

^ If he did, then he's entirely in the wrong.
  • edited 2011-04-30 23:18:52
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yes. But there was no need to post anything about it, or reference his feelings within this thread at all. He should have just kept his mouth shut rather than bitch about another poster.

Indeed, Everest. But I'd really prefer to stop the Chagen insults full stop.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Um...okay, now that we've established that dogpiling and criticizing a thread over who made it are bad, now we should let it rerail.
  • edited 2011-04-30 23:22:49
    ^^ A noble goal. I agree. And the fact that no one has concurred with Anonym is good in its own way, because it means that people (or at least, the ones that normally cause trouble) either share our sentiment or are ignoring it for once. Baby steps. Let's hope it gets better from there.

^ Okay. In that case, I'm out, because I have nothing else to contribute to this thread, except that AXavierB's post reminded me of OreImo.
  • How so? I've never seen that anime.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    The problem is that Chagen complains about his father all the time. I mean, how many threads did he make by now? After a while, it gets hard to take him serious. That's something that bugs me about IJBM: It makes me indifferent to certain people's problems and get pretty annoyed by them.

Of course, that doesn't justify insults. The best thing one can do is just to ignore it.
  • You can emancipate from your parents at 16 I'm pretty sure, and if not it's just two more years then you can brake off all contact with them. 
  • Eh, but what if they're paying for you to go to college...

The truth is no matter how much our parents piss us off, we'll be bound to them until the day we die. :C
  • No rainbow star
    ^ However, we choose who takes care of them when they are older :D
  • edited 2011-05-01 07:43:02
    "How so? I've never seen that anime."

In one episode, the protagonist's father says: "Don't get me wrong. I didn't do this for you or anything", while making a grumpy face and while helping his son.
  • "The truth is no matter how much our parents piss us off, we'll be bound to them until the day we die."

That statement alone makes me want to refrain from having children.

Unless you meant in a way that isn't blood.
  • ^^Bahahaha. I should probably watch that.

^Jesus Christ Ed. <:C
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I highly recommend it. So long as you can tolerate characters who are mostly tsun and little dere.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "I'm pretty sure Anonym was the only person in here insulting Chuggles and/or the thread itself, and it was still unwarranted."

I've been putting up with the exact same thing as Chaggy has for the entirety of my life, and my mother was putting up with it before I was even around. How they are still together is completely beyond my wildest comprehension.

I'm basically dead to it now; probably the main reason why I'm such a sociopath. Some people would get upset like Chaggy in this sort of situation, but I completely went in the opposite direction, and now when people get angry - whether at me or with their lot in life - I just don't care. I think at one time, when I was much younger, I did care when my parents fought and my dad got his underwear in a bunch, to the extent that I was afraid that they would split.

Now I'm just like "what a loser", and think very little of them when they argue.

In this sense, I honestly respect Chagen, and even envy him a bit, because he is actually able to care. Me though, instead of compassion to the suffering... I just feel like those suffering are pathetic losers and it's their own fault. Not the greatest outlook on life.

In any case,  "I love you, yet I will complain about you and make passive-aggressive insults towards you!" characterizes him to a tee. In fact, it's his defining characteristic.

I apologize for insulting you Chagen, I was out of line I guess. To me... it doesn't seem like something to complain about. Perhaps I've forgotten that my situation isn't what it is supposed to be.