If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ignore scripts.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That. While the current rules are to keep the contents of your ignore list to yourself, it's quickly becoming obvious that that's not really possible.
  • edited 2011-05-04 13:33:42
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    @GMH What if I do this then? Problem solved.

@INUH see, it will work this way. It's not much harder than going ^ but at least it's more accurate than the arrow system which is generally extremely bad when getting ninja'd anyway.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Speaking of which, I may have to get a new name. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Huh?
  • You can change. You can.
    So he won't be ignored.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Actually, I got ninja'd by about a page. It was supposed to go under Forzare's post on the last page. 
  • is there a chrome version of the ignore script? 
  • The same script should work with Chrome.  Just save it as a .js file (after adding names to it) and then open in in Chrome and it should ask you if you want to install it or not.
  • Chagen,

I find it very, very rare to find that someone enrages me so much, I should ignore everything they say.

And it's very rude as well. People who ignore others have no honor.

I agree that ignoring people like that is rude. I am not sure about the honor part though since I have basically no idea what gives people honor.

I think that ignore scripts can also be annoying when they lead to people interrupting the flow of a conversation. I also feel like they can actually cause more drama than they prevent by setting up a situation in which people wonder who has ignored them or in which certain people go on talking about which users are on their ignore list.

I have tried out the ignore script on TV Tropes, but I felt like it was too mean to ignore certain users' posts so I stopped using it.

DYRE,

There are plenty of people who I have never seen make a single post that I think is worth reading.

That said, I don't use my ignore script, but if others do... so what?  They'd probably be ignoring the person anyway.

I can sort of see your point, but honestly I think that it is better to be safe than sorry here. Someone who makes posts that you normally do not like may make an incredibly good point or link to an interesting site or something. I think that is reason enough to never use an ignore script, but I might just have rather lofty expectations when it comes to patience.
  • edited 2011-05-07 22:00:05
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Someone who makes posts that you normally do not like may make an
    incredibly good point or link to an interesting site or something.

What if the people you ignore never make any worthwhile posts? Ever? Then you have lost absolutely nothing filtering their words from the posts you view. It doesn't negate their opinion or discount anything they say, since everyone else can still read it, it just hides all of the dumb shit that you would prefer not to read, and do not have to.
  • Because people are not static creatures who do only one thing.
  • Are you replying to Vorpy?
  • Yeah.
  • Okay, so, should you have to wait for the people you want to ignore to get smarter or what?
  • Most of the time, the ignored person is perfectly intelligent.

The ignorer just can't handle the fact that -gasp!- other people have different opinions.

• Or maybe the ignorer has a finite amount of browsing time and wishes to read fewer posts of the "post ur cats :P" variety?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The ignorer just can't handle the fact that -gasp!- other people have different opinions.

Or the fact that maybe the ignored never say anything worthwhile to the others, or maybe because the ignored never make threads or unbiased opinions, or they make blatant snipes at other people, or antagonistic and factually incorrect statements, or preach to everyone, or post millions of images, or relentlessly spam, or attempt to start arguments with you in attempts to win internet cred, or post nothing beyond "tl;dr" "u mad" or "fail", or purposely try to piss people off or make shocking edgy statements, or beg and hound for attention, or post extremely long rants about things you don't care about, or generally just never say anything you would want to take the time to scroll past.
  • edited 2011-05-08 00:23:49
    Well forget this edit.
  • I considered usign the Ignore script here ona  certain user because that user feels a need to insult eveyrthing I do but I decided against it on the slim chance said user may have somethign worthwhile to say.
  • edited 2011-05-08 19:33:31
    Loser
    Vorpy,

What if the people you ignore never make any worthwhile posts? Ever?
    Then you have lost absolutely nothing filtering their words from the
    posts you view.

Honestly, I do not think that such people exist. I mean, I think you could convincingly argue that some users make posts that usually bother you on TV Tropes or IJBM 2, but I do not believe that there is anyone who makes absolutely no worthwhile posts (well, except when someone is only on a forum to troll or something, but I imagine that such users tend to get banned so I do not think the ignore script really applies in such situations).

Your mileage may vary on that, but while I can agree with reporting behavior that bothers you, I do not think that generally warrants the ignore script. I might just have different experiences here than you do though.

• "Honestly, I do not think that such people exist."

Good thing worth is subjective, then.
  • "Most of the time, the ignored person is perfectly intelligent."

who are you and what have you done to chagen
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ""Most of the time, the ignored person is perfectly intelligent."
  • "The ignorer just can't handle the fact that -gasp!- other people have different opinions."

Not this shit again...
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Honestly, I do not think that such people exist.

I do.

I mean, I think you
    could convincingly argue that some users make posts that usually bother
    you on TV Tropes or IJBM 2, but I do not believe that there is anyone
    who makes absolutely no worthwhile posts (well, except when someone is
    only on a forum to troll or something, but I imagine that such users
    tend to get banned so I do not think the ignore script really applies in
    such situations).

They are not worthwhile to me, the person who is ignoring them? Everyone else can still read what they have to say, I just don't.

Your mileage may vary on that, but while I
    can agree with reporting behavior that bothers you, I do not think that
    generally warrants the ignore script.

Yes it does. Why read pointless bullshit when you can hide it? This "value" of opinion thing people use as a reason not to ignore people doesn't apply to me because I don't value any other person's opinion above my own. They can give me helpful information, but hell, if they have given me a reason to ignore them it's most likely moronic bullshit, and I would rather not give them the pleasure of me reading their posts and gambling on whether or not it's just an inane shitpost, a pathetic snipe or a generally worthless statement/meme.

I might just have difference
    experiences here than you do though.

Actually, that's a no. Do you know why?
  • edited 2011-05-08 20:01:17
    Loser
    Vorpy,

This "value" of opinion thing people use as a reason not to ignore
    people doesn't apply to me because I don't value any other person's
    opinion above my own.

I guess not wanting to take the risk is one approach.

I am not really sure people get pleasure out of other people just reading their posts, especially when the other people are not even replying to them.

Actually, that's a no. Do you know why?

No, I do not think I do. I would be glad for you to explain if you would like to do that.

I guess part of my issue here is that I do not think that troper behavior is really bad in the grand scheme of internet forums. I feel like I have seen a lot more annoying stuff in terms of hateful, name-calling posts and the like elsewhere than I have here or on TV Tropes. Again, this might have something to do with me having incredibly high standards for patience. I do not expect other people to share them.

I do not really want to get into talking about specific tropers, but I do think it is bit odd that I seem unable to see all of this bad stuff. Maybe I do see it and I just like to pretend it is not as bad as it really is or something.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just keep an open mind, and read everything even while I trust nothing.
  • Good god that's so cliché I think I'm dying.
  • In other news, I was looking for an ignore script, but apparently they're the "Devil"

Lol?
  • You can change. You can.
    I'm kinda sad that there isn't a Chrome script for this place.

And for the record, people who you dislike don't always get banned. Not all deplorable attitudes are against the rules, because let's face it, that'd be a hassle.