If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Allowing creationism in science lessons.

edited 2011-05-24 17:57:09 in General
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
It isn't a science, it is religion/fundamental christianity trying to get in under a different name.

"How can an afro-american person evolve from a white person?"

Comments

• AHRAHR
    edited 2011-05-24 17:59:56
    http://www.venganza.org/

For my own sake. 

Just read the pastafarian website, AHR, just read the parody website. It will make everything better.

--

Out of curiosity, anyone here talk like that?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Oh God that is creepy. 

Also, why the fuck can't evolution fit into Christian doctrine?

And yes, theories can't be proven, you dumb cunt. 

Tell him his ideas are trash! He is a hick hillbilly! Teach them knowledge!

Aaaaaaaand racism. 

:(
  • There is something called theistic evolution, which is the unofficial stance of the catholic church on evolution. Also screw the protestant fundies, intelligent design/creationism is not a scientific theory.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    But he used SCIENCE! to do it.

>_>

<_<

dont kill me
  • edited 2011-05-24 18:34:03
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'm glad that creationism isn't in the UK properly (that I know of) but given enough support from american fundamentalists I'm sure at some stage a small religious school would consider teaching it.
  • My Biology teacher simply said that we can't know if god created the universe or not, as Science doesn't deal with subjective questions like that. 

And that was that for the entire school year. My city is liberal for Texas, though.
  • ...you had a pretty good teacher, actually. I am slightly happier now.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    That question isn't subjective...
    My Biology teacher simply said that we can't know if god created the universe or not, as Science doesn't deal with subjective questions like that.

That's amazingly rational. I can't tell you the number of times a person has said that God can't exist because we have no proof.
  • The private Catholic school that I go to said that there's no reason that evolution and belief in God has to be mutually exclusive while emphasizing how Charles Darwin struggled with his faith and it is natural if we do so as well. That's pretty reasonable right?
  • "It’s often suggested that there’s no conflict or contradiction between
    evolutionary theory and religion. This strikes me as a pretty broad statement. I
    suppose it’s true depending on how one thinks about religion or what sort of
    religion one advocates. However, it seems to me that it’s very difficult to
    reconcile evolutionary theory with Christianity or other monotheistic
    religions such as Judaism and Islam. Here, I think, the creationists are right
    to be alarmed, but for the wrong reasons. Within the Christian
    framework, the problem isn’t that the account of creation advocated by
    evolutionary theory contradicts the account of creation outlined in the book of
    Genesis. No, the problem is much broader and more metaphysical. The
    problem is that no matter how you cut it, Christianity argues that humans
    have a privileged place within the order of creation.
    Humans, within this
    framework, are the crown of creation, such that all of being is conceived as a
    great cosmic struggle revolving around us."

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Yeah, that's why I'm not religious. If a question by its very nature cannot be proven or disproven, then it's a waste of time trying to answer it.
  • Creationists need to just send their kids to parochial schools and be done with it or else a religious studies class or after school program to please them.
    I love that ;_;
  • I don't know about you people but a school that taught Magic and Alchemy alongside Physics and Chermistry would be so cool.
  • What exactly separates magic from physics, anyway?
  • magic has sparkles on demand.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.

*sets up noose*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAH!

• All I heard was "magic" and "sparkle" and my brain went into Pony mode.
  • edited 2011-05-24 21:12:15
    Pony Sleuth
    ^^^Google thermite.

^My brain is always in pony mode.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Never before have I ever thought it would be the right thing to do to destroy a group of people... Someone please.. help me....
  • Jesus man, you act like this shit is news.
  • since these people arn't nessecarily linked by a common biologicla trait would this count as genocide or somthing else?
  • No, Tnu. It would not count as genocide.
  • What's the right word? Theocide comes ot mind.
  • edited 2011-05-24 21:45:18
    Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    As a Christian i'd prefer Hillbillcide or Ignoramicide.

@Gelxo, i know, it's just, I don't get so much concentrated dosage of stupid and insanity. I overreacted.

Ignoramicide does have a nice ring to it.