If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Trying Too Hard

edited 2011-05-28 19:11:35 in General
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
People who just try too hard to get attention, in real life or on the internet they are massive twats.
Usually have a huge sense of entitlement, arrogance and self importance.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-28 19:16:19
    Also those that just push the dark and edgy for all they are worth, Nietzsche does not like your nihilism!

^ Well, really.
  • Anything in particular that sparked this, Ian?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:17:20
    Skrye, apparently.

Also those that just push the dark and edgy for all they are worth, Nietzsche does not like your nihilism!

Thank you!
  • edited 2011-05-28 19:17:41
    White Whine/Tweeting Too hard.

Self important wankers.
    Ooh also yeah Scrye tried too hard as well with his ott machismo style.
  • I've encountered a lot more people trying to be masculine than dark/edgy.
  • What about people trying way too hard to be cynical and bitter? That's gotten very, very old.
  • Who needs to try anymore?
  • edited 2011-05-28 19:28:02
    ^^^ Depends on the peer group I see quite afew too dark and edgy, and they are all well off middle class kids who are probably having a nice shepherd's pie in a paisley dining room.

^^
    That too, the kind that label themselves as any trope regarding Snark usually fall under this.

• edited 2011-05-28 19:28:37
    Aha! I see the problem. It's the world. It's the other. It's the real. Good me, evil world. Or even better, good intelligence, pathetic me, evil world. The world is fucked, man. Everything we do turns to shit. My own intelligence sees myself as part of the hell that I'm in. This is hell man.

Take ecology. I know everything is interconnected. I'm not stupid. I'm smart. I'm super smart. I can see through everything. Solar panels? Fucked. They cost so much carbon to make I can't even start. Nuclear power? Just look at Japan. Coal. Coal! Are you kidding me?

No, the world is totally fucked. I see it so clearly now. Nothing we can do will solve anything, because who's going to build a machine to reverse entropy? That's what we really need. A machine that pumps out more than it sucks in. Can someone make me that?

We're all gonna die. Beyond that we all go extinct. Beyond that, the sun explodes. But at least I know I was right. We're all going to hell anyway right? Might as well not sell out on that. I still believe in truth. So you can keep your Enlightenment unhappy consciousness bullshit. It's bullshit!

I was right goddammit! And I'm smarter than you! And you know it.

• They're somethin' else.
    Ah, machismo on the internet. An oxymoron.
  • Well to be honest I didn't exactly try to pay much attention to what the hell people in real life are trying to pass themselves off as so I was only thinking of the internet.
  • Don: Isn't that the same as this?

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    After careful consideration the machismo/internet tough guy is my second most hated.
    The most is the dark and edgy.

I mean it is just a bit childish.
  • The solution is to attention whore by being ridiculously optimistic and attempt to be weird in most opportunities.

Since it's, y'know, more original. People will praise your higher difference.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:32:28
    ^^Same, only switshed.

^Eksept that's just as annoying, and at this point, not even original anymore.
  • edited 2011-05-28 19:34:34
    ^^ Ooh reminded me.

Trying too hard: 'Randomness'
    Fuck off, really nothing you do is random, you know roughly which things/phrases are more likely to be seen as quirky or cute and you use them and go " lol I'm so random".
    I think this takes my top spot now.
  • "Eksept that's just as annoying,"

omg srs
  • ^^Waffles
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:35:59
    Okay, the no "c" thing is annoying. I guess I can give that a rest for now.

And yes, it's awful. Ian pretty much hit the nail on the head.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:37:32
    Why the "upbeat randomness" approach to attention whoring is awful:

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meetrandom ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Tell me you don't hope that girl gets hit by a truck.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Well, yeah.

She uses a spork.
  • edited 2011-05-28 19:39:54

^^ Honestly, I can't say that I do.

^^^ Rather she was hit by a fuckton of reality.

Dream crushing reality.
    Nothing like a good dream crush.
  • "Tell me you don't hope that girl gets hit by a truck."

why so edgy
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:44:50
    Not edgy so much as exaggerating due to irritation. Still, it's obnoxious.
  • Where would you people draw the line between "random humor" and "surreal humor"?
  • You want edgy? Try playing ICO it's about a horny kid breaking out of prison with a curvy white chick beating up black guys with a stick.
    ^^ Give examples of each.

I'd say that random is overused and predictable in it's way, whilst surreal is more refined.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-28 19:54:46
    Seconding Ian.