If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Terrible RPers

2»

Comments

• edited 2011-06-02 19:43:11
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Ah, a man after my own heart.
  • I thought I was after your spade.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Paying attention only to oneself or one's characters, imposing on others' characters outside of RPing scenarios, playing out power fantasies/godmodding, sucking at narration/dialogue/writing in general, neglecting the established canon/structure of the RP setting. Stuff like that. RPing's a nuanced hobby.

Yeeeeeeeup, that's the Swing.

My issue with him as been a lot more petty though those all were definitely in my thoughts. Ever notice everything he does seems to be Japanese? It's not a bad thing but when you start noticing  a pattern....
  • edited 2011-06-02 20:53:29
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Ever notice everything he does seems to be Japanese?

• edited 2011-06-02 21:21:20
    Mexican fag
    I was a bad RPer once upon a time. Then I realized that I just plain suck at RPing, and joined Yack Fest.

Oh yeah, and we have a thread in Bogleech for MSTing Johnson's work. The guy loves his rape and bullied protagonists.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^, ^^^ You seem to have missed this comment above:

"Haven't we had this issue of dissing tropers behind their backs a bunch of times already? Let's not get specific, please."
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:16:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, let's keep it nameless.

^Can we tell bad RPer stories without naming names?
    ^ That should be fine, as long as you tell the story and don't go "so yeah, that's why [x] sucks and is a horrible RPer/person."
  • I'll refer to Bad RPer as Johnson. Is that fine?
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:25:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    From here on, all bad RPers in this thread will be known as Johnson.

In an RP I'm in, Johnson's character was the product of rape, may or may not be sexually abused by his sister, and is an extremely creepy Anything That Moves guy.  And that's the toned down character.

Pretty much all of his IC posts have his character making sexual references/statements of how he'd like to do X character.  It's both irritating and creepy.
    ^^ We still know who you're talking about. So no, it's not.

^ This reminds me.

Everyone, keep in mind that if everyone just keeps referring to this one "Johnson", I'll lock the thread.
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:27:42
    I meant that no matter who they are, refer to them as Johnson, not just one RPer.
    ^ I figured you know that. But I get the feeling that people aren't really going to complain about anyone else, in which case this is dogpiling on someone, therefore importing/exporting drama, therefore wrong.
  • But how would anyone know?
  • You can change. You can.
    How about we just say X, Y, Z, etc etc?
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:32:25
    Mexican fag
    So my friends were in this RP started by X. Now A was one of the many applicants for this RP, but two other applicants who knew of his rep convinced X to reject him. A was angry and RAEG'd a lot before leaving.
  • This one time X Yed in the RP I was in, and it made the whole thing really Z.

I hope those terms are general enough to not count as importing drama.
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:44:00
    Could we just, like, take complaints about specific people to PMs instead or something? Or at least the more hateful comments? God knows that there are enough people here with a hate-on for Nick that you could get a conversation out of it. That way, it wouldn't be out in the open, either, which would probably be for the best.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    But...

But Nick wasn't even the one that inspired this thread...

:<
  • I thought this would be about terrible Retsupuraers. I was thinking, we're not that bad at Grumpy Tropers, are we? Though we are a total Retsupurae bandwagon hopper :p
    Well, it derailed to become about him, and that probably isn't good.
  • Yeah, I don't even care about Nick. I was just a little annoyed by the moderation derail.
  • kk

So, who wants to talk about Nicky through PMs with me?
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:48:15
    Pony Sleuth
    Not me, but I'm probably going to check out more of the MSTing on the Bogleech forum that was mentioned earlier.
  • edited 2011-06-02 21:55:36
    ^^^ Fair enough. Before I was a mod, I would have probably been in on this conversation, too. I just couldn't help but remember that dogpiling on people, even when they're not here, has been stated as bad before and I'm trying for something resembling consistency.

Although it's probably not the best of ideas to be dissing someone out in the open in the first place, honestly. And there was dissing, make no mistake. Stuff like "yeah, he bugs me because [yadda yadda]" is not too bad, at least in my opinion, but calling him awful/terrible just about falls under an attack and is poor form.
  • Yeah, posts in this thread might not be against the rules per se, but I hope that we can use our mod hats not only to enforce the rules, but to make things pleasant. I strongly discourage dogpiling and I hope you guys can continue to talk about what bugs you without it devolving into vitriol or campaigns, so to speak, against any individual. Play nice :)
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I used to be on a Vampire Xenomorph Dragoness Wolfkin RP back on Zenhex where everyone essentially tried to out Mary Sue everyone else at the RP maker's misfortune. Eventually it got erased due to a Xenodragon girl and a Eldritch Vampire Hybrid getting into some sick cybersex in the middle of the fight and we got reported.