If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Your nasty handwriting

edited 2011-06-03 19:28:57 in Meatspace
So I'm working for a friend. This week she has me entering contact information into a database from people who write in to her. Problem is these niggas insist on writing in cursive. I don't want to sit around trying to decipher everyone's goddamn Hylian. >:V

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Cursive is the sign of proper education, those who print are likely to be less educated.
    This is what my education has taught me, and from my experience so far in the UK it isn't too far off.
  • edited 2011-06-03 19:50:23
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well cursive is done from like age 6, so it is regarded as the proper and common writing method. 
    Personally I prefer how you can flow letters together.

Those who can't are regarded as less educated, my examples come from the majority of those who are chavs.

Edit:
    To make it clear I'm still referring to the UK only like my first post in this thread.
  • edited 2011-06-03 19:46:03
    Pony Sleuth
    Ian... your posts...

You seem to be making assumptions that such notions are widespread outside your culture and even valid, and ignoring that print tends to be much more legible and thus practical.
  • edited 2011-06-03 19:48:55
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Oh no I've clarified in the UK in my first post.
    I also mentioned that it was what my years of education have taught me.
    I've not said anything about any other culture, only my own.

My personal view is as already said: I like cursive as the flowyness of the letters.
  • The way I write, the letters flow together, but the letters still look like print. I'll see if I can get a photo of my handwriting.
  • edited 2011-06-03 19:51:11
    Pony Sleuth
    Damn. Sorry.

For some reason I was thinking you agreed with those perceptions. You can see how the first one could be misleading though, right?
    No worries.

I like cursive, but it doesn't really matter how people write. However the education system teaches it from base over here so it is regarded as the norm.
  • "the education system teaches it from base over here so it is regarded as the norm."

What the fuck is wrong with the UK

why would you do that to children

why

WHY
    As said, cursive is the norm.
    Printing when an adult is as I've been taught, 'less educated'.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Chagen...

-_-
  • a little muffled
    Eh, that's true in other places (or at least around here) to an extent, but nobody really cares past a point.
  • ...How did you know?
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    *reads thread title*

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!

• This thread is now "post your handwriting":

• I'm down with that:

• BobBob
    edited 2011-06-03 23:36:37
    It depends on who's writing. Some people manage to make cursive legible, some write it as if it's calligraphy (i.e. really pretty, but totally unable to follow), and some just suck at writing in cursive and somehow make it look like complete shit.

Then again, I guess that's pretty obvious.
  • edited 2011-06-03 23:41:49
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Er, ignore the test drawing. It was the only spare index card I could find.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Here's some Nasty Handwriting for you guys, in both contexts. Have my worst, ya little girls.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• You're a regular James Joyce, Vorpy.
  • You can change. You can.
    ...Vorpy...

why are you scanning our letters to each other? What happened to our privacy? ;_;
  • edited 2011-06-04 00:49:32
    a little muffled
    Closest available handwriting sample:
  • My handwriting is super-small and super-neat. I do my "a's" with the hook on top, my "g's" with the reverse bottom squiggle, and my "z's" with the cross through them.
  • I said "Fuck this I've filled my work quota for today anyway." Couldn't even figure out this person's address! >:V