If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Okay, maybe I should revisit the topic of Madoka a couple years later, after hyperbole about the series has died down.

See, right now seems like a decent time to start thinking about watching Haruhi.  Because people have stopped blabbering about it.
  • You can change. You can.
    On one hand, I do normally avoid shows after hype has gone down, but trust me when I say that discussion can be quite enjoyable. And the more fresh it is in people's minds, the more enjoyable it is.

Oh, and also, it's easier to get spoiled the more you wait.

then again, I waited on Madoka mostly so I could binge it properly without having to wait. And I think tht may have ruined it (Blah blah episodes 4-9 are pretty circularly written blah blah the battles are amazing, but the whole thing feels slow blah blah)
    So are there some shows that actually work better if watched one at a time, with long waits in anticipation of further episodes?
    I'd argue that Doctor Who works a lot better if you let episodes sit down, depending on the season (Season 6 being not one of these and Season 1 and 2 being good cases of these, due to the episodical nature of the show in those seasons and them being a bit too schticky because show growth and so on). Or Lost, although Lost is also a bingeable show. 

To be honest, I think the flaws in those episodes were still going to bother me while watching, regardless of the frequency with which I watched them, but it's far more tolerable and less trying when it's "One episode a week" than "12 episodes in the quickest way you can muster", imo.
  • "> I fought the wall and the wall won

Win."

You never heard that joke before?

I fought the X and the X won jokes are old and rely on recognition in order to be funny.

So yes, he probably has.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    FISH KILL
    ARM KILL?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    >mfw when they made me draw "sun creeping on a demon being sexed-up by a weird winged aliend" in Doodle or Die
    >mfw I did it
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Playing Klonoa 2 again. <3
    You're not supposed to be happy, Alice. Or using <3. 

._.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I love stumbling into "the weird part of YouTube".
  • edited 2012-08-05 22:53:36

Oh u.

There are so many alices. And I refuse to learn how to write Saigyouji. 
  • edited 2012-08-05 22:53:42

Because you love being Alices?
  • edited 2011-11-17 18:13:46
    In a patriotic mood today so:

I don't know if you can see
    The changes that have come over me
    And these past few days I've been afraid
    That I might drift away
    I've been telling old stories, singing songs
    That make me think about where I come from
    And that's the reason why I seem
    So far away today

Let me tell you that I love you
    That I think about you all the time
    Caledonia you; re calling me
    Now I'm going home
    And if I shall become a stranger
    No it would make me more than sad
    Caledonia's been everything I've ever had
    Well I have moved
    And I've kept on moving
    Proved the points
    That I needed proving
    I've lost the friends
    That I needed losing
    Found others on the way
    I have kissed the fellas
    And left them sighing
    Stolen dreams yes there's no denying
    I have travelled hard
    Sometimes with conscience flying
    Somewhere with the wind

Now I'm going home

Now I'm sitting here
    Before the fire
    The empty room
    A forest choir
    The flames have cooled
    Don't get any higher
    They've withered now
    They're gone
    And I'm steady thinking
    My way is clear
    And I know what
    I will do tomorrow
    The hands have shaken
    The kisses flowed
    And I will dissappear

Now I'm going home

And also:

O flower of Scotland
    When will we see
    Your like again
    That fought and died for
    Your wee bit hill and glen
    And stood against him
    Proud Edward's army
    And sent him homeward
    Tae think again

The hills are bare now
    And autumn leaves lie thick and still
    O'er land that is lost now
    Which those so dearly held
    And stood against him
    Proud Edward's army
    And sent him homeward
    Tae think again

Those days are passed now
    And in the past they must remain
    But we can still rise now
    And be the nation again
    And stood against him
    Proud Edward's army
    And sent him homeward
    Tae think again

And finally:

Hark when the night is falling
    Hear! Hear the pipes are calling,
    Loudly and proudly calling,
    Down thro' the glen.
    There where the hills are sleeping,
    Now feel the blood a-leaping,
    High as the spirits of the old Highland men.

Towering in gallant fame,
    Scotland my mountain hame,
    High may your proud standards gloriously wave,
    Land of my high endeavour,
    Land of the shining river,
    Land of my heart for ever,
    Scotland the brave.

High in the misty Highlands,
    Out by the purple islands,
    Brave are the hearts that beat
    Beneath Scottish skies.
    Wild are the winds to meet you,
    Staunch are the friends that greet you,
    Kind as the love that shines from fair maiden's eyes.

Scotland the brave.

Far off in sunlit places,
    Sad are the Scottish faces,
    Yearning to feel the kiss
    Of sweet Scottish rain.
    Where tropic skies are beaming,
    Love sets the heart a-dreaming,
    Longing and dreaming for the homeland again.

Scotland the brave

• edited 2012-08-05 22:53:14

• See, right now seems like a decent time to start thinking about watching Haruhi. Because people have stopped blabbering about it.

Perhaps this is why nobody is ever watching the same things as you... >.>

• edited 2011-11-17 19:57:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I like watching things when they're popular because I like being able to talk about them.
    ^^ I've been lampshading myself. :P

There are actual, unrelated reasons for why I don't get into new stuff.  For games, it's generally because I can't afford it and pirating/emulating would be difficult if I don't have the appropriate systems.  For TV shows, if it's a U.S. show then it's either very hard to get to watch it at the right time or very risky to download it, and if it's a foreign show then I still have to go find a subtitled version and likely have to download it.

That said, if it's a recent animé series, do let me know starting next season.  Maybe I'll try to join in.
  • edited 2011-11-17 21:26:04
    Only two anime series I have any particularly strong desire to watch next season are Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku because space pirates and directed by the director of Nadesico, and Black★Rock Shooter because obviously.  Though I guess there are probably others I might watch.
  • edited 2011-11-17 21:19:49
    With the newest games I don't have the time, effort or money. I can't afford it, I don't have time to play it and most of all I just plain don't care. I can already see FUS RO DAH is becoming a new very annoying meme, and seeing people spend all their money on games reminds me of a very delicate time when I was living below the poverty line and everyone made fun of me because I didn't buy the newest Pokemon game or the newest cards I don't care if it's holographic I can't afford even one booster pack

Sorry, I went off on a tangent about my past, the point is I am simply not going to buy any games as soon as they come out because I just don't care. I don't know whether it's due to burnout or painful memories, but I just can't share that same enthusiasm you young people seem to, with your disposable incomes and unfunny new inside joke-style memes, but at the same time I envy you guys for being able to enjoy such an experience.
  • edited 2011-11-17 21:40:36
    Don't worry. I barely have time to play games myself now that I'm in university. As for disposable incomes, well, I felt somewhat strange back when I was one of the few kids back in the day that didn't "get" consumerism. Obviously peer pressure evangelized me a bit, but overall I never had a natural inclination to seek pleasure through owning material goods. Well, sometimes I feel more satisfaction if I can make them myself.
    Meh, I barely care for Skyrim, memes or gaming these days. You have to come up with a really good plot call my attention

Or Batman. that works too.
  • edited 2011-11-17 22:00:29
    Personally, I'm more likely to get into a game if it is short. When people complain about games being too short, I tend to be impressed at how much free time they have (case-by-case, of course).
    I really like long, detailed, complex, engrossing games, but it's hard to find time to play them, sadly.
    Not to self: Propose trope for steam vents as obstacles, as inspired by http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DarthWiki/TropesThatWillNeverHappen
  • edited 2011-11-17 22:54:44
    Games being long is a bad thing since it means that I won't ever finish them, plus long games tend to be less replayable than short ones.  Of course, this isn't really much of an issue since for the most part I only really care about rhythm games and occasionally shmups anyway at this point... Though it does mean I don't play nearly as many RPGs as I'd like to (well, I probably still wouldn't anyway because I'd actually have to, like, pay for them to play them...).
  • I miss Bob.

I know she contributed to the all-shitposting-all-the-time nature of this place, but she was a lot of fun