If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

The season finale?

the one before that

So, was it just me or Rocket was shoehorned into the story?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Oh she totally was. I'm not against her being on YJ. Quite the opposite, in fact, but compare Zatanna's and even Artemis induction. They were much much smoother. 

Also, she's part of the biggest damn romance fail in the show, which is really saying something.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Watched the second episode of AnoHana. Holy shit, I was not expecting Yukiatsu to be so creepy. e_e

Yeah, pretty much. I like her, but I mean, I didn't even know the character before this episode and I had to go ti wikipedia to even understand who she is and why she's there. She's alright and all, but still, that was annoying.

Still, I liked that the story actually managed to give a somewhat clever answer to who the Mole was, even if the actual Mole reveal was kinda dullish.

Also, the closure to each character's arcs (aside from Kid Flash, Aqualad and Robin that is) was pretty good, in my opinion.

I think there's a big emotional disconnect for me with that show. Like, I should like it way more than I do but it feels like it's trying to hard to impress me. Like it's too aware of its periphery demographic of comic-reading neckbeards and is trying to overcompensate.

That and M'gann started getting on my nerves after awhile.

Yeah, there's definetly a feeling of "This show is not just for the kids, but for those who already read comics" feeling. I don't dislike it, but I do think that at times, it feels a bit too much like it's pandering, like when they made the Joker join the Injustice League.

I actually got over M'gann because of the strenght of the cast made the show for me, regardless of her and even then, she actually becomes somewhat likeable as long as she doesn't do the catchphrase thing. I actually liked the origin of that, too.

My only real issue is that so far is that the show really fails at romance and that the romance seems to be there in the first place cuz lol teens rather than any real reason for them to like each other like that.

I forgot how good productivity feels.

• edited 2012-04-17 23:11:57

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Politics/20120417/wildrose-candidate-interview-comments-120417/ ;

"I think that as a Caucasian I have an advantage."

"When different community leaders such as a Sikh leader or a Muslim leader speaks they really speak to their own people in many ways."

"As a Caucasian, I believe that I can speak to all the community." 

Best part is Danielle Smith defending him as the one who can best represent the community. How clueless do you have to be to say something like that?

Wait, "just as clueless as the people voting for you" seems to be the answer. Suddenly, the humour has dissipated. 

Not just with Joker, but with characters like Sportsmaster that are just hold-overs from the Silver Age that they're trying to make serious now

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also, lesbian yandere Cthugha

welp

• edited 2012-04-18 01:25:58
    a little muffled

@Abyss_Worm: These Wildrose guys really are the Republican Party of Alberta aren't they?

• Including the "people are stupid enough to vote for them" part? Sadly, it seems so.

Not just with Joker, but with characters like Sportsmaster that are just hold-overs from the Silver Age that they're trying to make serious now

I honestly don't think their Sportsmaster is as bad as their Joker, really. Or as their Riddler. 

Although they could've chosen a more interesting villain for his role in the story, to be honest. 

With that said, I think it helps somewhat that I had never even heard of the guy till now. ^_^;

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Dear law school,

If you are considering me for merit scholarships, please consider me more quickly.  I have to respond to another school very soon.

Your prospective student,

~GMH

>I honestly don't think their Sportsmaster is as bad as their Joker, really. Or as their Riddler. 

No arguments here. I don't see why people feel they need to fuck with Riddler, especially since his Gorshin version and B:TAS series were so great. If it's not dumb revamps like in the New 52, it's stupid 'character twists' like in Hush.

Honestly, I think it might be that the show is trying so hard to be successor to stuff like JLU that it's forgetting to have fun with itself. The episode where we learn that Miss Martian learned about humans from a crappy eighties sitcom was a noted exception.

Honestly, most of the time, most adaptations tend to fail at taking established rogues and making them interesting. If there is any one reason why the DCAU was awesome, it was because it managed to take each DCU character and have some fun with it. From the Question becoming a conspiracy paranoid nut to giving Freeze a much more relatable, tragic and humane origin story, it was pretty much taking old stuff and giving it a new spin.

Young Justice is...not bad. It's a good team series about team shenanigans involving a team. And I like that it's not as bombastic as most superhero team series are (Not by much, though) but I think it could be a lot better if it didn't try so hard to be accurate and not be its own thing.

Yeah, I remember in the press stuff they established that it was set on Earth 16, I think. It raised my cynicism bells because it's the exact kind of anal categorizing nonsense fans want to know, caring about its place in canon rather than whether or not it's actually good.

Oh, that reminds me: Another thing that bothers me is that it uses Dick and Wally instead of other much younger characters. Not because it's canon that Dick is Nightwing and Wally's Flash, but simply because I feel that series like these often work like introductions for people who normally don't read comics to the DCU and as such, having Kid Flash and Robin not be Tim and Bart can be quite disorienting for anyone using it as a gateways.

That and I just fucking love Tim Drake. Bart's OK, though.

Then again, that'd mean no Zatanna. And fuck that noise.

I totally ship Robin/Zatanna now.

Waltzy what have you done to me.

I'm too busy shipping Zatanna/Miss Martian for me to care.

...yes i love cute lesbians shut up

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

So, a shotacon and a yuri fan. How interesting. Wait, Zatanna is fourteen here? Why haven't I watched this show until now?!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So I just finished the Battle of Whiterun single-handedly. And then my game crashed. :|

So, a shotacon and a yuri fan. How interesting. Wait, Zatanna is fourteen here? Why haven't I watched this show until now?!

but there's no shotas here what are you talking about

• I'm a damn twisted person

Well, technically Superboy is less than a year old.

• edited 2012-04-18 04:43:14
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

So I just finished the Battle of Whiterun single-handedly. And then my game crashed. :|

Hmm. Never heard of Skyrim crashing during that particular event before.

Then again, I play the PS3 version and it's been rather reliable so far. Only froze, like, 3 times since I began playing on Boxing Day.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Juan, the joke is that without other context than the previews, one would assume Zatanna is still an adult and but I corrected myself at the end with a dose of hypocrisy.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Could be worse. My first save file in which I finished the main quest triggered some bug wherein the final scene of the Stormcloak side of the war wouldn't play properly. And since it was one of those events where it takes control of your characte, and all my saves were from after the start of the battle, I could never use that character again.

Juan, the joke is that without other context than the previews, one would assume Zatanna is still an adult and but I corrected myself at the end with a dose of hypocrisy.

oh oh you meant malk. carry on.

Watched episode 5 of AnoHana. Well played, A-1 Pictures. <:'/

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    Has anyone ever noticed that dogs will sometimes cry in their sleep?

It is simultaneously the saddest and most adorable thing you will ever see/hear.