If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

toast poast.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM: whatever IJBM is doing.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    It's like a text sandwich in here.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Come on, guys, we at least know what's wrong now, can't we use the thread like normal? If you acknowledge the beast, it only grows stronger.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

funny-gif-19.gif

• edited 2012-04-18 22:23:06
    You can change. You can.

hurm. shitpost

^^ that would be the reasonable course of action. Surely you see the problem in this.

toast poast vs. trollhoffer, the swordening

• Ahahahahahah watching this topic shit itself is glorious

• Can't decide what to do for my next blog post. So if anyone has anything comics related they want me to tackle, let me know!

• You can change. You can.

It seems we're somewhat back to normal.

So why are we shitposting so much right now?

Is it to pound the posts of old deep into the earth like some hammer of justice?

• edited 2012-04-18 22:31:07
    I'm a damn twisted person

Do something about Infinite Kung Fu!

or not

The forum is still shitting itself for me, so I'll just carry on shitposting to see the shitposting to see the shitposting to see the shitposting

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I'm not back to normal yet.

• edited 2012-04-18 22:35:51
    You can change. You can.

^Yeh, same. 

For me, the new is interspersed with the old at semingly random intervals.

And it is the most fucking glorious thing to happen here in a while, let's be honest.

postage and handling

Wait a minute.

That Infinite Kung Fu post is a pre-timefuck post, isn't it?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

For me, the new is interspersed with the old at semingly random intervals.

Check the timestamps.

Check the timestamps.

But I'm dumb, Nova; it'll all look like one big clusterfuck.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting the timewarp shenanigans, just the inability to see posts. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Okay all the new posts are in the second to last pages for me.

Except your influence within the experience is non-existent at best as your choices just lead to another fixed path. 

Basically, saying that games are not (normally) a fixed art form is kinda like saying that cities are interactive. Sure, you can take a million different paths to walk towards your destination, but all those paths are impossible to adapt and change according to your pleasure and needs.

Well, yeah, I would certainly say cities are interactive. In fact, their mass interactivity as centres of human culture and commerce is what defines them moreso than skyscrapers and the like. 

But the point is this:

The programming, art and music in games are not games. Those are tools of the medium. Ultimately, what makes a game is its mechanics. Playground tag, chess, nd Super Mario Bros all come down to this same element, all being extremely similar from a conceptual perspective. Remove the medium and even more differences get removed. 

Most systems for most video games would have no trouble being adapted to tabletop format to some degree. Starcraft could be a wargame, Dragon Age could be a tabletop RPG. Hell, the fact that there are video game equivalents of sports titles speaks volumes. One of the first pieces of work that gets completed during the production cycle of any game is the "rules" that will bind the experience, on paper and in concept. 

No matter what medium or genre you work with, game design is essentially the same thing. Games, by nature of having mechanics that can be manipulated by players, demand some kind of collaboration between designer and player. And no, the player didn't have any input into the visual design, animation, music or system of a video game, but the game format at its most basic level invites them to manipulate the system.

'Cause ultimately, what makes a video game isn't the "video" bit of the equation. That's format or medium. What makes a game is the fact that it includes a logical, consistent system that asks for and responds to player input. Different story paths are a concept games have been experimenting with since the SNES era, but still haven't quite come to grips with. What makes games interactive happens at a much more basic, fundamental level -- the fundamental element that makes games games, which is probably why most people don't even think about it. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

But I'm dumb, Nova; it'll all look like one big clusterfuck.

But all the posts are ordered due to their timestamps.

we'll be stuck here, forever. in time

• edited 2012-04-18 22:44:28
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Dammit Whale, your talk of possessed footballs has summoned an actual daemon to fuck up the servers.

That's what you get for invoking Chaos. >:(

Also, Timestamps are still fucked up for me.

We just need to wait for the flow of time to rebalance itself, is all!

let's

do

the 

time waaarp

agaaaaaaaain