If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• edited 2012-11-10 21:46:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

Any volunteers?

I would, but I don't want to do too much without Vandro or Noim. :P

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

this requires stealth, said Djanain, as he jumped through the window screaming.

• Sorry for disappearing, was out, doing stuff.

Anyway, I'm up for going spec-ops or just bursting through the door. Nom-Lam will probably complain about either option, though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm up for going spec-ops

My first thought was "I don't want to traumatize my character," then I realized you weren't talking about the game >.>

• Well, I thought of it too, and wanted to use commando, but decided against it for idiomatic reasons.

Though, thinking about it, D&D campaigns are usually accountable for the same problems SOTL points out in videogames.

Hmmm...I kind of want to...

No, I don't think I could run a SOTL campaign. I couldn't do that to the players.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

SOTL?

SpecOps: The Line.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You sadistic sons' a bitches.

• edited 2012-11-11 03:04:56
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm not planning on running any SOTL campaigns.

I'm hoping to give you guys a reason to fight most of the fights, at least, and Tetra will get pissed if people pick fights with a gang of orcs just because you want more EXP. (In fact, I'm not even calculating EXP that way, I'm just giving you guys a lump of EXP after the campaign/adventure/particular sidequest thingie is over, plus roleplay EXP if you roleplay well.)

• edited 2012-11-11 16:24:50

. . . I goofed a bit. Forgot about Elven Weapon Familiarity, so I ended up not bothering with silly things like martial weapons I can use right away, like longbows. >_>

I would have asked if it wasn't too late to switch my items around more, since I still haven't used any, but a longbow and quiver would be more than a tad noticeable to other people, so it would've come up by now. Ah, well. Whenever the party gets a break, I can probably make up a good reason for why Djanain didn't already have one with him.

• edited 2012-11-11 19:45:00
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Heyyy it just occurred to me that I can cast Ray of Frost at will.

Woooooo.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Same. :DDDDDD

You know what All Nines

your face

okay

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I can't cast spells.

But you know what?

I can shoot beams of sunlight at people.

So there.

I would say that "beams of sunlight" counts as magic regardless of it technically being a spell.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nope; I do believe it's more 'channeling positive energy', which is a very different thing to the forms of magic in D&D (Arcane, Divine and Psionic).

But what I meant is, it's magic.

Like it's not magic in the game, but it is magic.

But you see.....eh, fuck it.

Kamoulox!

So, I haven't been keeping track, but, like, are there any times where we all seem to be on at once? Or most of us?

Even if there were, my work schedule changes constantly. So any such times would not be consistent.

Dude, everything is magic in the game.

I mean, at higher levels, a Fighter can swing a greatsword around forty times a minute. That's not normal.

There are things that are labeled magic, because while they work under consistent rules, nobody knows what those rules are.

Then there are things that aren't labeled magic; things like channeling positive and negative energy. It's not technically magic, because it doesn't involve altering the world around you; it's just channeling energy.

There's a clear, if pedantic, difference between the two.

So, I haven't been keeping track, but, like, are there any times where we all seem to be on at once? Or most of us?

Couple hours from now, vandro and Noimporta occasionally post.

But I myself have a weird sleep schedule, going to bed any time from midnight to six AM.

I do try not to get online until 11AM though, if only to get away from the computer.

my work schedule changes constantly.

Wait, where are you from, again? Or, at least, what's your time zone? Knowing that would help a lot since, at least, vandro, Noim, and Nova usually post when it's kinda/really late for me, I think.

I live in America. Pennsylvania in specific, EST.

I am from Europe, but that's wholly beside the point, and not what you meant.

It's not my fault if you guys don't post in the morning, when it's late for me but I'm still awake >:[

• edited 2012-11-11 20:32:30

Ah. Which means we're in the same time zone (since I'm also residing in Pennsylvania for the time being, even though that's not where I'm from. Damned college is throwing me off, since people are from different states and all). So, how late can your job have you working? Sometimes we seem to go pretty late, I think, so it would be unusual if work kept you so late that we couldn't take care of fights at, like, 11 or 12.

I could be misremembering things here, though.

EDIT: Is it bad that I'm already thinking up a backup character? Not sure if I want to go with a Witch of some sort, or another character who I'll have to ask Nova for approval for, but who would essentially be a Rogue.

currently I work 8-12:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Currently.

But my schedule can change to whatever they feel like giving me whenever they feel like changing it.

Oh the wonders of working part time.

I don't suppose you're anywhere near the Poconos, All-Nines?

If he works at a large retail chain, he could be called into work as late as midnight, assuming he was given prior warning.

I don't suppose you're anywhere near the Poconos, All-Nines?

I'm in Selinsgrove, but I dunno how close that is to anything.

If he works at a large retail chain, he could be called into work as late as midnight, assuming he was given prior warning.

Hmm. Well, that blows.

Wow that's all the way out in Snyder County.

Yeah you're a bit away from us. I live in Carbon, see here: