Welcome to the It Just Bugs Me!
Just take a quick read of these rules so you know them when posting. We'd like to maintain a generally inviting, friendly, and informal atmosphere, but some rules have to be laid down just in case funny things happen. Here they are:
0. Don't be a jerk or an idiot. Keep an open mind. This website is for discussing things.
1a. When creating new discussion threads, please put them in an appropriate category depending on their content.
1b. Threads are typically about complaining about something, but they don't have to be.
1c. It's okay if a thread goes off-topic naturally, but do not derail it intentionally, even if you don't like the topic.
2. Discussing, debating, arguing, and disagreeing are all allowed. However, when doing these things, target the opinions and arguments, not the persons you're talking to. Insults, mockery, needlessly rude or inflammatory posts, or other irrelevant material may be edited, blanked, locked, or deleted.
3. Do not import or export wars or drama from/to other websites. Users who do so will be warned if not banned instantly.
4a. Do not start or continue dramafests. If you have problems with other users, talk to moderators or to the users in question privately. Abuse, harrassment, and trolling (intentionally posting stuff to annoy people) are not allowed. Do not derail discussions with drama.
4b. If you are using a user-ignoring extension, you use it at your own risk, and you may not talk about the contents of your ignore list. You will still be subject to the same rules as if you were able to see the posts of users you ignore. Ignoring moderators is, needless to say, a bad idea.
4c. If you don't like a thread, and have nothing meaningful to add to it, don't post in it.
5. Do not impersonate any other users. Impersonating a user may result in instant banning. (If you truly have a username or avatar issue, talk to the moderators.)
6. Having more than one account is allowed, but discouraged. When creating alt accounts or sockpuppets, notify the moderators.
7a. Wonderposting (a.k.a. shitposting) is allowed but discouraged EXCEPT in the Wonderful Posts category; wonderposts outside that category may be blanked anytime.
7b. Do not derail discussions with wonderposting.
7c. The liveblogging category is only for liveblogging/Let's Playing/etc. threads. The roleplaying category is only for roleplaying threads and threads for planning roleplaying threads. Misplaced threads will be moved.
8a. Embedded images and videos in posts: If you have more than two or three (depending on size) of these in a post, make them links rather than embedded. The exception is in threads in the "Wonderful Posts" category. Moderators may edit posts to enforce this rule.
8b. Excessively large text is not allowed except in the "Wonderful Posts" category. Moderators may edit posts to enforce this rule.
9. No spamming. Spamming is defined as an excessive amount of pointless posts, in discussion threads or on profile pages.
10. No advertising. Unless you are a respected member of the community, you will not use this website to advertise things like business interests. This may warrant up to an instant ban depending on the circumstances.
11. Do not do anything illegal. If you have to ask whether it's legal, chances are it isn't.
12a. This board may contain material not suitable for minors. If you post a thread about such material (to be described as "NSFW", or "not safe for work"), you MUST mark it as "NSFW" in the thread title. You may NOT post such material in threads not marked NSFW.
12b. If you are a minor
, you understand that this board may contain material not suitable for a minor such as you, and that you view the material at your own risk.
12c. Do NOT post pornographic content (images, text, videos, etc.) on the forum. You may link to it but it must be CLEARLY marked.
13a. Moderators (including administrators) reserve the right to make changes to the rules, and to take actions and make decisions applying the rules to situations. Actions and decisions--including but not limited to warnings, bans, post edits and deletions, and thread locks and deletions--are final unless stated otherwise. Moderators may ask for community input on certain issues, but are not obligated to do so.
13b. Once someone has stepped far enough over the line, this map
comes into play.
13c. Just because the mods haven't gotten to something yet does not mean it's okay.
14a. If you believe there are issues that the moderation team should address, please flag the content in question, or send private messages to one or more of these moderators: Longfellow
, Cygan, IanExMachina
, and Everest
. If you are sent a PM that you believe the moderation team should address, add any of the aforementioned moderators to your PM conversation. Issues concerning website functions/features should be directed to Unknown_Entity. This list of moderators will be updated as the team changes.
14b. If you have been banned and would like to discuss it, or if it was a
temporary ban and you have not been unbanned after the specified date,
please e-mail us at ijbmbans at gmail dot com
15. This website shall not be construed to be fit for any particular purpose. You will not depend on this website for anything, including (but not limited to) your personal well-being; this website and the people who run it disclaim liability (including liability for user-generated content) to the greatest extent allowed by applicable laws. You are advised to avoid using this website in places like schools and offices (due to the possibility of NSFW content) or anytime you need to focus on anything.
16. And last but not least: This is just an internet message board; you should really relax.
These rules may be updated occasionally when the need arises.
Announcements about the site and community will be posted by moderators in this thread.
I'm going to leave this thread open so that people can ask questions about the rules. However, I would like to keep the rules at the top of the page if possible, so I'd like to keep this under 50 comments, so anything you post here may be deleted--especially if it's off-topic.