If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Old Rules and Announcements Thread (v.2)

Comments

• My first thought was to ask who nominated me, but I probably should not.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...I was going to say to my fellow mods that we should probably not talk about this openly, but...well, I ain't stuffin' that cat back in the bag, that's fer sure.

As for Forzare, I can't quite tell what made you seem like Everest, except that I might have once upon a time confused you and and Everest back on the TVTF.
  • I guess I kinda started it, what with the "" post, though that was mostly a joke and I didn't expect to actually be told I was considered.
  • edited 2011-08-17 23:36:15
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I like to think that I've matured since I was posting regularly on TVT. :<

Also yeah, sorry for the derail.
    Also, I think we're gonna need a new rules thread at this rate.

Well, I was thinking of revising them anyway.  It did look like a large disorganized bunch of information.  Condensing it would be nice.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, something less... wall of text-y would probably be better.

Something that gets the point across clearly, but briefly.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The OP is over a thousand words.  That seems excessive, somehow.
    It used to be less then got gradually filled with extra clarifications and such.
    Yeah, it kind of reads like that too.

It feels like it needs to be condensed.
  • Perhaps it would be a good idea to have separate Rules and Announcements threads.

A rules thread would ideally have just the rules themselves and maybe one or two replies clarifying them, but an announcements thread seems (to me, at least) to invite discussion of the announcements, intentionally or otherwise.
    I like that idea.
  • Congratulations, new mods!
  • Jesus, guys.

Someone nominate me as a mod so I don't sound jealous when I say it isn't that big a deal.
  • Is that not-sure-if-Fry or I-C-what-U-did-there-Fry?
  • I Nominate Gelzo for Mod position!
  • It isn't that big a deal, guys. Let's cool it with the flattery; it's clogging up the thread.
  • Glaring_Hatefully_Fry.jpeg.

@Gelzo, I revoke my nominations
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I have two questions.

When you decided who were going to be the new mods, did you ask them first or just moved them to the mods role?

And,when someone is banned,can they still see the forum and the new messages?
  • You can change. You can.
    Seeing as they didn't know if Ninjaclown would be a mod, even though he was accepted as one via voting, I have to say that yeah, they asked them first.
    Fun fact: INUH and funnyguts were asked first, Everest and Cygan just had it dropped on them (in a bit of procedural fail on our part), and IanExMachina and ninjaclown were also asked first.

As for banned people, yes, they can still see the forum.  They just can't post.
    This thread will soon be obsoleted.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    And then they can't read the Activity page.
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    This thread will soon be obsoleted.
    THE UPRISING IS COMING

^^ And they can't comment on their profile pages, and they can't comment on others' profile pages, and they can't read PMs, etc.

^ I'm working on a new rules post that cleans up what we currently have, by consolidating a lot of stuff by relevance and reducing the bulk of our current ruleset.  Also updating some things.
    I'm unpinning this thread because the new thread has been launched.
  • I think it's pretty silly that you just linked to the ban "map" instead of copypasting it.
  • I had the same thought but I figured he must have done it for a reason.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Added an IJAM category.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I would still suggest to my fellow Ijbmers to still use the IJAM prefix in titles, since not everyone reads the categories and may lead to confusion