If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Using this board in Internet Explorer 8

Comments

• Am I the only Linux user?

I still have Windows XP. I can't upgrade until I get a laptop for college or my computer totally breaks down and dies.
  • edited 2011-03-21 23:14:58
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    1. That's a lot of icons arranged in a rather particular fashion.  How do you keep their arrangement from being messed up?

Like this.

2. Use pSX instead of ePSXe.  (There's a frontend that makes it very easy to use.)

pSX wouldn't work with my FFVII rom.

3. What is "Enemy Database", and what format is that?

It's from Open Office, a Spreadsheet. Spreadsheet of a Serial Killer game flowchart/list of information. Currently empty.

4. What is that icon with a Japanese name?

3D Kasutamu shōjo (3D custom girl). Girl creation system sent to me by evilneko. NSFW shit.

5. Yay classic view!

The menu bars are too huge and rounded for me in anything else.
  • Oh hey someone signed up for Dropbox using my referral link.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I can as well. Do I benefit from it at all? It's better than MegaUpload and AngelFire in many ways.
  • edited 2011-03-21 23:27:06
    Cue-bey
    >3D Custom Girl

http://tinypic.com/r/v66ip3/7">

>mfw

edit: How in the fuck do I embed images

• edited 2011-03-21 23:30:08
    What's wrong with 3DCG, snowbull?

Anyway, I'm actually changing my wallpaper again, because I decided I wanted my wallpaper and login screen background to be from the same series/artist, like they were before (both of them being Kojika art done by Kaworu Watashiya).  So... I'm gonna use two different pictures of generic lolis (actually, they're probably the same character, and so I suspect they aren't just generic characters and that they're from something, but whatever.  It's consistent) by Pop.  Also because they have white backgrounds so I can probably fit the whole picture on the screen without it looking bad.
  • I signed up.

I had it for like 45 seconds and I already think it's pretty cool.

Or at least it will be until my internet goes down.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Most of my desktop icons are files and folders, actually.  I sometimes put program icons on my desktop but they are few and far between; at most I usually have one or two columns of seven icons of that.

My taskbar is usually expanded to a height of two window bars.  I generally keep it at the bottom.

I don't use Windows 7's program pinning.  I use the classic/XP Quick Launch and separate window bars for each window.

My Quick Launch tends to include some mix of the following:
    * show desktop
    * cascade windows (which I mainly keep around because I don't know how to recover it if I trash it)
    * C drive (or whatever letter is my main storage drive)
    * Notepad (which I replace with Metapad anyway, so this is effectively Metapad)
    * PuTTY
    * FileZilla
    * Matlab
    * Mathematica
    * Maple
    * Thunderbird
    * Firefox
    * GIMP
    * SecureFX
    * SecureCRT
    * Zephyr instant messaging client
    * Character Map
    * Twhirl

I don't have all of these at the same time.  I usually have at most 10 of them; 5 on each row.

The Start Menu usually has the following:
    * Firefox (or other browser)
    * OpenOffice Writer, Calc, and maybe Impress
    * Microsoft Word, Excel, and maybe Powerpoint, if I have MSOffice installed
    * X-Chat
    * C drive (or whatever letter is my main storage drive)
    ----
    * maybe Pidgin or TerraIM
    * MS Paint, from using it a lot
    * Internet Explorer (I use it a surprising lot even though it's not my primary browser)

I don't put shortcuts to my games.  They're already distracting enough as is.
    My desktop wallpaper is usually one of about a hundred different images I have in a specific wallpaper folder.  I use the Windows 7 built-in wallpaper changer; in XP I used some freeware wallpaper changer utility.  I usually set things to fit to screen and change every three hours.
  • edited 2011-03-21 23:54:10
    I just realized that I never start Windows Explorer by clicking the taskbar icon. If anything, I'll right-click on it and choose one of the folders I've pinned to my jump list.

I don't even know what folder it'll open if I just click the icon.
  • "Libraries", apparently.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Windows 7 rules.
  • I don't see the point in having a taskbar icon.  Especially one that just goes to "Libraries."

Since you can have links to each of your libraries in the Start menu.  Which is what I do.
  • edited 2011-03-22 00:02:40
    Well, if I keep Explorer pinned to the taskbar, my Explorer icon will always be pinned where I want it in the taskbar (right after my browser icons). But if I unpinned it, it would just pop up after all the other icons every time I open a folder.

...I'm something of a control freak.
    Sample of the contents:

* the default pictures from Windows of various landscapes from USA, Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the UK

* the default pictures from Windows of various cool geological features, such as The Wave and stuff from Arches National Park

* various other cool geological features, especially monoliths and cool outcrops

* pictures from or relating to various series I like, such as:
    ** Art Deco style poster advertising the Stellvia space station
    ** portrait of Éclair decorated in the style of a stained-glass window
    ** artwork from deviantArt and various boorus, such as this, this, and this
    * other interesting pictures from various sources.
    I never use Libraries.  If only I could just get rid of the libraries altogether.  Each of its category folders is linked to one particular folder only anyway.
  • Agreed. I don't really see how Libraries are an improvement over simply having a Documents folder, a Pictures folder, etc., as in previous versions.
    And THE LIBRARIES HEADLINE TAKES UP SPACE IN MY FOLDER VIEW THAT COULD USED TO DISPLAY FILE ICONS.
  • Yeah, Libraries only seems useful for people who are really bad at organizing their folders, and are actively trying to continue that way.
  • Here's my new wallpaper.  Also, my start menu is in this screenshot, so you can see what programs I use most frequently!  Exciting, huh?
  • edited 2011-03-22 01:12:46
    >"I am a sick, twisted fuck.txt"

wut?
  • edited 2011-03-22 01:19:32
    I think it's funny how people tend to either keep everything on their desktop, or keep nothing on their desktop.

Also, is your Windows name usually "DYRE", or did you just change it so we won't know your real name?
  • edited 2011-03-22 01:22:48
    My Windows name is normally DYRE, yeah.  If I had it as my real name I probably would have just drawn a black box over it or something.  Or not since it'd just be my first name anyway, I guess.

But yeah, I didn't change it just for that screenshot or anything.
    The only thing I changed in my screen shot was my background, because it was originally Saya no Uta.

And I also tidied it up a bit and deleted some hentai/guro reaction images I had on the desktop, along with a few animes I don't want you guys to know I actually like.
  • My Windows name is my first name (Tyler), because at the time I was excited to have a computer of my own. I don't really like it though, because every time I see the logon screen or my start menu I'm reminded of my real name.
    Now that's something I cannot unread. I have now bound Tyler to your handle, instead of Central.
  • edited 2011-03-22 02:22:04
    No rainbow star
    DYRE: The contents of, "I am a sick, twisted fuck.txt":

Frosty the virus was a jolly happy program
    With a JPEG pipe and a binary nose
    And two eyes made out of zeros.
    Frosty the virus is an internet hoax they say,
    He was made in Python but the hackers have
    Shown how he became corrupted one day.
    There must have been a trojan in that
    Old popup they clicked.
    For when the website opened up
    He began to tick tock tick.
    O, Frosty the virus
    Was nasty as he could be,
    And the hackers say he could delete
    And infect worse than any virus you've seen.
    Clickety clack clack,
    Clicket clack clack,
    Look at Frosty go.
    Clickety clack clack,
    Clicket clack clack,
    Through the piles of pr0no.

Frosty the virus knew the antivirus was hot on his trail,
    So he typed, "Let's surf and we'll cause some chaos
    Now before I am deleted and derailed".
    Down to the website, with malicious program in hand,
    Being mailed here and there all around the net saying,
    "Catch me if you can".
    He led them down the info highway right to Microsoft.
    And he only paused a moment when he heard Bill Gates shout, "FUCK!"
    For Frosty the virus has already infected their systems,
    But he looked around saying, "Google look out, for I'm coming next for your RAM."
    Clickety clack clack,
    Clicket clack clack,
    Look at Frosty go.
    Clickety clack clack,
    Clicket clack clack,
    Through the piles of pr0no.

I know that I made so many bad mistakes and hollywood style, "O COMPOOTAHS WORK LIEK TIS LOLZ!", but really, I didn't care at the time because it amused me
    I just found an old screenshot of my desktop.  It turns out that I actually didn't use the Quick Launch when I first got XP.

I should upload that.  Don't really feel like uploading my current desktop, but I've pretty much described all of it anyway.

@DYRE: What's osu?

Also, what's FastStone image viewer?  I use XnView as my replacement for Windows Picture Viewer (which totally sucks).

Also, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY USE FOR OPENING FOXIT READER, PICTURE VIEWER PROGRAMS, OR OTHER VIEWER PROGRAMS WITHOUT OPENING A FILE ALONG WITH IT?