If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

None of the current active IJBM topics interest me

Comments

• edited 2011-01-26 17:21:07
    Lots of missed discussion, being averse to replying to these is a bad habit and must be broken, so...

Raw Power is cool, he has complex and/or weird views he expresses with embedded videos and Half Life: Full Life Consequences quotes.

This place is 10,000x more interesting than the original IJBM ever was, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Maybe I only read the right threads, but this place doesn't seem that much different than what IJBM was during its last few weeks of life.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You want some media threads?

I'll give ya some!

snowbull: "I didn't plan on leaving, but considering how YF seems as boring as ever, I probably would have left anyway."

Didn't you get banned?

snowbull: "I didn't plan on leaving, but considering how YF seems as boring as ever, I probably would have left anyway."

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Simpsons_torch_mob_sm_3871.jpg

thatguythere47: "my dolphin fucking thread"

What the fuck

MyFireworksDoesYours: "Raw Power is such a random person that I don't know what he believes, what his nationality is, what he likes to do, or where he stands on the political spectrum."

I'm pretty sure he's a leftist Muslim (or agnostic) Moroccan.

funnyguts: "There have been a few changes-of-mind in the forums, the one I can think of is Glenn learning about how to use pronouns with trans people."

Well, more specifically, realizing that gender terminology wasn't as unimportant to people as I thought, and that even some very progressive gender-funny people don't subscribe to a sort of post-gender thinking.
  • Looking at the current threads here, it's not that none of them interest me, so much as it is that I don't have anything to add to any of them besides wonderposting.

And I'm trying not to make IJBM 2 become The Trash Heap: Entire Forum Edition.
  • I like this thread. It has discussion I can relate to.

I'm kind of glad Raw Power forgot I exist. He's cool, but people like me are not meant to talk to people like him.

TV Tropes kind of put me on a character derailment session for awhile when I first started. then after I got used to the community, I frequently would get onto the forum while I was drugged out of it, or extremely emotional, and I would be prone to radical, and stupid actions. People were a lot more tolerant of me though, as Tnophelia. It wasn't until my personality split between Vorpal and Tnoph that issues started to spring up and I became an acceptable target to a few tropers. Finally, I condensed myself into Vorpy, passed my treatment session and moved on with my life. Tv Tropes inspired my political belief, modified my religious beliefs, and helped me find terms for all of the different aspects of me.

I think I am just a theist now (I keep changing it, I know), where I believe that God(s) did stuff and decided to go elsewhere and do stuff. They have the entire universe to work with, why would they give a shit what humans think of it(them)?  I don't use it as a path to get chummy or a way to be helped, but just as somebody who can hear me talk.

It's like talking to your dog, except that dog understands what you are saying, and can hear you from everywhere.

Thanks to TV Tropes, I feel stronger about affairs of the world, and am a little more delicate about them.

• edited 2011-02-07 16:01:16
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Who's Raw Power?

Also, that religious belief system sounds like Deism to me.

Anyway, good to hear you think TV Tropes has improved you overall.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Raw Power is a troper and forumite best known for being from Spain/Morocco and loving TTGL.
  • ^^^ I know how you feel, if it wasn't for a certain friend I'd made on TvTropes, I'd probably be going through life expecting God to zap me at every turn.
  • so true

and TV Tropes is broken, argh
  • it's broken for me

also none of you people are posting
  • Well I'm not patient!
  • I'd post more, but I have little to say to recent topics.

Hell, maybe I'll think up a new one.
  • you ought to

(Also, I'm sure it reflects badly on me that I want that lesbian thread to chug along, given that it's exactly the sort of thing I was rambling against like two weeks ago)
  • Aww.

But you're not CentralAvenue
  • All aboard the good ship Central Anonymous.
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:40:45
    We prefer "Anonymous Avenue"

What amuses me most is that, until a couple weeks or so ago, AU and I both found the shipping thing creepy. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I suppose.
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:40:58
    (Funny, if not for said shipping, which appears to be half-serious and predates today, I would not have put on my farcical Stalker With A Crush persona)

^Or that.
  • FFXIII > Twilight Sparkle
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:43:52
    Yeah well Ponies Before Swine Coast To Coastmaniacstuck > everything
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:44:47
    Pony Sleuth
    You guys do seem to have a lot in common, huh?

Not shipping here, it just amuses me.
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:45:09
    ^^ except maybe Homestuck Runner: Friendship is Whatever.

You guys seem to have a lot in common, huh?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our nomination for Understatement of the Year.
  • Y'know, my friend from high school works with this guy who he says acts just like me. I'm wondering if we'll ever be friends.
  • They are theremins....^^
  • Maybe if you met him somehow?
  • edited 2011-02-27 17:52:58
    Pony Sleuth
    Yeah, maybe next time I visit back home. My friend wants us to meet some time, but my friend seems to have a busy work schedule.
  • Friendship is still a weird concept to me.

But I don't want this to become another thing I won't shut up about, so have a random video from my YouTube favorites: