If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"My Little Pony taught me it's okay to like girly things!"

2»

Comments

• edited 2011-11-02 20:12:38
    Loser
    Abyss_Worm,
    1. I can understand this sentiment from a six-year-old, but this tends
    to come from young adults. Where the heck were they during the 90's/00's? There were several good (or at least reasonably entertaining) girls' shows long before this one.

Yep, I am guessing Cardcaptor Sakura probably fits in there somewhere, right?

2. They tend to be pretentious about it. No, not caring for the show does not mean I'm automatically into gore and violent gritty FPS's. Again, I watched other shows as a kid.

I think that is probably one of the sillier reactions to a difference of tastes that I have ever heard. People clearly do not fit into neat binaries after all and just like how being athletic or liking sports does not make you a "dumb jock," disliking MLP does not make you some violence-obsessed action fan. It seems kind of ironic to me that one would say such a thing to respond to someone disliking MLP given that some have (wrongly in my opinion) accused men who watch MLP of being overly feminine. 

Juan_Carlos,
    By now, America's stand on pop culture seems hardly relevant when it comes to MLp. I mean, there are bronies worldwide

and thus, Faust's plan to conquer the world started.

Well, she did make a deal with the devil to basically do just that, so I would not really be surprised if it happened. That does make me wonder if someone will ever make the argument that MLP is demonic though.
  • You can change. You can.
    I was thinking Marlowe, but you get the picture. :D
  • edited 2011-11-02 20:11:57
    I think FiM is very well put together. I just don't enjoy it in general, not because it's something for girls but because it's generally not my thing.

I do admit to being somewhat prejudiced when I first heard about it because of my upbringing (which I won't get into that much, but I was pretty much discouraged from doing girly things, and my dad is homophobic). But I've put that aside now and find I don'y really like the cartoon in general. But not because of things other than it's quality.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    MLP is demonic
    That would explain why so many of us inexplicably love it.
  • edited 2011-11-02 20:14:09
    Derpy is 
    nsdxshndfuigfbgfzxf

zdxgxnxndhncgxg

gfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgf

________

_

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Derpy R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    >Implying that The Great Old Ones are demons and not saintly gods from space

oh god, you're actually serious aren't you
  • "Yep, I am guessing Cardcaptor Sakura probably fits in there somewhere, right?"

That was the first thing I thought of incidentally.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ No, you're thinking of Pinkie Pie.
  • edited 2011-11-02 20:20:36
    I though Pinkie Pie was the one who cuts her friends up and puts them into cupcakes. 

^^^ No.
    She's also the show's resident Great Old One.
    >No

Neither am i.

don't tell anyone.
  • To be honest, even if it is a decade late, it makes me happy.

It really shows that we still have a ways to go before we get gender-equal entertainment standards.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    That does make me wonder if someone will ever make the argument that MLP is demonic though.

Still waiting for someone to make the argument that the MegaTen series is demonic here. :B
  • ^Already happened. Though, the panic over the show corrupting boys and making them queers is understandably more common.
  • edited 2011-11-03 00:07:07
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^^^^^ I thought of Sailor Moon first
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >MLP is demonic

I would totally be okay with Chaos Ponies.
  • Again. Pinkie Pie.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    I would totally be okay with Chaos Ponies.

CUPCAKES FOR THE CUPCAKE GOD! FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE!
  • edited 2011-11-03 00:13:45
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^For the record, I meant stuff like this:

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
  • ^^Yeah, I just kinda had to say it.