If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm forum-banned for a week on TvTropes

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
  • You can change. You can.
    -points at initials-
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Bobby, don't y'all mods have a modcave?

I know that the conversation PM system here on vanilla forums lets me just cc all the other mods here when talking to anyone.
  • "Also sometimes I think I just come across as really impertinent and whiny, but I may be assuming too much there."

I doubt it. If you were, why would they keep you around as a mod? Not to mention, a few people would've picked up on this if it were true.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just realized that that sounds like a LouieW sentence.
  • What, mine or Bobwarizmi?
  • You can change. You can.
    Bobby's, I think...
  • Bobby, can you convince Eddie to get a Garment of Authority to put on when he feels like laying down the law?  He doesn't do that when he visits the TRS and IP and we're never sure when he wants to change guidelines or if he just really likes something.  Or if he just wants us to ignore guidelines and do what he says.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Hm, for some reason I thought the old meme about terrible animation and art in anime was a vaguely racisty mispeling of QUALITY, and not allcapsy QUALITY. My mistake.
  • Can't even use memes properly.
  • Okay, now I'm just confused.

Also, Bobby, you are just as much of a mod as Ironeyes or Blackcat. You shouldn't feel worried about weighing in on moderator decisions.

• Because you never know what you might see.
    Confused why?  You weren't posting in a thread to call it stupid, were you?

But no, I'm not worried about making my opinions known, but sometimes I don't get an answer.  Like currently.  Maddy has posted since I sent that PM.  I am being ignored.

@ Deboss: I'll pass that on to Eddie.
  • No, I stopped that when Maddy told me to quit it, and I don't recall doing it since, except when I called the "someone sent you a girl" thread a bad idea(which I only did once).

I can sort of see how this post http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13048871160A52643100&page=1#2 might be construed as doing that(Even though it wasn't), but it wasn't thumped, which leaves me confused.
    Oh.  This was the post which Madrugada (I assume) thumped immediately prior to your ban, so I thought that was the reason.
  • Yeah, I thought it was the reason too, but I wasn't saying that the thread I was currently in was a stupid one. I was making fun of  some of the arguments I heard in that troper tales thread, as well as a few I've heard elsewhere though. But I assumed that was wrong because it started the argument with dontcallmewave
    Yes, and frankly if you had both been banned for a week for that I'd have thought that eminently reasonable, because the bickering was getting very wearisome and was hardly civil.  But that wasn't the reason Madrugada gave for banning you, so I was confused.
  • I have to agree with that.
  • Wait, I think I found the thread that got me banned. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13048790000A85562400&page=1

Come on, it's Savage Heathen! He should have been banned weeks ago!

• And I was just saying that I knew who started the thread! I wasn't saying the thread itself was stupid, although it was!
  • Glaives are better.
    Myrmy, don't be sad, or even mad. Wear your ban like a medal. It's proof that you've posted at some point in time.
  • Hatter, no one likes a bitter whiner.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Don't worry, I can't stand SH either.
  • edited 2011-05-12 14:20:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't remember what Savage Heathen is like For you, the thread where you and Savage Heathen posted was the decisive moment that got you banned.

For me...it was 3:20 PM.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    He's the absolute worst stereotypes of hedonistic anarchists rolled into one convenient package. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Didn't he say he wanted all the police officers to be murdered or something?
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    ^ That was the very first thing, I saw of him.

Yup, that was a really great first impression. It's rare to get such a healthy laugh like that.
  • edited 2011-05-12 14:59:30
    smote
    To be fair, Bobby made a sock puppet to advocate the same thing. In the face.

Deboss: As I recall Fast Eddie did that, very briefly, before deciding it wasn't worth it. Which is a shame, because far too many discussions get drowned out with "Fast Eddie already said he was in favor of this option, so stop trying to talk about anything else".
  • SH hasn't broken any rules, minus calling for mass murder once or twice obviously. 
    The sockpuppet was a joke.  A bad joke, which I wish people would forget.

I haven't seen any rulebreaking SH posts.

And Myr, OTC is supposed to be on-topic.
  • Wait, what sockpuppet was a joke?

(I tried reading back in the thread, but somehow I ended up more confused)