If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You could also go Lawful Good and have a predominantly good party.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And thread started.

This thread could probably stand as the OOC thread, rather than making a third.

• edited 2012-11-06 21:53:15
    Has friends besides tanks now

I want to post, but I'm unsure of how Djanain would get there, or where he's supposed to be right now. Are we assuming everyone's just on the way to the Upper Noble Sector and would converge? Or would they all introduce themselves when at Erith's place?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Dunno.

The word's out on the street. If you want, you can either play it as he's already heard and he's on his way, or he overhears it and decides to head out.

There's also the thing about word-of-mouth- the story may get exaggerated. The rewards, the dangers, etc.

• edited 2012-11-06 21:57:26

Also, quick refresher: is the cult Goblins, or Kobolds? Also, would it matter, for the purposes of knowing the town gossip, that Djanain knows eight different languages, including Goblin and Draconic, among some of the normal PC race languages? How densely mixed-race is the Outer City?

I'll probably play it as, he's heard already. Djanain wouldn't make a snap decision to volunteer for this; he'd need to think it over. I mean, this is practically a cosmetic detail, but, yeah.

The cult is a mix of races, but for the most part, it's comprised of goblins and humans.

The Outer City is mostly comprised of humans, Dwarves, and half-elves. Within the Old City, the Inner City, you find all the other races- Kobolds, Goblins, Orcs, half-Orcs, Gnomes, Halflings, etc. For the most part, Elves refuse to live in the city; there are very few elves that deign to live in there.

In the Outer City, Common is the most common language spoken, followed by Dwarven. In the Old City, it's Undercommon, followed by Common, Goblin, Draconic, Orc, and then the various subsets- Elven, etc, none of which are at all common.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Are we assuming that the PCs all live in the Outer City? I guess it would explain why the Djanwas have had this recent fervor in wanting success.

It depends.

The Outer City is the "civilized" place, where everyone picked up and moved to.

The Old City is the "uncivilized" place. It's where everyone with particularly strong wills live, and everyone unaffected by Evermor's curse- the gangs.

For the most part, it's assumed that people live in the Outer City. It's a rare person who can actually inhabit the Old City- even Tetra can't do it, although she counteracts it by having no permanent home, and using Erith's mansion as her base of operations.

There are maybe a couple thousand people who can actually live in the Old City, and the population of Evermor totals up at over one and a half million.

Ah. Cool.

Vandro: Just to be clear, because I guess my post was kind of ambiguous, Tetra and Erith are in two different places. Tetra is in an alleyway, waiting for something, and Erith is in her mansion, waiting for you guys to show up.

It's certainly possible for you to approach Tetra if you'd like, she's not exactly hiding, but I was nudging you guys towards Erith's mansion. (And I don't know if you could survive the encounter Tetra's heading towards, as it's geared to be a bit tough for Tetra, and your character isn't as survivable as Tetra. ((Also also I wasn't really planning to show Tetra's fight.)) You'd probably survive and help a bit, but yeah, you'd miss out on the cult adventure in favour of whatever Tetra's doing.)

To be absolutely clear, Tetra is several miles south of Erith's mansion, inside the former Upper Noble Sector, in the merchant's section of the region. Erith is inside her mansion, several miles north of where Tetra is, inside the noble's section of the region.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You only needed one paragraph.

Probably. Going on for more stops things from getting jumbled in my head, and I need to be un-jumbled at the moment so I can do homework.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I am assuming Nobles regardless of minor-ness live in mansions.

Also am retconning Rede's Clan to having lived in the Old City. It makes sense. 

Indeed, nobles do live in mansions (or particularly large houses). The older the House is, the more likely that they will have mansions.

Erith's mansion is empty but for her and Tetra for the most part, though. There's a gang of goblins she pays to come in and clean it, but that's it. It depresses her sometimes.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Tetra was busy dealing with Aran at the moment

Fuck yeah, Metroid/Wind Waker crossover.

I haven't really had time to get my backstory written out because sleepdep, but I'll do so when I'm back from work. I'll go ahead and post now though.

Also, are the people who have already posted standing in front of the mansion, or did they go in?

I think Vandro went in.

• edited 2012-11-07 15:32:24

Zoras went in, I had Djanain being on the way and can bring him in whenever, and Rede is just outside. Hmm . . .

• edited 2012-11-07 13:55:38
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Since multiple languages are going to be likely spoken in this campaign, would anyone object if I just set it up as [language]thing being said[/language]?

Like for instance [Elven]blah blah blah words and sentences[/Elven]? 

Anything without this would of course, be Common. 

I'm also still unsure if I have six level one spells a day or seven. :/ 

Sorry that took so long. Had to rush off to work.

I have to be there soon too. I sympathize.

Also

>tiger

>Hobbes

how did I just realize this. 

^_^
    Getting back to work soon. Assume Thevel just goes along with whatever happens and doesn't say much beyond maybe introducing himself.

He already did introduce himself.

I mean to the employer.

Assume the same with Djanain, whenever I'm not around, for the record.

Huh. I didn't think Djanain would get his chance to be a dick to a party member quite so soon.

There's usually a lot of chances for people to be a dick.

Anyway, I have to leave in about... ten minutes, but I should be back in around an hour or so. Hopefully be able to work up a post then.

• edited 2012-11-07 18:55:24
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I, on the other hand have to leave in about twenty minutes and won't be back until 1AM at the earliest.

So yeah. 

Hobbes didn't bow because he was a tiger; he also didn't introduce himself because he was a tiger.

Shit's getting profound up in here. 

Right.

That is the best possible line that could have come out of this RP.

We may as well give up now.