If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I have Skill Focus Ride and it's a class skill, so the DC10 skill check is pretty easy.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yus, but you take a -5 penalty to your Ride checks without a saddle.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

so my chances of a proper attack are 65%.

You get 1 rank in Ride, +3 for it being a Class skill, +3 for Skill Focus, +2 for your Dexterity modifier, -5 for not having a saddle, so in total, you get a +4 bonus to your Ride skill (Unless you get a military saddle; in which case, you lose the -5 penalty, and get a +2 circumstance bonus, bringing you up to +11, which makes it literally impossible for you to fail the DC).

So what's the name proper of the roleplay campaign?

I don't have one.

Evermor, I guess?

• edited 2012-11-06 05:23:53

I may count the Bite as an off-hand weapon if you're using the Longsword too.

I'm far from wanting a fully optimized party (I picked a monk, after all), but you might want to consider getting weapon proficiency with a feat. You can't change the weapon, but 4-6 (I don't remember how many) evolution points are a lot.

Also, given the relationship between manufactured and natural attacks, how the Eidolon is designed and the fact that you get Pounce really cheap in quadruped form, you'd probably be better off sticking to natural attacks.

Unless your idea is to make something like that wolf that carries a greatsword in its mouth from that one videogame, in which case, don't listen to anything I said (except the feat thing, maybe)

I still think the Breath Weapon evolution would be a better choice.

At 1/day, that evolution is better acquired with the Evolution Surge spell when needed.

Hahaha. I'm starting to get the feeling that this isn't all that fixed from 3.5. :P

As already stated, the general powerlevel of Pathfinder is higher all around. Which I think it's the right choice, because I always felt is was kind of dumb for 3.5 to pretend it was this gritty low-fantasy thing when full casters could reshape the world at level 10.

Also, 28 points is a lot of points.

I'm far from wanting a fully optimized party (I picked a monk, after all), but you might want to consider getting weapon proficiency with a feat. You can't change the weapon, but 4-6 (I don't remember how many) evolution points are a lot.

It's 4, and he did. It's written in Hobbe's Feats section- Longsword Proficiency (which is technically incorrect, it should be written Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword, but whatever).

• I noticed right after I made the post.

Yeah, that's how it tends to go.

Regardless, it's a little impractical to have a non-natural attack, but in the end, it works for the concept of the tiger.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So not to be that guy

but when do we start. 

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Also apparently I get a bonus spell per day from....

something.

I don't know it's on my character sheet. 

So not to be that guy

but when do we start. 

Well, for one, when it's not late at night before everything's finalized.

Now that I'm a bit more properly awake, I'll make the thread in an hour or so. If anyone has any questions before it's done, then ask them now.

Alternately, if anyone wants to organize things, e.g. how you met each other, sort it out before then.

• edited 2013-01-07 17:16:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

Also, character sheets, in one post, because I like cataloging things:

Rede Klizz'Osfr*
    Djanain Djanwa
    Nom Lam
    Thevel and Hobbes
    Zoras Yuell
    Tetra

*Retired character

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Gah, barely slepr last night. Trying to come up with backstory. Thinking is ahrd.

• edited 2012-11-06 20:40:32

>slepr
    >ahrd
    >thinking is ahrd

Clearly. :P

(Get some sleep, compadre)

Also, character sheets, in one post

:<

But it's only 7:45 T_T

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ I didn't know you posted it. Or did you? (I'll add it)

^ Okay, fine.

I did. Quite some time ago.

• edited 2012-11-06 20:55:20

Quite some time ago.

Ah. I forgot.

So, we really do represent each and every non-evil alignment?

• edited 2012-11-06 21:04:27

So apparently putting a rank in Linguistics means I get another language. That makes eight!

^ We do? That's actually pretty cool. Nope, Rede and Thevel are both Chaotic Good. Though Rede used to be Chaotic Neutral. :V

You can still change it back CU! You can still change it back!

Rede- Chaotic Good
    Zoras- Neutral Good
    Tetra- Lawful Good
    Thevel- Chaotic Good
    Djanain- True Neutral
    Nom Lam- Lawful Neutral

We have Chaotic Good twice and no Chaotic Neutral. 

You can still change it back CU! You can still change it back!

No, I actually can't -- I'd have to have changed it a first time in order to fo that.

Noooooooooo! our alignment symmetry is not symmetrical!

• edited 2012-11-06 21:22:00

So close! ;~;

Does it count if I counterbalance by going Lawful Neutral?

We already have a Lawful Neutral. You'd need to go Lawful Evil to counterbalance it.