If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

But how would you meet the other characters, hm?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

A man's gotta eat, he is a mercenary, and a craftsman. Looking for a job is the first thing he would do.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Excellent; I can rather work with that.

In fact, a reward of gold at the end of the adventure would work rather fine too, rather than trying to hamfistedly shove treasure rewards into the crypt.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

SO THERE'S A CRYPT INVOLVED HUH

• edited 2012-11-05 22:41:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

SO THERE'S A CRYPT INVOLVED HUH

I have stated that several times.

You're going into a crypt to deal with an evil cult. :|

OH.

OKAY. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

oh so that's what the first quest is

i didn't see you say that before :V

In that case, Djanain would probably go in the hopes of both clearing out cultists (who might invade his property and steal artifacts from him) and finding new artifacts to steal from bad people.

Artifacts would also be a valid motivator for Rede. Particularly shiny things. She likes the shiny.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, update for the people who aren't Nova: We're trying to figure out how my Eidolon actually works in rules terms. A few choice quotes:

yup, checking out the description of Martial Weapon Proficiency, it does not say 'You have to wield weapons in your hands'.

I may count the Bite as an off-hand weapon if you're using the Longsword too.

I still think the Breath Weapon evolution would be a better choice.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:19:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Requires level 9. Turns out most really good evolutions require high levels.

When you get to level nine then.

Also, make the bw swords.

Because then it will spit swords

30 ft. cone of swords. 

Oh, yeah, I will. If I already have all the other awesome stuff I want.

Anyway, so...between the summoner and the eidolon, my damage per round is:

1d3+1d6+2d8+6.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:24:51

._.

. . . At least I have color spray.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:25:45
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

On the minus side, I get three non-cantrip spells per day.

1d3+1d6+2d8+6.

Actually, at first level, it's 1d4+2d8+6.

At fourth level, that increases to 2d4+2d8+6, and you can totally take Improved Damage again to increase your Claw's damage, you can increase that to 2d6+2d8+6.

When you get to Large at Level 7, this will increase again, to 2d4(6)+2d8+14, assuming absolutely no other increases at all.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:34:15

._.

(Actually, that's the sort of thing I was going to try to do with my build. Damage maximization, I mean, not stuffing swords in my mouth and clawing at people)

• edited 2012-11-06 00:40:03
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

On the minus side, I get three non-cantrip spells per day.

I get four.

Also, fuck you. |:| 

man everyone always ends up with a better character than me. :/ 

actually waitaminute how do you determine spells/day again, I think I did this wrong. 

Actually, at first level, it's 1d4+2d8+6.

No, I took Improved Damage for the Bite and the Claws.

And the 1d3 is from my Summoner's Acid Splash.

(Actually, that's the sort of thing I was going to try to do with my build. Damage maximization, I mean, not stuffing swords in my mouth and clawing at people)

If it's any consolation, I've been focusing on maxing out certain things.

For example, at third level, I have a +13 bonus to Diplomacy. At fourth level, this will increase to +15, meaning that even a Natural 1 should be sufficient to convince most people to see things my way.

I have a +6 bonus to Intimidate, and as there are no feats I particularly want to take at the moment until I take Leadership at Level 7, at Level 5 I may take Skill Focus (Intimidate) and sink more ranks into that, leaving me with a +12 bonus to Intimidate at Level 5, which I can use to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see me attacking.

Anyway:

actually waitaminute how do you determine spells/day again, I think I did this wrong. 

Your class should have a chart.

You also get bonus spells depending on your ability score.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:46:31

I get four.

Yeah, well, I get five. XP

(Table's number) + casting stat. You should have way more than 4 (which means you beat me in Spells Per Day, since I only have my Int mod to determine that). However, you only know two 1st-level spells, whereas a Vancian Caster would know more (e.g. Djanain knows eight).

For example, at third level, I have a +13 bonus to Diplomacy. At fourth level, this will increase to +15, meaning that even a Natural 1 should be sufficient to convince most people to see things my way.

I should probably start statting out higher levels of this character, huh?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Fuck you guys, you'l see what happens when I take my mounted charge powers to the utmost limit!

I should probably start statting out higher levels of this character, huh?

You don't have to. Mine is statted out at Level 3 because I'm not playing until after the initial adventure, which will end with you guys at Level 3.

• edited 2012-11-06 00:47:49

^^ Is it anywhere near as broken as it was in 3.5? Because I would be pretty scared of that.

^ Oh, that's what you're doing? Fair enough. I thought Terra was going to be a level 3 among us level 1's.

I think a Paladin would make the adventure a bit too easy. <_<

Okay so I'm a goddamn idiot.

It's actually six per day. 2 plus 4, dohohohohoho I'm a fucking dumbass.

That's still really not great. But I also get my Elemental Ray seven times a day, which makes up for it I suppose. 

Anyway, is there a post with enough setting info for me to get backstory ideas?

Also, do we know how we're meeting? That would help too.

I assume we meet At An Inn, as is tradition.