If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• edited 2011-11-10 16:35:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Can you please change "delete conversation" to "remove me from conversation" so it's more clear what it does?
  • You can change. You can.
    thank you, unknown man. Your help is always appreciated.
  • edited 2011-11-10 23:34:56
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Doing that now.  Also, anyone with an incorrect inbox count due to the old bug can PM me with the number of messages I need to adjust.

EDIT: The remainder of the bugs with it *should* be fixed now.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm getting a weird favicon.Here is a screenshot.

When I hover over it it shows a message "This website does not supply identity information"

Is this happening to anyone else?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That mouse-over message is standard to most websites I think.

The current favicon, however...well, take a guess what it is.
  • edited 2011-11-11 13:13:08

The mouseover text is indeed standard, it's built into the browser mainly for identification of ssl-based sites.

As for the favicon, look harder and you'll see it. In the interim, blame boredom being linked to this thread

• No rainbow star
    I even zoomed in and couldn't figure out what the favicon is supposed to be other than a red crossed out O
    I think it's a crossed-out cake.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    FATAL ERRORS

FATAL ERRORS

MORE FATAL ERRORS

• No rainbow star
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6815744) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/plugins/HtmLawed/htmLawed/htmLawed.php on line 470

Line 470 seems to not like me D:
  • No rainbow star
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 524288) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/functions.error.php on line 134

I'm just going to post these errors as I get them
    Was hating me too.
  • edited 2011-11-11 15:44:34
    No rainbow star
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6815744) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/plugins/HtmLawed/htmLawed/htmLawed.php on line 470

Huh. Same error again

EDIT: Oh a new one!

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6815744) (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/plugins/HtmLawed/htmLawed/htmLawed.php on line 437
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    *Sees only the old favicon*
  • No rainbow star
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6553600) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/plugins/HtmLawed/htmLawed/htmLawed.php on line 40
  • No rainbow star
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/class.controller.php on line 1187

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7340032) (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1664

And the errors that appeared when I tried to post this

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/class.controller.php on line 1158

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 5767168) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php on line 347

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/library/core/class.controller.php on line 1101
  • edited 2011-11-11 19:18:05

Apache needs to be shot.  That is all.

EDIT: reverted a change I did about a couple hours ago, hopefully that stops apache from vomiting. re-applied after going on a mass spam killing spree

• It seems Apache needs to be shot again. 
  • edited 2011-11-11 19:14:04

so does at&t, just for good measure

EDIT:  
    welp, found the root of the problem.  spam getting through to another site on the same server.  gimme a little bit while I go on a destruction mission~  *grabs the nearest chainsaw*  

EDIT 2: That should stop it from asploding.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    -ahem-

Might I suggest we forbid the posting of genitalia?
    I'm thinking of forbidding the posting of NSFW pictures, though I'm now trying to think of how someone will skirt that.
  • edited 2011-11-12 20:51:25
    lines 134, 209, and 39 hate me.

Alternatively, I think the server was not very happy about having a picture of a user's dick posted on it.
  • No rainbow star
    Wouldn't a rule forbidding NSFW pictures shut down the Images thread?

AND PISS OFF LINE 79!
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ We could just turn any NSFW images in that thread to hyperlinks. And/or enforce our right to ban any images we deem unacceptable without explicit criteria, even if the thread containing them is marked "NSFW", since mods reserve that right anyway.
  • edited 2011-11-12 21:20:23
    line 28 was hating me five minutes ago.

Curses, line 143!  And line 68!
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Sounds reasonable
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    I checked the server, it says it is not interested in seeing pictures of people's dicks.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Wait, the image was the reason why the forum suddenly blew up?
  • edited 2011-11-12 22:34:57

of course it was

but seriously, I think it was something memory spiking for a moment. the fun part was I was figuring it out and ended up somehow not being able to see what I was typing :P

• edited 2011-11-12 22:50:48
    Loser
    Everest,
    We could just turn any NSFW images in that thread to hyperlinks. And/or enforce our right to ban any images we deem unacceptable without explicit criteria, even if the thread containing them is marked "NSFW", since mods reserve that right anyway.

That sounds like a good idea to me. I am generally of the opinion that NSFW images, if allowed, should be made so that people are clearly aware what they are and so only people who want to see them have to be exposed to them. I feel like that is the best way to avoid upsetting those who may find them disturbing, gross, and inappropriate. Basically, I think forbidding the posting of NSFW pictures is the right move.