If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Mobile site now has the flagging link. Just sayin'.
  • Hey, it does!

TIME TO FLAG EVERYTHING IN SIGHT
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    While we're at it, anything else the mobile site needs to not fail at?
  • edited 2011-11-17 00:44:49
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Page numbers, instead of that stupid "More Comments" thing.

And a button to access the Activity page from the front page.
  • Basically, it needs to be exactly like the real site, only mobile-style.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^No, there's one feature I like. Showing the OP's avatar on the thread link from the list is pretty cool.
  • edited 2011-11-17 00:53:21
    No rainbow star
    ^^^ "Page numbers, instead of that stupid "More Comments" thing."

THIS!

MOTHERFUCKING THIS!

My phone's browser has CRASHED because of too many comments loaded. Pages would fix this
  • ^^ Ah, this is true. I was thinking mostly of the threads themselves.
  • edited 2011-11-17 01:45:15
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

I'll see if I can't wrangle something up tomorrow later today, since I'll be asleep soon

Also, fun fact.  I'm going after the paging bit first 'cause I kinda want to find it for conversations too, as that uses the 'more' button too.

• edited 2011-11-17 21:11:50
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

More button dead on the mobile site.

More button also dead in conversations.

More button killed with fire.

Also the activity link exists, or rather, is uncommented, on the mobile site.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    THANK YOU
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ You are a god and I love you
  • Can someone PM me, or preferably, post a PM on a conversation I've been in? I noticed there was a conversation PM I wasn't notified about and want to see if will keep on happening.
    There was a bug. It's fixed now.
  • You can change. You can.
    It really isn't. I didn't get any PM notification till I clicked in my inbox and it turned out that I'd've been receiving PMs for a week.

That just happened, btw
    Huh...Well, it was fixed at one point...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    UE told me he fixed it and I verified it on his test board.  Hmm...I'll have to let him know.
  • Good people don't end up here.
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/ijbm/public_html/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php on line 194

...I got about seven different variations on this theme between first running into it and trying to report it here.
    Yeah, the board does this every so often.
    Yea, it does that, though I disabled an auto updater that likes to eat memory like candy, so it should happen marginally less.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    How are embeds supposed to work, now?
    Youtube embeds magically happen by just plopping down the URL; you have to jump through hoops to make them show up as URLs themselves.
  • May we have a "Society" category? I don't think "Politics" or "Philosophy" necessarily covers those kinds of topics particularly well.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Maybe just combine them into a society category (since I see Society encompassing the two topics and more)?
  • Not so much. Sociology is the humanities area that deals with societal interaction, and that's distinct from philosophy which deals with a much wider range of subjects. Politics tends to be lumped in with society, but they too are distinct since in addition to domestic policy, there is also foreign policy. And if you believe Margaret Thatcher, society doesn't exist.
    I've normally thrown life-and-society-related topics in "meatspace" or "general", actually.

I used to stick political ones in meatspace too, but then it became a big enough category in its own right.
  • A PM conversation I am participating in has reached its second page, but I find myself unable to click back to the first page to review the conversation.

...Bug, or my browser fucking with me?
    Should be a "show more messages" thing at the top of the page.  If it's not, let's bug UE.
    I'm having the same bug. I see the page numbers, but when I click on the button to go to the first page, it just reloads the second page.