If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• This is sweet, thanks!

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Nice.

Hmm, I think I need a more distinctive avatar.  It's like, half of everyone else has an animesque female character as their avatar...

graarhasdfkjsd;lkfjasdfasd .a

asdfsdfkjljksrseraserasdfsdfsfasdfsdfsdfserlkjslkjrsdf

preformatted text?

.__
    ____ ___ ________ _____ ______ | | ____
    _/ __ \\ \/ /\__ \ / \\____ \| | _/ __ \
    \ ___/ > < / __ \| Y Y \ |_> > |_\ ___/
    \___ >__/\_ \(____ /__|_| / __/|____/\___ >
    \/ \/ \/ \/|__| \/

.__          
    ____ ___ ________ _____ ______ | | ____
    _/ __ \\ \/ /\__ \ / \\____ \| | _/ __ \
    \ ___/ > < / __ \| Y Y \ |_> > |_\ ___/
    \___ >__/\_ \(____ /__|_| / __/|____/\___ >
    \/ \/ \/ \/|__| \/
  • edited 2012-01-10 15:17:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Let's say I want to map out a series of rooms.  Since the editor has variable-width font, i'm going to go do this in Notepad, then select the Preformatted style here, and then paste it.

#
    |.....%....|      #
    |..$.....@.|      #
    |..........-#######

#
                      ###
                        #
                        ###
                          #

+---
             |....B.......@..|
             |%%!?"([]*[))*!!|
             |+%???=[)(*(=/%"|

Works!

Can't seem to get out of the preformatted setting, though, without un-preformatting everything else.
    However, I should just be able to do this outside of the preformatting, before I start with it.

I should also take this to the sandbox.
  • Some user's avatars (Juan's and Compassionate Sadist's) show up as black when at their smallest, such as on Activity announcements and posts and on PMs.

That might have to do with the recent change to PNG conversion.

• And Compassionate Sadist's now works just fine.

• I like that the new editor can recognize Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, and Ctrl-U in Firefox. The old one could do that in some browsers but in Firefox it never worked.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It can?

Cool.

asdfasdfasdfaesrlkasdljfHOLY CRAP IT WORKS!??!

• Unknown_Entity,

Thanks for making it so we can use PNG avatars now. I realize it is a pretty minor thing, but JPEG artifacts bug me.

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

If the original image was a jpeg, conversion to png isn't going to get rid of them.  Otherwise, I can give it another check and make sure I didn't miss some other instance of jpg -> png

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I notice the 'Write Comment' button is missing from this little box.

I mean, it's only a little thing, but it means I can't post from my 3DS :v

The newline separation (within a paragraph) of posts made by the new editor is slightly larger than the newline separation of the old editor.

However, the inter-paragraph separation of the new editor is also pretty small.  As a result, it's easier for text of different paragraphs to look run-together.

I wonder if this is due to browser settings, font settings for this display font, or the fault of the editor itself.

The plain comment box doesn't play well with this new editor, so I had to remove the button.  I was however considering just adding the 3ds to the list of 'mobile' browsers so it bypasses the new editor, if that's fine.

• I could deal with that.

• edited 2012-01-12 14:05:42
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

3ds confirmed mobile theme now
    /posting from one

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    kewl
  • You can change. You can.

I'm getting a New Pm thingie when I've read all of my PMs

what gives

Did you happen to remove yourself from a conversation recently?

• edited 2012-01-13 16:58:15
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, he did.

Sorry, Juan, that's just a known bug :/

• edited 2012-01-13 17:00:53

yea, I just noticed he removed himself from that giant PM of everybody.  Still haven't figured out how to make it not add to the PM counter properly, even though with the current code it's not supposed to be doing that anymore.

/me runs off to check the code again 

• You can change. You can.

Yeah, but when I removed myself from the big recent PM, I didn't get the count problem. I got it when I deleted a recent PM from Elbeem.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It doesn't happen instantly. Just when someone replies to it. The big PM went awhile without replies, but regained steam.

• edited 2012-01-13 18:08:09

I just checked the code again, and supposedly it should be excluding inbox increment on those removed from a PM.  Are you getting a notification about the PM too?  The way adding notifications and incrementing the inbox counter works are similar enough to where none or both of them should trigger.

• edited 2012-01-13 19:04:37
    You can change. You can.

Hmm, can I be added again to the big PM thing?

^No. I only have notifications about bookmarked threads and the PM conversation Elbeem and me had recently.

Indirectly readded you; it should show up in your inbox again.  Apparently, I have to go back and recheck the conversation modding I did a while back.

• No rainbow star
    What massive conversation? :D?