If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Legend Of Zelda.

Comments

• edited 2011-04-28 13:05:49
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've played both TP versions. They're about the same quality-wise, but the maps are all mirror images, which is kinda disorienting, though that doesn't matter if you just play one.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I've only played the Wii version, myself. I spent the first couple of hours getting used to using my right hand with the Wii remote.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    @ Glenn: May I take this up in messages with you?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was originally planning on getting a used GC, and Link being a leftie is canon, hence.

^ Sure, go ahead.
  • They're somethin' else.
    If you want standard tried and true Zelda, play the CG version.

If you want an experimental Zelda with an excellent aiming system, but a very wonky interface otherwise, try the Wii version.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    If you want to do a goddamned backflip and some other awesome shit on Epona, play the GC version.
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:30:03
    Chagen, someone on the IRC linked me to this thread, and even though I don't post here normally, and certainly don't want to make posting here a regular habit, I felt this was worth mentioning:

You're a total fucking dipshit and your opinion of yourself is WAY too fucking high, get the fuck over yourself. A lot of the (most of the) replies in this thread are pointless stupidity masquerading as debate, people threatening you with ZOMG PLAY A REALLY BAD GAME is not debate, its not even a counterpoint, its just those people being fucking morons and failing to accept even the most basic differences in taste exist, and even then failing to make their point regarding Zelda's quality eloquently, or even at all.

I mean look at the first replies in this thread. You got an ellipsis, not even worth replying to, you got abyss worm telling you you were getting BTTF for christmas, again, not even worth replying to, seeing as its just a poor attempt at trying to mask a jibe at you with the weak excuse that it was intended as humour for others. (Hint: If someone posts something that will be taken badly by one party, and they know it, the excuse they were doing it just to please all other parties is hardly an excuse. They knew what they were doing, fuck, its the basic building block of being a successful troll, goddamn.)

Then you got an "oh boy he mad", which no matter how you look at it is just pointlessly trying to bait you into a fight (And you rose to it admirably. And by admirably I mean like a dumbass)

Then you got another ellipsis after you made an angry, petulant, sarcastic and thoroughly stupid reply, again, not worth replying to. (And Dyre, seriously, that joke wasn't funny the first time, thats why nobody laughed, don't pull it out again to nail it home, its not going to work)

Then you got an offtopic post from another person who transparently doesn't want to be the one who obviously sets you off, while still wishing to partake in the drama.

Then abyss worm follows up on his comment, and makes some cryptic reference to fireplacing. I don't know enough about whatever he's talking about to comment, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't pointed at you somehow.

Then Schitzo drops in to say something innocuous, knowing full well you'll take it as sarcasm and get mad while he gets to look like the reasonable one in the debate, well done him, excellent troll. Cygan throws her hat into the ring with ANOTHER bit of petty sarcasm (Seriously IJBM people, do you know of any other type of humour? You all argue like sarcasm is the only way to get a point across)

Then you drop in to get all butthurt (YET AGAIN), and amazingly enough, despite the fact all these posts above have been in some way pointed and created to needle you, you manage to totally overreact about something nobody had even BEGUN to say. That takes some serious fucking dedication Chagen, to miss that many barbs and still get angry like a fucking bitch over something totally unrelated.

I genuinely could go on analysin each post in this thread, but by this point you get what I'm driving at - Every fucker in this thread, including you, was being a god damn idiot. Everyone who WASNT you, in this thread chagen, was making snide fucking comments, abusing sarcasm like its going out of style, and generally being a dick to you in that very calculated, smug, superior, self-aggrandising imperious way that only tropers can do best, and yet rather than point that out, rather than make your posts intelligent and thought out, rather than do ANYTHING that would make you come off as the less petty side of the argument, you fell for everything hook line and fucking sinker, made a gigantic ass of yourself, and then started crying foul as if people were supposed to give a fuck about the whiny baby throwing a temper tantrum for the millionth time.

Every fucking time, Chagen, EVERY FUCKING TIME, you, in your infinite fucking wisdom, have to go on an instant fucking detour from whatever the topic is, into your usual doomed spiral of "OMG I'M TOTALLY RIGHT WHY DO PEOPLE HATE ME, I'M SO SUPERIOR TO YOU ALL BLAH BLAH BLAH FEEL SORRY FOR ME EVERYONE I AM BEING PICKED ON BY THE MAJORITY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO BELIEVE IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE FACT I AM AN ESTABLISHED DUMBFUCK WITH NO REDEEMING QUALITIES"

Do you really think making a big fucking deal out of how persecuted you feel, has any positive bearing whatsoever on what people think of you? If you do I've got news for you kid, it doesn't. It makes you look like a self-entitled moron.

You know what would have helped your case in this thread? If you'd had a fucking clue. If you'd made intelligent points and stuck with them to back yourself up, giving reasons and evidence to back up your claims. Its not as if the Zelda series, even to people who like it, is perfect. There are myriad annoyances in all the games. Most of them have by now been translated into humorous online webcomic form for your amusement. Some of them are even fucking legendary internet humour, exalted in the halls of www history, like "I AM ERROR", still others have been brought to the attention of the masses based on recent games. The water temple alone is given such a beating by all and sundry its surprising it hasn't blushed itself scarlet for being so fucking impossibly difficult, and slit its own wrists over it.

But, again, no, you can't do that. I've seen your posts even on the old fora, and one in particular stands out, it rises above the rest of your inane and worthless babble to make it clear exactly how much you overestimate yourself. The text of the thread concerned your being removed from some sort of advanced class in school, and you didn't take it as a sign you should work harder. You didn't sit down and think "Maybe I should apply myself more in order to take back a place I know I deserve", like hell would THE ALMIGHTY CHAGEN46 stoop so low as to display some basic god-damned humility, hell no. Instead, you went on a rant about how you were suddenly worthless, and at one point you described yourself as having "been relegated to the rank of the proles" or some such bullshit. You wanna know how that reads to everyone else? Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

"WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH I AM CHAGEN FEEL SORRY FOR ME I'M SO HARD DONE TO. NOBODY CARES ABOUT MY DIAPER FETISH, FEEL SORRY FOR ME DESPITE THE FACT I BRING IT UP EVERY CHANCE I GET LIKE A BROKEN RECORD. I'M NOT DOING WELL IN SCHOOL, FEEL SORRY FOR ME DESPITE THE FACT I'M MAKING IT OBVIOUS I HAVE A MASSIVE NEED TO FEEL SUPERIOR TO PEOPLE. I GOT BANNED, FEEL SORRY FOR ME EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FUCKING OBVIOUS AS SHIT TO EVERYONE THAT IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND I BROUGHT IT ON MYSELF. I DON'T LIKE ZELDA AND I KNEW FROM THE START THIS THREAD WAS GOING TO NET ME HELL, BUT I DID IT ANYWAY AND THEN I HANDLED IT BADLY ON TOP OF THAT AND NOW I'M TAKING THE FLAK FOR IT, FEEL SORRY FOR ME! WAH WAH WAH."

Get the fuck over yourself Chagen. If you want to go around claiming everyone should feel sorry for you, then by all means do it, but for fucks sake stop being so damned surprised when people turn around and don't give a fuck, because you've more than exhausted the patience of everyone who has EVER dealt with you. Nobody has any sympathy for you anymore. Those that claim to are either feigning it to look good in front of everyone else, lying to themselves about how compassionate they are so they can feel like they're helping someone, or they're flat out fucking SAINTS. I've seen and talked to a lot of the people that try and act impartial in the ridiculous shitstorms you create, and every fucking one of them, regardless of how nice they are to your face, has usually come around later on to vent to everyone else about how exasperating you are to deal with.

GET. A. GRIP.
  • And everyone else, stop fucking needling him. If he offends you that
    badly, petition GMH to ban the fucker or something, theres enough of you
    that I VERY much doubt you'll fall short of a majority. Maybe it'll be
    the first time an e-petition actually acheives something, I don't
    fucking know, but I sure as fuck know that you guys keeping Chagen
    around so you can feel superior to him at all times isn't any better
    than what he does by flying off the handle and being a douche. If
    anything its worse, because rather than engage on any level with what he
    wants to say, you douches seem to rattle off in your heads what you
    want him to be saying, and then needle the crap out of him until he
    flips, which as we all know is easy as shit to do and only serves the
    purpose of bolstering your egos by being able to say "Well at least I'm
    not as bad as Chagen, I'm evidently more reasonable and more
    intelligent." Hell, that might be true, but from what I've seen of how
    people treat this bullshit, you're also more malicious and manipulative
    too, and those aren't positive qualities.

The worst part? I fucking agree with Chagen. I don't like the Zelda
    games either. I've tried my fair share. Minish Cap, Majoras Mask, OoT,
    Links Awakening, more than enough to get a feel and decide I don't like
    them. And thanks to this thread, any chance of actually letting Chagen
    (attempt to) discuss intelligently the topic of why he doesn't like
    these particular games, is lost in the fucking wind. I hope you're all
    proud. none of you is blameless here, you've all ruined what could have
    been a productive discussion for the sake of mocking a controversial
    opinion, and you've not even done it for the sake of the opinion, but
    rather who its coming from. Thats pretty douchey. Get real. GitBiz Out.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    tl;dr

• Jesus, guys.

So yeah, how 'bout them like-likes?
  • @randomtropeloser - Far from it, dear boy. If I were mad, I wouldn't have bothered to post.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Everybody:

Enough.
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:37:11
    Oooooh he mad.

Damn, Ninjad
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:36:11
    Pony Sleuth
    Wall of text? Paragraph of caps lock? Swears?

That's a funny way of communicating dispassion.
  • Thread is now about CD-i Zelda games.

Discuss.
  • Come on you guys. Replying with blanket statements like "he mad" only goes to prove his point. Try and read it, just because it's long and full of obscenities doesn't mean he's talking nonsense.
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:39:02
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Good.

Now:

IJBM: That I have to buy a Wii to play the new games, when I just bought myself a 3DS to play one of their games :/

@ Everyone: Read it, think about it, then drop it. Do not reply. We need no further derail.
  • Why the hell did you buy a 3DS this early? You could have waited for the price to go down or actual games to come out.

That said, aren't Wiis pretty cheap nowadays? I think they're somewhere just above $100?
  • 1 - I think you'll find there are *2* paragraphs of capslock.
    2 - I think you'll find both of those paragraphs are comprised of 100% genuine imitation Chagen46.
    3 - For real guys, you realise all the hilarious witty replies you're trying and failing to give, are only proving my exact point? GG guys.
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:46:01
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I have a small bedroom to play it in.

I preordered my 3DS- it was that, or buy an iPod.

And yes. Please leave off trying to respond. Just think about what he said.
  • I'm sorry GB, but I'm not always a fountain of wit.
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:49:34
    Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    @GB, you're right.

@Cygan, Which game was it? If it was Ocarina of time, perhaps you can get a return on the 3DS and get the LoZ collector's edition for the Gamecube and then get a Wii since the CE has Ocarina of time as well as Majora's mask and the first two. It's probably cheap in this day and age and you will still be able to play the new games. There isn't much worth buying a 3DS right now anyway.
  • Proving your point that you have too much time on your hands to spend on random internet person #537487?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I've been thinking about getting a 3DS, but I would rather get a Wii HD, even if it takes a year or so. 
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:50:31
    @randomtropeloser: I think you missed the point. He was criticizing us for mocking Chagen just so we can feel superior.

• @Cygan, Which game was it? If it was Ocarina of time, perhaps you can get a return on the 3DS and get the LoZ collector's edition for the Gamecube and then get a Wii since the CE has Ocarina of time as well as Majora's mask and the first two. It's probably cheap in this day and age and you will still be able to play the new games. There isn't much worth buying a 3DS right now anyway.
      I do not have a TV yet anyway >_>
  • edited 2011-04-28 14:52:17
    I always feel wrong agreeing with whatever GB says because it seems like I'm kissing his ass. But I agree with him.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Ah, Well that would be a better reason.
This discussion has been closed.