If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Legend Of Zelda.

12346»

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I thought so.

Which should I buy first- preorder Skyward Sword, or get Twilight Princess?
  • At this point, I admit I never actually played a Zelda game. What would be a good place to start? Personally, the 2D games look more interesting because there seems to be more fighting going on, but I'd like to see what people recommend.
  • edited 2011-04-28 15:00:37
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I'd recommend A Link To The Past for 2D games, and Ocarina Of Time for 3D.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    @Cygan, It's a tough sell. I can't really recommend Skyward Sword based purely on promise and the general "It's a Nintendo first party franchise, it's going to be at least decent and at most a masterpiece." So It's nebulous. Twilight Princess on the other hand may be a good choice, nice open world, interesting characters, Midna's snark is especially likable if you're into that, though the critic in my is just saying "It's just a bigger and darker colored and upgraded graphic version Ocarina of Time!" I say wait until we got concrete stuff on Skyward Sword.

@Abyss Worm, I'd recommend the 2D games. Great place to start, but then I'm biased since that's how I got in.

My first recommendation might be Oracle of Ages and Oracle of seasons for the GBA, but that's how I started and may not be for everyone. So....

Link's Awakening. I don't remember it too well since it's been a  long time but I remember liking it a lot. actually, I think you should just get Link's awakening, dive right in.
  • edited 2011-04-28 15:03:07
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ That seems to be the consensus.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    They're good gateway games, is why.

@Mousa: Gotcha. I'll wait a bit, probably just use it to get a bit healthier with like, Wii Sports or something.

Or I could buy both...
  • edited 2011-04-28 15:25:10
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well I messed up my post so have a lovely picture relating to Zelda instead.

• So everybody, I learned stuff:

1. Don't say your opinon as objective fact.

2. Don't say your opinion in a horribly rude way.

Is this right?
  • edited 2011-04-28 17:10:31
    Well done, you now know basic social interactions.

Mod edit: Okay, now please stop being condescending yourself.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sounds like a pretty good summary, yep.
  • edited 2011-04-28 16:31:46
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "So everybody, I learned stuff:

1. Don't say your opinon as objective fact.

2. Don't say your opinion in a horribly rude way.

Is this right?"

Sounds boss. :)

"Well done, you now know basic social interactions."

Is there really any reason why you had to snark at him after he admitted to learning something, other than as a petty "I told you so"?
    Indeedy.

Quick, thump The Conductor!

I'm eyeing Mousa's suspiciously too.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just edited them instead.
    Excellent!
  • Hey! Those were pretty funny!
This discussion has been closed.