If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Announcement that includes the rules. You should probably read it!

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    If they decide we're taking up too much freakin' bandwidth.  Which we might if we actually truly become IJBM2.
  • I don't think 10 dedicated IJBM users can possibly create 1,000+ threads on a monthly basis, for a continuing basis of an entire year. This has existed for almost a month and we aren't even 2/3rds of the way there.

ACCEPT CHALLENGE?

> YES

> NO

> PUT IT IN

• Also Gelzo, it's okay. You just sounded "stay out of my threads" for a moment.
  • edited 2011-02-03 23:52:32
    ^^ Rape Ayumi.

Christianity says that people are inherently good and that deep down we all want to do the right thing. Video games prove the opposite is true. When Tokimeki Check-in presents you with the game options of "Rape Ayumi" and "Don't Rape Ayumi", it's only a matter of time before curiosity gets the better of you and you rape her. (La cristiandad dice que la gente es inherentemente buena y que en el fondo todos queremos hacer las cosas correctas. Los videogames prueban que lo opuesto es verdad. Cuando Tokimeki presento el juego con la opción de “rape ayumi”(violar a ayumi) y “don’t rape ayumi”(no violar a ayumi), era cuestión de tiempo que antes de que la curiosidad tome lo mejor de ti, tu ya hayas violado a ayumi.)
  • How much bandwidth is too much bandwidth?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    understandable.
    Rule 2 has been clarified into 2a and 2b by yours truly.
  • I noticed funnyguts is a Moderator now.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    As am I.
  • edited 2011-02-08 09:14:39
    Cue-bey
    Everybody is a moderator! My wish came true!
  • Aw, I wanna be a moderator!

Though I get the feeling this is one of those things where, the more I say I want it, the less likely it is to happen.
    I appointed a couple new mods, because I don't want to spend all day long hanging out on this board F5ing the dang page.
  • Haha, only losers use F5.

(Fun fact: I push F5 to type f5)
  • edited 2011-02-08 14:13:22
    Everybody is a moderator! My wish came true!

RationalWiki does this. With software that allows for transparency, it's effective and fun as hell.
  • NOTE:

Everyone on this list is not a Moderator:
    Tnophelia / Vorpy
    Anonus
    The Mighty Anonym
    Snailbait
    Stormtroper
    Khwarizami
    MyFireworksDoesYours
    Trash_Vortex
  • -is also not a moderator-
  • The moral of this story: Do not say "Everybody is a moderator! My wish came true!", because the people do did not will go to delete their bad posts, find out they aren't mods, think everyone BUT them is a mod, feel like shit, not come online for awhile, then figure out not everyone is a mod.
  • Or just take a look at Activity.
  • Do not say "Everybody is a moderator! My wish came true!", because the people do did not will go to delete their bad posts, find out they aren't mods, think everyone BUT them is a mod, feel like shit, not come online for awhile, then figure out not everyone is a mod.

Why do I get the feeling you know this from experience?
  • Gaiaonline Helper Panel.

Minus the -"then figure out not everyone is a mod" part.
    One forum I used to frequent did April Fool's Day jokes.  For example, being a Mega Man forum, it once replaced every instance of "the" with "Green Biker Dude" and every instance of "a" with "Red Biker Dude?".

One year, the admin backed up the forum on 31 March, and then gave EVERYONE moderator powers.

Completely insane hilarity ensued for the next 24 hours.
  • That sounds like major fun.
    That must have been epic.
    I missed most of it, sadly.

By the time i got there, the forum had been blanked and was replaced by black on white text, with people posting furiously and messing with each other.
  • Silliness.

Oh Gaiaonline...
  • edited 2011-02-08 21:54:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Same here. I'm still feeling a bit paranoid about accidentally hitting the "nuke thread" button or something, but I'm fairly sure I won't.
    Well, it won't be any worse than if this forum didn't exist, right?

And it's IJBM fodder for someone else to complain about its being accidentally nuked anyway. :P

That said, IIRC you can't change forum settings.  If you can, do please demonstrate by changing the color of the layout.
    A mod sandbox thread?
This discussion has been closed.