If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Announcement that includes the rules. You should probably read it!

Comments

• I wrote an ignore script for here, just now.
  • YOU DID? :>

OMG SUGOI
  • ^^ Wow, that was fast.
  • edited 2011-02-15 15:30:34
    Well it actually took almost an hour, because I'm not very good at that sort of thing...
    Still, it's not like it's very complicated.

I'm not sure if it's really a good idea to share it though, all of a sudden.  Like, for the reasons some people have problems with others using ignore scripts I guess.

Then again, if you want to use an ignore script to ignore a person, you probably wouldn't read their posts anyway, and the script just makes it easier to do so.

So... here's a link.  Copy all of that to a greasemonkey script and then put names into the ignorelist just like you would with the other ignore script.  This isn't as nice as Meo's so this just replaces the entire ignored post (+ name and  avatar) with "(IGNORED POST)" with no option to show it anyway.
  • edited 2011-02-15 15:31:35
    If you happened to click that link in the past minute or so... know that I don't actually have Anonus on my ignore list.

I WAS JUST USING HIM TO TEST IT I SWEAR!  I WUV YOU ANONUS!
  • Huh, I just figured out how to make scripts like that (where you have to edit the source code before installing them) work with Google Chrome.

(I was just testing it out. There isn't anyone here I'd actually want to ignore.)
  • You big meanie. I will never forgive you. :P
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:21:38
    You think DYRE blocking you is bad? Well once I figured out how to use Meophist's Opera/Firefox TVT ignore script on Chrome, I blocked AnonymousUser, ImipolexG, Jumpingzombie, Charlotte, and CentralAvenue.

Especially CentralAvenue. I can't stand that brat.

[I determined the ignore script doesn't work with gingerbread off, though I didn't really expect it to.]
  • Thank you DYRE.

This shall be the deathknell of all opinionated fuckfaces and pieces of shit that dare disagree with me or call me out over anything.

• edited 2011-02-15 18:41:46
    Okay...how do you add names again?
  • The line that says "var ignorelist=[];"

Put the names in between the brackets.  In quotes, separated by commas.

So, like:

var ignorelist = ["DYRE","Tnophelia"];
  • Oh, you add ""

There we go.
  • Seems like I should learn JS sometime for shit like this.
  • edited 2011-02-16 20:23:30
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So. I locked the Kino thread while we figure out if it was violating TV Tropes rules. Any comments?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    If you want, I can contact one of the TVTropes moderators, like Madrugada or Bobby G, and ask if they think it was a violation of the rules.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I feel like the thread itself might not have been, but some of the stuff in it might have...
  • Let's lock more threads!

and throw a party for our first locked thread ever.
  • edited 2011-02-16 20:32:05
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The thread itself doesn't seem to have been. It was a thread created with the intent of expressing discontent about certain people's attitudes, which doesn't seem to be against the rules.

However, perhaps it would be a good idea to check the contents of the thread against the TVTropes moderators- so that we can judge what does and doesn't count as a violation of the rules in future without getting them involved.

^ I think the mods are trying to avoid locking threads. Ad this one's only a temporary lock.
    Well, it's a temporary lock while we decide if a permanent one is needed.

But yeah, maybe contacting the mods over there would be best...
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Okay.

I will contact a moderator over there about this.
    Thank you, Cygan!
    No worries.

I contacted Madrugade about it, and I will also contact Morven.
  • Let's just not let this place become a "NEED TO WATCH" ground though. I like how most stuff said here is generally ignored (hence all of my ego stroking, emotional whining and bashes against things I don't like).
    That thread's pretty much the only thing we've ever had a possible problem with. I don't think that'll happen.
    Yeah. That thread is the only thing I can really see that is a problem, because it threatened to violate the rules.
  • edited 2011-02-16 22:03:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @ Tnoph: Just don't overdo it.

@ Cygan: At worst, i just zap that thread.
  • For some reason I wonder why they care about "exporting" drama at all, aside from the "launching pad" thing.
    The thread could arguably be seen as importing it.
    Regarding the latest post in the Kino thread: would that qualify as importing drama?
This discussion has been closed.