If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Maybe you should stop sending undead swiss cheese after us. :|

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Maybe you should your mum. :|

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm actually confused as to the positioning of party members myself, as everyone seemed to just rush at the doorway.

I would have guessed Thevel and Hobbes at the front, followed by Zoras and Djanain, but now Rede and Nom Lam have acted. Presumably, Nom Lam is nearest to/inside the door now, but I'd imagine Rede is still hanging back a bit. So . . .

Also, I have to go at 9:30. I'll only be gone an hour, though.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Look. How's about this;

I'll draw up the maps on the program, and maybe even edit in enemy's positioning. Other than that, you guys can like, imagine it, or draw in your own character's positioning if you want.

Okay. I could try that.

Wait, did the map retroactively edit itself? :V

Yeah, it did.

Because I have it saved on Dropbox, and that's where I link it from, any saves I make to the map appear on previous postings of it, too, unless I save it as a new file and link that.

So, could I, like, download it to my own dropbox and edit it, or something?

Oh, yeah, certainly.

It wouldn't update my version of it, but you could post your own version, and any edits you made would appear on your posts with it.

Hmm . . . what did you use to edit the original image? And could I get a blank, by chance?

I used just MSPaint to add the S's, if that's what you're asking.

Otherwise, I used this program (linked earlier on the page) to draw up the original map.

Hmm.

In the meantime, I found something that seems really comprehensive, but it might be more complex than you'd like.

Any chance we could just learn algebraic notation and remember what's changed on the map you've presented to us?

what is algebraic notation

• edited 2012-11-12 22:32:54
    Has friends besides tanks now

Chess notation. "E10 Skeletor to F5, to attack Djanain," etc.

You mean... grid co-ordinates.

• edited 2012-11-12 22:35:29

I guess that's another way of putting it. Basically that. No play-by-play multiplayer photo-editing, or program coordination required. Just maybe a new map at the end of each round, from the GM, with quick adjustments.

Sure, I could definitely work with that.

• edited 2012-11-12 22:50:38

Sweet.

As if we weren't nerdy enough already.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

More numbers?

Why do you hate me, All Nines?

• edited 2012-11-12 23:32:44

It's only half numbers. :|

But seriously, it's only numerical in the sense that you'd have to do some counting. It would be much easier than whatever other methods are out there.

Unless you were just kidding.

As if we weren't nerdy enough already.

inorite

So, here's a map of what is (I think) everyone's relative positions.

Now to go make actions (woops).

Everest, if you're still awake, prepare for your turn!

• edited 2012-11-13 06:49:55

Mur. No tactically advantageous spots at the moment. Would have thrown a dagger, but then I'd take a range penalty. Is it too late to retract that if I post it, forgetting about that penalty?

Actually, you do have a tactically advantegous spot. From where you are standing, you can attack any skeletons standing in the doorway; Nom Lam can attack them; Zoras could attack them if he was closer; and Hobbes could attack them if he was closer. Both Rede and Thevel can attack from a distance.

Meanwhile, so long as you maintain your position, only one skeleton can move forward into the doorway. :P

Mur. No tactically advantageous spots at the moment. Would have thrown a dagger, but then I'd take a range penalty. Is it too late to retract that if I post it, forgetting about that penalty?

:<

Sure. I'll edit out that part if you'd like.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I can do squat if you guys don't move out of the bottleneck.

• edited 2012-11-13 07:01:31

Or I could go to the left and put up a defensive spell, and still only one skeleton would be able to move forward into the doorway. Plus, I'd be not-dead after moving next to three skeletons and be not-jeopardizing my melee buddies by clogging the other side of the door. Unfortunately, my dagger only has a 10 ft. range, so my decent attack roll becomes not-so-decent.

#DoorProbz

^ Actually, I'd suggest that Nom Lam move back five feet, with me at the left and you on the right, to make a three-way trap for any skeleton that can enter, with none of us taking attack roll penalties. Then, if a skeleton wants to move past us, it would provoke up to three AoO's.

• edited 2012-11-13 06:56:28
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^^ Not true! You can attack around a corner, albeit at the cost of a +4 cover bonus to the creature's AC.

^ Well, yeah. It's the bottleneck that's advantegous.

• edited 2012-11-13 07:05:51

I might have delegated my turn to throw that dagger from where I was, but I don't want to re-roll after retracting my previous action. If I had thought to do that in the first place . . . :V

Sure. I'll edit out that part if you'd like.

Thanks!

Done.

vandro: It is your turn, however. Can't do anything until your turn is over.